PDA

View Full Version : Four Seasons of Colorizing Women

Alexandra
06-27-2014, 12:43 AM
"An Autumn Woman"
I hope everybody is doing okay and has been enjoying this summer.:)

(I originally named her "my spirit" because I had originally painted her in my winter color palette, but later changed her into an autumn for a birthday card for a member of my family.)

(I will add each season of character as I finish them.)

D Akey
06-27-2014, 03:19 AM
A super classic look with a little bit of Muscha's era as well. Really terrific effect. You should be very pleased with how this one came out. It all holds together very well. Excellent!

gxhpainter2
06-27-2014, 04:09 AM
Sandy.... WOW.... this is so cool, love the colors and the posing of the figure. beautiful colors..

Caesar
06-27-2014, 09:52 PM
It is an absolutely wonderful, artful and decorative image. Excellent execution and I also tend to see a likeness with You in most of Your artpieces, here in particular, but that's also probably due to my admiration for You as an artist and a friend :). BRW, I had the same idea than D Akey (Alphonse Mucha), so I hope You will go on with all the seasons.:cool:

copespeak
06-28-2014, 12:01 AM
Very Mucha indeed and such wonderful colours!

byroncallas
06-28-2014, 01:14 PM
Nice one, and yes on those colors. Rich.

pat1940
06-29-2014, 12:46 AM
Hi Sandy, what a classic lady, done to perfection, from a great lady herself

AndreaMG
06-29-2014, 06:31 AM
Looks fantastic, too bad the pic is so small...

Alexandra
06-30-2014, 06:38 AM
D Akey, Gary, Cesare, Robyn, Byron, Pat, and Andrea: Thanks so much for your kind comments dear friends. xx

Belvrog
06-30-2014, 12:13 PM
Wow, you're getting better each time. Wonderful style and colors. Very beautiful,

SCP
06-30-2014, 09:22 PM
Bravo Sandy ! Great style going on here,well done!:cool::cool:;)

Alexandra
07-02-2014, 06:21 AM
Thank you Belvrog, and again I am so happy for you. Please keep us posted on your little champ.:D

Thank you Scott, BTW, I love the scary green face and big eyeball. Too cool.:cool:

Alexandra
07-02-2014, 09:52 AM
The second in a series of colorizing a person.
Remember Color Me Beautiful of the eighties?
Here is a winter person.
(I had to play hair again...too much fun:o:p)

Caesar
07-02-2014, 08:53 PM
She represents winter season, but she isn't seasoned (old) at all, dear Sandra! LOL:o;)
She's charming and marvellously ornated on her skin too by snowflakes and her hair are at least as spectacular as Robyn's Borzoi dogs!
Finally, once more, I kinda see You disguised under this character too since there's always some vague likeness and I think that, especially in Your case, as a most sensible artist You also like to act and to play the demure protagonist of all Your visual fantasies and dreams eventually becoming artpieces by means of Your talents! Keep them going! Congrats, dear friend. Well, I hope You will follow with months too after the seasons are completed ...;) :)

kenmo
07-03-2014, 12:39 AM
Very beautiful....

Belvrog
07-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Better update your threadtitle. I nearly missed your great Winter Woman. Love it. Very well done. Nifty how you made her dress transform into these organic shapes and made her hair and skin echoing that...really cool and very beautiful!! :cool:

Alexandra
07-04-2014, 06:53 AM
Cesare, you are a dear. Thank you dear friend.xx

Thank you Kenmo, always a pleasure to see you. Hope you are enjoying this summer.

Hey Belvrog, I did, and thank you! You are right, I want to make a spring and summer as well.
It is so fun to work with the palettes of "color me beautiful" by Carol Jackson.
I resisted the science of colorizing a person for so long, but now I am a firm believer.
I know... you are falling asleep now-haha. Take care newbie Daddy.

gxhpainter2
07-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Alexandra , you have such a talent for elegant and ornate decorative works, richly colored and details like jewels... breathtaking really.... can't wait to see the next two... what a print series this would make!.:cool::):)

copespeak
07-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Alexandra, she is sooooo beautiful! I think it's the best work you have done, and all your others are gorgeous as well. :cool:

stevemawmv
07-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Hi Sandy....
'Mucho Mucha'...But with your own touch and style, beautiful summer starter....and you nailed the Eighties in your Winter person, 'look at that hair....
Have a great Summer,
Steve

SCP
07-04-2014, 09:19 AM
A wonderful addition ! The hair looks great and love the whole concept,well painted Sandy !:cool::):):)

Tonyjazz
07-04-2014, 01:04 PM
Wow, this is wonderful artwork. Passion, color, movement and very cool hair. Bravo

pat1940
07-05-2014, 07:43 AM
Sandy, love your series on these ladies and it certainly looks like you are having fun, love her hair, great job

D Akey
07-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Beautiful. Really created a very satisfying plateau and style for you to proceed with to (more) great things. Really loving your latest offerings. I particularly like the sense of design you bring to it.

hcwswdj
07-07-2014, 03:33 PM
good job~ and painting size maybe bigger for view.

