PDA

View Full Version : Will 4.5 support sticker spray tilt?

Jesmcalli
07-10-2014, 11:43 PM
As the title says. I am thrilled that AR is implementing pen tilt, however I never use the pencil tool anymore, as there are some really awesome custom sticker sprays that knock it out of the water. So, is there a definitive yay or nay on whether pen tilt will be an option for sticker spray?

Someonesane
07-11-2014, 02:35 AM
The Sticker Spray does support the Pen Tilt (as well as Rotation). It's just up to the creator of the presets to decided on whether to utilize the option or not. If you open the Variations Panel for the Sticker Spray (the options can be found on the Settings Panel, when the Sticker Spray is selected), you'll see the controls for the "Pen Tilt" along the top of the chart.

Jesmcalli
07-11-2014, 03:20 AM
The Sticker Spray does support the Pen Tilt (as well as Rotation). It's just up to the creator of the presets to decided on whether to utilize the option or not. If you open the Variations Panel for the Sticker Spray (the options can be found on the Settings Panel, when the Sticker Spray is selected), you'll see the controls for the "Pen Tilt" along the top of the chart.

I see, thanks. So we can tweak the settings ourselves?

Someonesane
07-11-2014, 03:48 AM
I see, thanks. So we can tweak the settings ourselves?

If you're using ArtRage Studio Pro or ArtRage 4, you can. Here's where you should be looking:

(EDIT) - Also note that all of the marks in the screen shot below were made with the single preset I'm showing in the variations panel. You can see that the only dial I have set for "Pressure" is the "Alpha", which means the amount of pressure I'm putting on the tool only changes the opacity of the mark, and doesn't do anything to change the scale or width of the mark. The variances of width you see happening all come from the either the tilt of my pen or the direction I'm pointing it in at the time of creating the mark.

Jesmcalli
07-11-2014, 04:04 AM
If you're using ArtRage Studio Pro or ArtRage 4, you can. Here's where you should be looking:

(EDIT) - Also note that all of the marks in the screen shot below were made with the single preset I'm showing in the variations panel. You can see that the only dial I have set for "Pressure" is the "Alpha", which means the amount of pressure I'm putting on the tool only changes the opacity of the mark, and doesn't do anything to change the scale or width of the mark. The variances of width you see happening all come from the either the tilt of my pen or the direction I'm pointing it in at the time of creating the mark.

Outstanding, thanks.

D Akey
07-11-2014, 04:11 AM
SomeoneSane is amazing with the depth of his ArtRage knowledge. And so helpful as well. I learn a lot just following other people's questions being answered.

Thanks SOS!

Someonesane
07-11-2014, 04:58 AM
Outstanding, thanks.

SomeoneSane is amazing with the depth of his ArtRage knowledge. And so helpful as well. I learn a lot just following other people's questions being answered.

Thanks SOS!

No problem :cool: