PDA

View Full Version : Disco Mantis

koalablue
06-26-2014, 05:20 PM
I found a photograph online of funny instects. This praying mantis was in the centre of the road. He looked like he was dancing..... so I painted him with oils in ArtRage 4 as such. Thanks for looking.

D Akey
06-27-2014, 03:46 AM
Hahaha. They are really interesting aren't they? They don't have an innate sense of fear and flighty self-preservation that we often see with insects. One landed on my car when I was pumping gas one night and it's seemed really strange that it was looking at me and we had an interesting conversation. Granted, I did most of the talking, but it was a trip.

Fun image!

AndreaMG
06-29-2014, 06:38 AM
Haha cool :cool:

Gms9810
07-01-2014, 11:32 AM
Hahaha. They are really interesting aren't they? They don't have an innate sense of fear and flighty self-preservation that we often see with insects. One landed on my car when I was pumping gas one night and it's seemed really strange that it was looking at me and we had an interesting conversation. Granted, I did most of the talking, but it was a trip.

Fun image!

I was working on a rooftop AC system once and a great big one landed about 20 feet from me. It was so big I could see the light reflecting in it's eyes. It turned it's head continuously, watching me. I think if I wasn't so ugly it would have tried to eat me.

byroncallas
07-01-2014, 11:53 AM
A delightful dancing fool. Wonderful.

D Akey
07-02-2014, 03:11 AM
I was working on a rooftop AC system once and a great big one landed about 20 feet from me. It was so big I could see the light reflecting in it's eyes. It turned it's head continuously, watching me. I think if I wasn't so ugly it would have tried to eat me.

I know. That was one of the more eye opening scenes in Jurassic Park. . . when that chubby, geeky villain was trying to escape with the thermos of dino-DNA in the jeep in the rain and one of the dinosaurs comes up to him and he tries to shoo it away like a pesky pet dog as if it would obey. Really makes a shift in consciousness about who's really the boss. Well, they both got their just desserts.

I look at preying mantises looking at me and I'm fascinated as if they would be fun. Your take is probably more realistic noting their track record with romance. . .

Alexandra
07-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Just tell this cute little dude not to fall in love, okay?:eek:
Haha, I love this.

kenmo
07-03-2014, 02:48 AM
A delightful fellow for sure....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Belvrog
07-03-2014, 10:12 AM
Just tell this cute little dude not to fall in love, okay?:eek:
Haha, I love this.

Hahahaha, good tip. Very funny painting............:D:D:D:D:D:D

coops
07-08-2014, 09:33 PM
This little chap is so cute, well done:)

koalablue
09-14-2014, 12:13 AM
Sorry for the late reply, but thanks guys. It was fun to do.