Alexandra
07-07-2014, 11:55 PM
Gary, Robyn, Steve, Scott, and Tony: Thank you dear friends for such wonderful comments, I really appreciate them.
I had a lot of fun with this one, and will upload a spring woman soon.

Hi Pat and D Akey, Thank you! You know, the first one, I had originally done in winter colors like myself.
Dark hair, eyes, fair complexion, but my sister in law, an autumn, red hair, hazel eyes, peachy complexion,
loved it so I made it in her colors as a birthday card for her.

Hcwswdj, Thanks for checking it out and your kind comment! I will upload a larger file for the first one, don't know what went wrong there.:p

Syl49
07-08-2014, 05:22 AM
Hi Sandra! Long time no see (Sillybilly60/Sylvia)! You're artwork is beautiful as always! :D

pai
07-08-2014, 05:38 AM
Again, Sandy, you always have surprises every time you post a painting. Love that "ladywinter" a lot. Great pose design, color and expression. Simply great art work ! :) Go ! go ! go ! :D

Belvrog
07-08-2014, 10:12 AM
Hey Belvrog, I did, and thank you! You are right, I want to make a spring and summer as well.
It is so fun to work with the palettes of "color me beautiful" by Carol Jackson.
I resisted the science of colorizing a person for so long, but now I am a firm believer.
I know... you are falling asleep now-haha. Take care newbie Daddy.

Great idea to make a series of them. Looking forward seeing the next ones..you're doing great colorizing them. Love the palettes you've used here, so these are taken from the book? And yes you're right.....hahaha... I'm running out of energy quite fast these days. I think its his plan to make us tired to have some free time in the evening when we're already sleeping. :eek:

coops
07-08-2014, 09:23 PM
Love your latest painting Sandy, it would make a beautiful card.:)

Alexandra
07-09-2014, 04:31 AM
Hi Sylvia, it is so good to see you! Welcome back! Thanks so much dear lady.

It was really fun Pai. Thanks so much! I can't help but think of your colors some times when I paint.
I think to myself, these are Pai's colors, they are also a universal complimentary color combo as well!
Isn't it amusing to think of what we associate with each other?
I have always been drawn to contrasting and bold colors, and I am a winter. Now I know why I
have painted with so many blacks, whites, reds or intense colors.
My daughter is drawn to pastels, and she is a spring. I am fascinated by this science really.

Hi Belvrog, I was inspired really by the eighties book Color Me Beautiful.
I will spare you the long story and details, but let me just say that it is fun now buying
clothes and choosing gifts for my sisters.
In reference to the new member of your family, hang in there, Dad.;) I am sure you get this all the time.
Like we are all pros, and veterans of the parenthood wars. haha.
My kids when they were babies would not sleep that much.
I remember thinking, if I could just get four hours, then later, I adapted.
Oh my gosh, I am sure we all could flood you with stories.
I am smiling as I think of my daughter and son when they were babies.
Now, one is twenty three, and one sixteen.
Where does the time go...:( Cherish each and every moment dear man! xo

Hey Katie, Thanks! How are you enjoying your garden this summer? We need rain, I have lost a beautiful gardenia, and I am heartbroken. I moved it-not too smart to do in this brutal Georgia summer weather.

Alexandra
07-10-2014, 12:11 PM
Lady Spring.... another Mucha inspired piece for the lady springs out there.

D Akey
07-10-2014, 01:30 PM
You are really in the zone, Alexandra! Whatever you discovered, it really put you in touch with bringing your wistful imaginings into a very visible and decorative and form. All of these ladies are quite gorgeous, but slightly out of reach of mere mortals. This one seems to have a far away look in her eye, as if that which is far off mesmerizes her.

Fascinating and beautiful creations. Go Alexandra Go!!!!!!

