PDA

View Full Version : Another more classical excercise and a starting WIP from a picture of Lucien Freud

Caesar
07-01-2014, 04:52 AM
Oil/ acrylics panting tool ...

stevemawmv
07-01-2014, 05:35 AM
Hello Caesar... Classical excercise with a emotional tug, I like both of the 'kid portraits', both different but both evoking emotion upon viewing them....
Now as for Lucien....must be a family trait, a emphasis on psychological situations in almost all of his paintings, asking the viewer to possibly analyze the subject matter or the artist himself...It's looking great so far, looking forward to your completion of it.
Take care friend,
Steve

damasocl
07-01-2014, 06:04 AM
Great exercises!!!!
I like very much your brush strokes in this works!

SCP
07-01-2014, 08:01 AM
Amazing works Master Caesar ,your classics look Classic ! !Looking forward to the finished results.:cool:;)

gxhpainter2
07-01-2014, 10:00 AM
wow a what treat to see you painting these portraits, I found that by looking at them in a separate window and enlarging them the subtle colorations and brushstrokes really stand out and are very impressive my friend!....

byroncallas
07-01-2014, 11:54 AM
Holy cow Caesar. These are good.

copespeak
07-01-2014, 02:06 PM
A beautiful child painting Caesar, and Lucien is looking good too. :cool:

Caesar
07-01-2014, 07:21 PM
Dear Steve, Lucien Freud centred all his art on human bodies (and their short-haired, almost naked, slender dog mates in several cases) and certainly not in their idyllic vision, rather with all their weight, wrinkles, pains. Nonetheless a human being keeps its dignity and remains noble in his paintings, also in its decadence and he did paint himself all over his life without any concession to vanity or to some fake pose or look. I would like to try to find how to simulate also his brushstrokes style on this later on. As for the kid in two completely diffrent versions, it was a commitment I willingly took and enjoyed. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Damaso. I still have to improve very much on brushstrokes and materic painting with ArtRage, I feel.

After Your wonderful videos, dear Scott, I had the impelling impulse to add to them some more eyes and a few bigget teeth and fangs ... LOL;)

Thank you, dear Gary! I don't plan and don't prepare a palette. I guess on each next brushstroke color, setting, headshape and direction to get what I look for. Not the most effective way, but an attempt to verify how much natural and confident talent I have or have grown and to get some surprise during the effort, since it's far from any mechanical procedure. It doesn't work as i wish in many cases, so I'm glad You like it.

By a master of gorgeous paintings like You, dear Byron, this is a really valuable compliment indeed. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Robyn! I'm pretty sure that if Lucien Freud had seen Your canine artpieces, he would have assigned to You the task to paint the dongs on his masterpieces ...;):o

Caesar
07-02-2014, 12:50 AM
I made also a little experiment with layer texture blending to approach Freud's materic painting. I used tubes, thick oil, chalk and knife, hard, soft and wet and even watercolor (low load) and airbrush. I think glitter would fit too (always with wet knife probably). There's apparently quite a wide range of texture effects we may get, once You list them and plan what You like to get and is feasible. Have a look. (enlarge the image in case)

Alexandra
07-02-2014, 06:41 AM
You are so talented, Cesare. It is wonderful to view your work again. The little boy is adorable.
BTW, thank you always for your warm welcomes. I have enjoyed this summer, and doing a lot of
reading and organizing. The outside will have to wait until the fall and cooler weather.
I hope you and your clan are all well and enjoying the summer also.

AndreaMG
07-02-2014, 06:57 AM
I used tubes, thick oil, chalk and knife, hard, soft and wet and even watercolor (low load) and airbrush. I think glitter would fit too

Haha Dear Caesar that's the way to go. I like this sentence so much, it's so funny (it will go under my signature together with D's ones). But you're quite right I never used glitter until recently and now I like the effect very much. As for the paintings I don't know that artist but they do look very good especially the little kid since the other one is a WIP. Regards to you and your trusty mouse too ;)

Caesar
07-02-2014, 08:30 PM
Thank you very much, dear Sandra. My clan proceeds well, only the old guys (my wife's parents and my dad) aren't in the best of their health, but they keep going with some help and care from us each now and then. I hope the same applies to Your family, Your wonderful daughter and endearing son. BTW I'll have to ask 80+ permission to develop a specific kilt design for my clan, as for the pipes no problem, the sheperds on my birth region mountains already play them since ancient times ....;)

No better sentence to express the loose freedom and committed effort to achieve the final result than to confess (painting for fun and being an amateur after all) to use anything and shoot with any weapon to get the aim, dear Andrea. As for Lucien Freud, a relative of Sigmund, he's one of the top contemporary (mostly second half of the XX century) artists and probably the best one, with Francis Bacon, to resume human body and figure painting, in a quite new and original style and meaning, within the latest avant-garde movements. There's classicity as well as expressionism in his painting and even more that I can track and trace and an extraordinary mastery in his style. Have a look ... https://www.google.it/search?q=Lucian+Freud+paintings&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=tL-zU4ihCovK0AXixYHwBg&ved=0CCIQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=899#q=Lucian+Freud+dipinti&tbm=isch
Here's also the only copy I made of his artworks.

kenmo
07-03-2014, 02:46 AM
Awesome work!!! :):):):):):):):)

Caesar
07-03-2014, 02:54 AM
Thank You, dear Kenmo! Herebelow another experiment on Freud while painting sketch to "texturize" it ...

AndreaMG
07-03-2014, 07:56 AM
Mmmmmmm, not like his paintings very much, but sure they are powerful, I give him that, but kinda disturbing too. His paintings look grotesque to me (which is not necessarily a bad thing just not my cup of tea). Av wouldn't look so beautiful painted by him I guess :p Your take I must say is quite faithful though Ciau ne

Belvrog
07-03-2014, 09:33 AM
So cute that painting of your nephew. Love it!

SCP
07-03-2014, 02:43 PM
Nice updates mate !!! Bravo ! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
07-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Dear Andrea, contemporary art has generally no more relationship with aesthetics or sublime, nonetheless Freud's got the synthetic talent and style of a new Velasquez in Expressionist disguise, in my opinion. His style may be used also to paint beauty though, I think, even a re-interpretation of a most elegant Bouguereau painting like the one with the sathyr teased by nymphs ... The only problem is to be good enough to emulate his style and talent (hardly his art). Anyway my last effort was just a texture effort to explore a little further the incredible potential of Artrage for thicker and grainy brushworks ...

Not my nephew, dear Belvrog, just of one of my friends whom I didn't see personally, alas, but he said her sister appreciated it so far. Than You!

Thank you, dear Scott! I would believe some of these last textures woul look great applied/ blended to one of Your monster's skins, dear friend!

Steve.K.Zian
07-20-2014, 10:30 AM
I hope it sounds (as a freshman) not pretentious: masterly Performance!

SCP
07-20-2014, 11:21 AM
Thank you, dear Scott! I would believe some of these last textures woul look great applied/ blended to one of Your monster's skins, dear friend!

Yes I think your right dear Caesar! ;)