PDA

View Full Version : Super Cell - drama in the sky

gxhpainter2
07-06-2014, 05:30 AM
I was so impressed with some recent internet photos of super cell rain storms going on here in the Midwest and Minnesota, so dramatic and devastating at the same time, I tried to translate that into this image.. hope you like it... and keep dry !:cool:

AndreaMG
07-06-2014, 06:49 AM
Better take cover :cool: Pretty darn good by the way ;)

stevemawmv
07-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Good afternoon Gary...
You've captured the dark foreboding beauty within its blue deluge...
Have a good weekend,
Steve

Images:https://www.google.com/search?q=supercell+storm&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=dku4U9_mDcKHyATq-oKgAw&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1350&bih=723#hl=en&q=supercell+rain+storms&tbm=isch

gxhpainter2
07-06-2014, 07:50 AM
Better take cover :cool: Pretty darn good by the way ;) thanks AndreaMG, this type of weather phenomenon is so dramatic... glad you like this interpretation..

Good afternoon Gary...
You've captured the dark foreboding beauty within its blue deluge...
Have a good weekend,
Steve

Images:https://www.google.com/search?q=supercell+storm&hl=en&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=dku4U9_mDcKHyATq-oKgAw&ved=0CCkQsAQ&biw=1350&bih=723#hl=en&q=supercell+rain+storms&tbm=isch great link and thanks ..glad you like this..

D Akey
07-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Very Diebenkorn compositionally speaking. And it's a lulu. Really super painting, but I tend to like this kind of bold, clearer composition and simpler color. It feels a little more masterful -- and I'm saying nothing negative about other directions. But this just happens to be something that speaks of a clearer, masterful intention. Great job!

Caesar
07-07-2014, 07:39 PM
This supercell is awfully active, almost organic and is possibly going to phagocytize (engulf) our planet!:eek: EEEHHHHKKKKK:cool: Great blues and painting!

SCP
07-07-2014, 07:54 PM
Really like the way you painted this image,great combo's of hues and shapes.Very fitting to your tittle,once again great work Gary !:cool::D

Alexandra
07-08-2014, 12:11 AM
Now Gary, that is a a scary scene for sure....makes me want to take cover as Robyn said.
Such a rich and beautiful palette, Gary. Wonderful work!

kenmo
07-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Loving the drama in the sky....:cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
07-08-2014, 03:05 AM
Very Diebenkorn compositionally speaking. And it's a lulu. Really super painting, but I tend to like this kind of bold, clearer composition and simpler color. It feels a little more masterful -- and I'm saying nothing negative about other directions. But this just happens to be something that speaks of a clearer, masterful intention. Great job!Thanks DAkey, I can see the parallel to Diebenkorn compositionally although I used a lot more surface texturing...I think your signature quote is most appropriate...some work is hard and sometimes it comes easily.. as this one did. but just the day prior I labored for several hours and got no where...

This supercell is awfully active, almost organic and is possibly going to phagocytize (engulf) our planet!:eek: EEEHHHHKKKKK:cool: Great blues and painting!Caesar have no fear as the Silver Surfer will save us!...

Really like the way you painted this image,great combo's of hues and shapes.Very fitting to your tittle,once again great work Gary !:cool::DThanks Scott, I used the little highlighting effects to this after watching some of your videos and seeing how you put them into your work.. I think it works well in this one..

Now Gary, that is a a scary scene for sure....makes me want to take cover as Robyn said.
Such a rich and beautiful palette, Gary. Wonderful work! thanks Alexandra you are in the area where you need to take cover occasionally.. :cool::):)

Loving the drama in the sky....:cool::cool::cool: thanks Kenmo...glad you dropped by to comment. :):)