Caesar
07-10-2014, 07:53 PM
WOW! :cool: Look at those leaves!:eek: You must have discovered some alchemic principle and turned each art effort of Yours into gold!

coops
07-11-2014, 12:53 AM
Anothere beautiful painting Sandy, so magical:)

stevemawmv
07-11-2014, 06:14 AM
Very beautiful Sandy.....
Lady Spring may have to get out her garden clippers again.....and trim those vines back, Fantastic work, love those lips!
Take care,
Steve

AndreaMG
07-11-2014, 07:44 AM
Terrific set :cool:

gxhpainter2
07-12-2014, 05:00 AM
Alexandra, wow you are really at an artistic high peak right now, maybe that hot Georgia sun has burned away everything except the hot core of creative inspiration and talent... these are an impressive set , I love the blue of her eyes...

pat1940
07-12-2014, 11:34 AM
Sandy, what a beautiful job, really enjoy this thread, going to have to make up more seasons lol

Alexandra
07-12-2014, 11:54 AM
Dear D Akey, thank you for such a beautiful comment. Always appreciated dear friend.

Haha Cesare, I am spoiled by the digital options in our software! I can unleash my imagination anytime. Thanks dear man!

Thank you Katie! I bet you are a spring too.

Hey Steve, thanks so much. I used my daughter along with a little celtic inspiration on this one.

Thanks so much Andrea, they have been fun to make.:)

Hey Gary, thank you so much dear friend. I can't wait to work on the next season so that I can try my hand on some abstract things. I love your work so much, and can't help but be inspired by it.

I have one more for this thread Pat, lady summer. I will be sure and put them together in the end as well. I've had a lot of fun with these. Thanks dear friend, and get well.xx

Alexandra
07-13-2014, 05:52 PM
I had a lot of the summer colors originally in the background, but took them out. I like the simple palette with this one better. I hope you like my Lady Summer.

gxhpainter2
07-14-2014, 02:23 AM
I LOVE IT!... wow Alexandra Summer is a stunning image with her hair making the deep shadows on a hot day. I like the background with it's dappled effect the simple colors work perfectly .... what a great series!..:):):)

Caesar
07-15-2014, 01:42 AM
This warm painting gives the pleasant feeling to stay and rest under the protective and scented shadow she casts in such a hot, sunny day ... waiting for the night, a night probably hot as well ... :o:)

AndreaMG
07-15-2014, 07:10 AM
Wow, wonderful new entry!

stevemawmv
07-15-2014, 07:38 AM
Warm summer it is....Fantastic image , can't help but sing... 'Boom shaka-laka-laka Boom shaka-laka-laka',
from 'I Want to Take You Higher' from Sly & the Family Stone....
Love it as well Sandy,
Steve

SCP
07-15-2014, 10:22 AM

I had a lot of the summer colors originally in the background, but took them out. I like the simple palette with this one better. I hope you like my Lady Summer.

Fantastic creative work on both Spring and Summer.Love the vines and hair and Lady Summer has a great warmth to her ,well done Sandy !:cool::cool::cool::):):)

Belvrog
07-15-2014, 11:30 AM
Hi Belvrog, I was inspired really by the eighties book Color Me Beautiful.
I will spare you the long story and details, but let me just say that it is fun now buying
clothes and choosing gifts for my sisters.
In reference to the new member of your family, hang in there, Dad.;) I am sure you get this all the time.
Like we are all pros, and veterans of the parenthood wars. haha.
My kids when they were babies would not sleep that much.
I remember thinking, if I could just get four hours, then later, I adapted.
Oh my gosh, I am sure we all could flood you with stories.
I am smiling as I think of my daughter and son when they were babies.
Now, one is twenty three, and one sixteen.
Where does the time go...:( Cherish each and every moment dear man! xo

Hahaha, good to know Sandy. So from now on I've noted you as an advisor in the parenthood wars....:D:D:D.
We have midges in here today even though all windows are protected with a mesh.Don't know how they managed to come in.I hope he won't get biten that much or that will be short night for me. :eek::eek::eek::eek:

These are super Sandy. Love how you did the hair of your lady summer. Wonderful colors and style. All four paintings are very well done... the only complaint i have is there are just 4 seasons regularly and I have the dim feeling that this has already been the last one????

Alexandra
07-17-2014, 05:12 AM
Gary, Cesare, Andrea, Steve, Scott, and Belvrog, thank you dear gentlemen for your kind replies. I sincerely appreciate them all.

pat1940
07-18-2014, 09:09 AM
Sandy, love this entry, what a wonderful series you have done, great and exciting work, and thanks for the well wishes dear friend

Alexandra
07-18-2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks Pat, and you know that you have a friend in me, and so many here at AR. Take care dear lady.

Caesar
07-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Now, what next? The Months of the Year too I hope ...:D