PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo forest me too ...(one overnight version added on second page)

Caesar
07-03-2014, 03:19 AM
I was inspired by Tonyjazz here and made an experiment by setting up a custom canvas on which I used loosely with the mouse most of the tools, all on the same layer, following intuition on where to place which colors.
Subsequently I duplicated and slightly transformed the upper layer and used some blending mode.
Here's the basic layer I got and some two layers variants ... up to You to say what You prefer (if any)

kenmo
07-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Very nice indeed...:cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
07-03-2014, 03:47 AM
Caesar, very interesting work here. All of them suggest a variety of environments , or times of year. the 3rd one down seems most like a sunlit forest to me, But I like them all, rich colors and textures, your creative bent here produced so fine results!...:cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
07-03-2014, 04:26 AM
Dear Kenmo, it's unbelievable what can be creatively done with Artrage by using appropriately combinations of the features the software has got. In very little time You may wildly set up interesting painting and have a lot of fun. Thank You.

Thank You, dear Gary. As You know my abstracts usually end up to be evocative of some sort of visual experience we all make or recall something undefined, but still real in our mind. I made a couple of new interesting experiences on textures and pattern, but I wonder now if I will ever be able to even only emulate the style of Your abstract masterpieces (I'm doubtful thereabout), certainly not their art.

AndreaMG
07-03-2014, 08:49 AM
Looks so natural. Bravo! Reminds me of the movie "House of Flying Daggers"

byroncallas
07-03-2014, 02:53 PM
Wonderful Caesar. Monitors vary so much who knows for sure what subtleties different people see. But on my calibrated monitor I've a strong leaning to #3 - it's more balanced and bright for me in a way that lets my eyes wonder more around the canvas. It makes me linger longer and contemplate. I love it. Beautiful. Meanwhile, #2 has wonderful dimensionality, especially if you stare at it for a long time. It plays with your eyes a lot. Very cool. If you think of all four as introspections on a theme at different times of the day, they somehow suddenly take on a quality of a Monet study. The more I look, the more wonderful they become. They surprise with visual discoveries the more you be with them. Very fine.

stevemawmv
07-03-2014, 03:40 PM
Dear Caesar, Upon viewing your set of painting I have been transported into them and now I' am sitting quitely and contemplating beauty of this forest and joyfully being emersed in slowing changing lighting and shadows as the day lingers on....Forest..Jungle..Forest..Jungle, 'Ohhhh crap!...this may be a Jungle and I forgot about "Never Get Off The Boat"....Love them all, brilliantly done!
Thanks to Tony for giving the inspiration for this Bamboo set, very well done considerations of this theme from the both of you....
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
07-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Maybe our mental patterns aren't alien at all to natural ones, dear Andrea: fractals and all the rest of what we see around in the nature work on chaotic order ... Thank God, our mind requires a very little support to create or see entire new worlds. Maybe a glimpse of the Allmighty heritage we're gifted with. Thank you! POST SCRIPTUM: I have some difficulty with the subtitle of Your poster, ma va bin pareil ...LOL:o:p;)

Thank You for Your insighful analysis and Your sharp sensitivity, dear Byron. I can see and agree with what you say and experienced the same feelings on #2 and #3. Sometimes (and often, in my case, where skills and artistic talent are limited) getting wild is the best start for eventually compose and re-compose an enjoyable outcome ...

Dear Steve, I hope You've got a huge TV screen at home where You may have a virtual picnic in this colorful forest while the time of the day changes going from one to another version. I'm absolutely delighted if it would give You pleasure also considering the hard times You went through recently, dear friend.Thank You!

Alexandra
07-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Gorgeous abstracts, Cesare! All of them. I would love to see these on canvas.

Tonyjazz
07-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Very pleasing feel on these abstract forest scenes, I like them all. Artrage has endless roads to search artistically. Just happy to be a voyager on these roads................

Caesar
07-04-2014, 08:04 PM
That's an idea, dear Sandra! I will look if anyone is interested. I have no more room on my house walls alas .... Obviously feel free to take them from a print on canvas if You like and fits Your furniture, dear friend. No copyrights limit on this for You. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Tony, also for inspiring me this with Your idea. Enjoy your trips in ArtRage!

Look at the difference of mood and feelings and sensations by just adding another layer gradient filled and blended with tint mode. Isn't it marvellous to change to a dreamy, magical fairy forest in the moonlight? That would make dyptic or triptic in case for Your poster, dear Sandra ...;)

Bertrude
07-04-2014, 10:17 PM
Lovely exploration of textures. I like how the daytime variants each reflect the subtle changes of light.

