PDA

View Full Version : Barney Stinson (Neil Patrick Harris) Speed Painting

Suzuka
05-29-2014, 04:24 AM
Hi! I'm new here :) I've just discovered the forum
A few months ago, I discovered that there was a software called ArtRage in the CD of my tablet, and since then I really $%&$%& love it!! It's great!!
It's the best Software i tried for painting by far!!
Well, less blablabla xD
I've made a portrait of Neil Patrick Harris (Barney Stinson from How I Meet Your Mother) and I'm very happy with the result! :o So i would like to hear opinions

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x2KYafGRwvk

Cheers! :)

stevemawmv
05-29-2014, 04:57 AM
Welcome Suzuka...Nice job, really like the portrait, could you post it as well as the video. Thanks for the speed painting. Looking forward to more from you.....
Take care,
Steve

D Akey
05-29-2014, 05:08 AM
Funnily enough I think the greatest boon to painting and drawing has been photography.

This is really cool.

It's a wee bit quick to see all that you were doing in that it seemed like you did some erasing back. I caught a few frames occasionally of that. But then it looks like you blended it back out? Is that what I saw? Also, were you toggling the trace image on and off because it looked like you did not need to do any structure lines at all.

Anyway, it's a really good likeness for sure and the video is fun to watch. You have what looks like a very practiced hand with doing portrait style drawings.

Glad you found ArtRage. It is rather cool, isn't it. :cool::):):)

And welcome to the forums!

Suzuka
05-29-2014, 05:48 AM
It's a wee bit quick to see all that you were doing in that it seemed like you did some erasing back. I caught a few frames occasionally of that.

Nice eye, you got me xDD.

I started recording while drawing, but then I noticed that my hard drive was only with 5gb free so I couldn't record the entire process :(. So I decided to do a little trick, I drew everything and when I finished it, I recorded everything erasing layer by layer. But the order of erasing some layers were missplaced. For example, in the face I "drew" first the shadow, and not the structure lines, like I did.

By the way, thak you all :)
And here is the image:

PS: Sorry for my english

copespeak
05-29-2014, 11:29 AM
Very recognisable and beautifully drawn portrait. Well done! :cool:

SCP
05-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Welcome to ArtRage and well done ! ;)

Suzuka
05-30-2014, 01:40 AM
Thank you all :)

silvy
05-30-2014, 05:48 AM
Welcome to the forum and congratulations for the start:)
Hope to see more;)

Suzuka
05-30-2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you Silvy :D

pai
05-30-2014, 07:25 PM
Great drawing and thanks for sharing your video. So nice to see how you draw and welcome to Artrage forum. Looking forward to see more your great works. :)