PDA

View Full Version : Noir

Belvrog
06-30-2014, 11:03 AM
Hey everyone. Long time since my last post. Hope you're all fine. Missed being here. Wanted to get myself back to painting, so I started with a portrait, fictional, no ref, not really a story that goes with it, so...just painting....but I went for a a certain style I had in mind. I forced myself to stop here and call it done. Played around with its framing and somehow liked a crop I tested very much and as I couldn't really decide which I like more I am posting both. Hope you like em. What do you think of it?

SCP
06-30-2014, 08:31 PM
Great to see you again mate !!:D:D Very nice painting Belvrog !:cool:;)

Valfay
06-30-2014, 10:21 PM
I really love the close up! Beautiful.

Caesar
06-30-2014, 10:27 PM
Hi, dear Belvrog! Great to have You back! :D Now You have to work hard to recover the time lapse when we were deprived of your mastery:(. I wonder what's the drama behind this nice lady you painted so intensely ...:rolleyes:

gxhpainter2
07-01-2014, 03:24 AM
Belvrog, so good to see your great painting again, it must feel good to have the mental space to allow your creative side to come out to play... love the close crop as it shows off the beautiful brush work and colors it think and puts the viewer into a very intimate space with the painting...:cool::cool:

kenmo
07-01-2014, 03:28 AM
Awesome painting.....:cool::cool::cool:

D Akey
07-02-2014, 05:36 AM
Definitely very 'graphic novel'!

I like the colors and values a lot. Good image for expressing the gritty Noir genre.

Good one. More please!

Alexandra
07-02-2014, 07:30 AM
OOOOooo, there is a story with this fine painting Belv, and it is so nice to see your great work again dear man.

AndreaMG
07-02-2014, 08:20 AM
Welcome back. I certainly like it :D. Waiting for more. Regards

Belvrog
07-03-2014, 01:08 PM
Great to see you again mate !!:D:D Very nice painting Belvrog !:cool:;)

Thanks Scott for that mate. Yep missed being here too!

I really love the close up! Beautiful.

Thank you Valfay !!!:)

Hi, dear Belvrog! Great to have You back! :D Now You have to work hard to recover the time lapse when we were deprived of your mastery:(. I wonder what's the drama behind this nice lady you painted so intensely ...:rolleyes:

Hi Caesar thanks man... :o:o:o:o:o:o:o, I'll see what i can do... i guess mastery will be the hardest aspect...thanks much for you nice comment. Flattered by your kind words and really happy to see you again too!!!

Belvrog, so good to see your great painting again, it must feel good to have the mental space to allow your creative side to come out to play... love the close crop as it shows off the beautiful brush work and colors it think and puts the viewer into a very intimate space with the painting...:cool::cool:

Hi Gary, yes indeed. Yes it's so much fun again! Thanks for you words. I am also more an more tending to prefer the crop.

Awesome painting.....:cool::cool::cool:

Hi Ken, thanks for checking it out!!!

Definitely very 'graphic novel'!

I like the colors and values a lot. Good image for expressing the gritty Noir genre.

Good one. More please!

Hi D Thanks alot. There will definitely be more soon. :)

OOOOooo, there is a story with this fine painting Belv, and it is so nice to see your great work again dear man.

Hi Sandra, thanks so much dear friend! So happy to be back too.

Welcome back. I certainly like it :D. Waiting for more. Regards

Hey Andrea. Thanks much for checking it out. Pleased you like it!

stevemawmv
07-03-2014, 01:48 PM
Hello Belvrog....Really like this, I' am very partial to portraits of beautiful woman and this definitely is one.
Also like the crop version as well.....Beautifully done !
Take care,
Steve

byroncallas
07-03-2014, 03:14 PM
Wonderful Belvrog. Wonderful brushwork, terrific ambiance.
For what it's worth, cropped I get Noir. Without the crop, I get Mystery. Go figure.
Regardless, I love it. :)

eighty+
07-03-2014, 03:25 PM
see Belvrog I was Right You are the monster Man :D:D but these Monster's I like ok is it ok to copy her yea or Nae

Tonyjazz
07-04-2014, 01:51 PM
Bravo on this one. I rather enjoy the uncropped version as it lends to a more mysterious side.

Belvrog
07-05-2014, 01:06 AM
Hello Belvrog....Really like this, I' am very partial to portraits of beautiful woman and this definitely is one.
Also like the crop version as well.....Beautifully done !
Take care,
Steve

Hi Steve, me too. Thanks kindly!

Wonderful Belvrog. Wonderful brushwork, terrific ambiance.
For what it's worth, cropped I get Noir. Without the crop, I get Mystery. Go figure.
Regardless, I love it. :)

Hy Byron, yep the crop is shifting the experience here ,it's the same to me. Thanks much mate.

see Belvrog I was Right You are the monster Man :D:D but these Monster's I like ok is it ok to copy her yea or Nae

Thanks eighty..wasn't aware of that title..:o:o:D:D...glad you didn't find it too scary! ;) ...ok...sure i'd like to see your interpretation...so rights granted...er.... Yea! SLAINTE!

Bravo on this one. I rather enjoy the uncropped version as it lends to a more mysterious side.

Hi Tony. Thanks much for dropping in and your kind approval.

pat1940
07-05-2014, 08:18 AM
Belvrog, you do make it tough lol, like both but love the closeup, great job

pai
07-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Beautiful character creatrion and very expressive in her expression. I like it a lot. Great stuff :)

Belvrog
07-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Belvrog, you do make it tough lol, like both but love the closeup, great job

;):D:D Thanks much for that Pat!!

Beautiful character creatrion and very expressive in her expression. I like it a lot. Great stuff :)

Hi Pai, thank you very much. :o

coops
07-08-2014, 10:16 PM
Fantastic work, well done:)

Belvrog
07-13-2014, 01:42 AM
Thank you very much Katie!!