PDA

View Full Version : The Metolius at Black Butte

gxhpainter2
05-31-2014, 10:33 AM
a colorful interpretation of a river near me that springs directly out of a volcanic fissure and is a full blown crystal blue stream within a few hundred yards, it sits at the base of a steep volcanic mtn called Black Butte... it is a place of magic.

copespeak
05-31-2014, 11:04 AM
One of your best Gary! So much to look at. Love your turbulent water! :cool:

stevemawmv
05-31-2014, 12:08 PM
It's been years, but think I remember this being a beautiful region with the rivers and lakes...may be wrong, my memory sucks!
'Love your interpretation of such a beautiful inspiration'.....love the blues and the motion of river...beautifully interpreted Gary!
Take care friend,
Steve

williamK
05-31-2014, 01:18 PM
A nice interpretation of what I'm sure is a beautiful sight. Particularly like the water.

kenmo
05-31-2014, 01:19 PM
You are a genius when it comes to these types of images...always something fresh and intriguing...

D Akey
06-01-2014, 03:11 AM
What a trip! Looks like a set for a theatrical winter extravaganza. . . the home of the Snow Wizard who is all into tinkering with clockwork machinery. He is trying to keep the forces of nature at bey through his mechanization. The problem arises when the Snow Wizard orders out for a particular hot spicy and gassy meal and it freaks out the villagers below when they hear rumblings from with the bowels of the mountain. . . but enough about me after surgery. . .

No, this is a very cool painting and very constructional. I quite like it and think it's moving away from the purely 2D abstracts, which could be a very intriguing direction if it interests you to pursue it -- where you're creating the illusion of actual dimension on the canvas in ways that are more than just random. I think the 3D effect you got a few paintings ago was the first one in that way (though there may have been others, it's the first that comes to mind leading this way).

Very cool, Gary!

gxhpainter2
06-01-2014, 04:03 AM
One of your best Gary! So much to look at. Love your turbulent water! :cool:thanks Robyn, high praise from you! greatly appreciated :):)

It's been years, but think I remember this being a beautiful region with the rivers and lakes...may be wrong, my memory sucks!
'Love your interpretation of such a beautiful inspiration'.....love the blues and the motion of river...beautifully interpreted Gary!
Take care friend,
Steve thanks Steve you are lucky if you have been in Central Oregon at all, a very beautiful area with lots of rivers and lakes and big pine trees.

A nice interpretation of what I'm sure is a beautiful sight. Particularly like the water. thanks williamK, I think that turbulent water came out well in this piece.

You are a genius when it comes to these types of images...always something fresh and intriguing... thanks kenmo as you have seen a lot of my work over the years , that comment carries great weight with me... thank you :cool::cool::):)

What a trip! Looks like a set for a theatrical winter extravaganza. . . the home of the Snow Wizard who is all into tinkering with clockwork machinery. He is trying to keep the forces of nature at bey through his mechanization. The problem arises when the Snow Wizard orders out for a particular hot spicy and gassy meal and it freaks out the villagers below when they hear rumblings from with the bowels of the mountain. . . but enough about me after surgery. . .

No, this is a very cool painting and very constructional. I quite like it and think it's moving away from the purely 2D abstracts, which could be a very intriguing direction if it interests you to pursue it -- where you're creating the illusion of actual dimension on the canvas in ways that are more than just random. I think the 3D effect you got a few paintings ago was the first one in that way (though there may have been others, it's the first that comes to mind leading this way).

Very cool, Gary! DA boy you cracked me up with your comment, and yes I have started to build up more 3D abstracts ( via layers and dropshadows etc ) which give a shallow depth of field effect, not resorting to depth via perspective but depth via placement in a shallow space... just something that has grabbed my attention as of late.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
06-01-2014, 02:26 PM
Wow, Gary, what an attraction! The palette is a favorite of mine, and the textures combined makes for a visual voyage if you will of pure delight, love it!:cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
06-03-2014, 06:09 AM
LIIIIIKE IT :cool: It's almost a sculpture :D

gxhpainter2
06-03-2014, 06:15 AM
Wow, Gary, what an attraction! The palette is a favorite of mine, and the textures combined makes for a visual voyage if you will of pure delight, love it!:cool::cool::cool: Thanks Sandy ! :cool::cool: :):):):):):):):)

LIIIIIKE IT :cool: It's almost a sculpture :D glad you like it Andrea... thank you. :cool::cool::):)

justjean
06-03-2014, 11:37 AM
A great bright and energetic painting :)Gary and it does show the great churning of the water

Caesar
06-04-2014, 02:24 AM
... Your painting is magic as well and the Volcano seems to be floating and beaten by the waves like a raft!

gxhpainter2
06-04-2014, 04:21 AM
A great bright and energetic painting :)Gary and it does show the great churning of the water thanks justjean I have always had a certain fascination with the swirling of water, and how best to capture that constant motion.

... Your painting is magic as well and the Volcano seems to be floating and beaten by the waves like a raft! thanks dear friend so glad to share a bit of Oregon's magic with you!..:cool::cool::):)

pat1940
06-04-2014, 10:18 AM
Gary, wow, this is fantastic, could not believe how your little pins came off the canvas, so much interesting things to look at, another favorite lol

gxhpainter2
06-04-2014, 10:50 AM
Gary, wow, this is fantastic, could not believe how your little pins came off the canvas, so much interesting things to look at, another favorite lolWow Pat it has been a looooooong time since I have heard from you, hope things are not too bad with your Mother in Law... and you have a little time to paint!...:cool::):):)