Belvrog
07-05-2014, 12:57 AM
I am voting for that last one. As it's mood is the most intense of em all. Very beautiful abstract!!!

pat1940
07-05-2014, 08:25 AM
Caesar, so interesting, the 3rd and 4th are my favorites but great job on all of them, I like the 3rd because of the light colors(happy) and like the 4th because the beautiful contrast of colors

D Akey
07-05-2014, 09:59 AM
Nice variations. Feels very artistic and hand done.

AndreaMG
07-06-2014, 08:01 AM
The second version is lovely to Dear Caesar, but bamboo forest might be pretty dangerous at night... I mean, with all those bamboos you better watch your steps :o Ciau ne

stevemawmv
07-06-2014, 08:50 AM
Bamboo in the moonlight....Well, its really starting to look like I am going to be spending the night in this 'Bamboo Forest'....
One consolation is that....if I'am stuck here, it is quite beautiful and serene...until I catch a glimse of a set of eyes staring
back at me.....Any tigers in this forest?
Enjoying this set of paintings.....
Steve

Caesar
07-07-2014, 09:14 PM
Thank You, dear Bertrude! I believe Monet would have had a easier life with Artrage!;)

I agree. That's where it might be easier to meet and enchanting Elvess, dear Belvrog! Thank You!

Thank you, dear Pat! Right choice of lively environments, but what about the fifth one if someone plays a moonlight serenade for You? LOL;)

Actually it was substantially hand done, dear D Akey, although exploiting also sheet textures and layer blending modes to give more varied shapes to brushwork and some depth. Thank you!

Thank You, dear Andrea! The forest at night could be usefully rented for one of Your naked sabbath ...;):oLOL

Don't worry, dear Steve. You may peacefully and freshly rest in this forest. No predator stalking there, just lovely temptress fairies offering You boosting blue pills in the blue among the bamboo. ;):o:)Thank you!

pai
07-08-2014, 07:00 AM
Oh, Andrea, I love that movie you posted, "House of Flying Daggers", especially the dancing part, it's beautiful. Yes, now Caesar's experiment seems so matches the scene in that bushes fighting. Beautiful and dreamy so as that color palette. Really great experiment, Caesar. Can you do more? :p:rolleyes::D

Caesar
07-08-2014, 09:28 PM
Thank You, dear Pai! I can certainly mess around with the various tools and get some sort of impressionistic outcome descriptive of some reality, but I cannot grant I may always get a good or intriguing enough outcome. I've got my magical formulae and spells to evoke happy accidents, but, like with ghosts and spirits, You cannot be sure they would obediently come to fit or what kind of artistic ectoplasm You actually get ...:o;)

coops
07-08-2014, 10:06 PM
Beautiful colours Cesare:)

Caesar
07-09-2014, 02:25 AM
... more or less similar to the one You painted several years ago, dear Katie and behind which there appeared to be a lady's silhouette and a foot with one of Your nice shoes that peeped out of the wood become curtains .... LOL;) :o Hope You recall it. :D Thank You!

SCP
07-09-2014, 10:37 AM
Like your added blue offering,makes for a very nice set.;):)

Caesar
07-09-2014, 08:41 PM
It's a little more refreshing, I guess, dear Scott. Maybe a good relief for Alexandra who I understand is standing a terrible summer weather in Georgia (too hot or rather stormy?:rolleyes: here too weather is more crazy than usual). Thank You!

kenmo
07-10-2014, 07:07 AM
Wow the gradient fill certainly changes the mood of the painting....Nice stuff...:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
07-10-2014, 10:01 PM
Thank You, dear Kenmo! I think that some glazing experiment on Your wonderful 3D scenes, may change lighting and mood dramatically too ...

kenmo
07-11-2014, 01:45 AM
A great suggestion....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

coops
07-11-2014, 01:50 AM
Yes I remember that painting Cesare:)

Caesar
07-12-2014, 01:18 AM
I'll be eager to see the outcomes, dear Kenmo!

That was before You started Your charming Japanese ladies paintings, dear Katie, where with elegant and teasing poses You enchant the observer.

gxhpainter2
07-12-2014, 03:48 AM
dear Caesar ... you have entered your "Blue Period" I see, a wonderful sense of moonlight, with all its magic and mystery... keep exploring as we are all the happy recipients of your work....:):):cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
07-12-2014, 04:27 AM
Thank You, dear Gary! The world is more magic and mysterious in blue, even somehow refreshing, so why not enjoy this color You use with an extraordinary mastery? I'll see what I can do to go on looking for some somehow ever surprising outcome.

pat1940
07-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Caesar, the fifth one must have come up after I left the site, really love the blues and I pictured it with the serenade lol, great job on all of them