PDA

View Full Version : Comic strip

Chinchi
05-27-2014, 08:42 PM
This is a thing I've been working on.

I like how the frame turned out, and think I'm keeping it.
Not happy with the main char in the last window though... I do have a hand drawn version (there's 6 animals all in all at the moment), of all of the chars, and I'm thinking about scanning them and using them instead, just flipping them around and ajusting limbs.
I'm guessing it's possible to do this with the stensil tool.

I'll post more stuff as it comes along.

kenmo
05-27-2014, 10:49 PM
Looks like it'll be a cool comic....

coops
05-27-2014, 10:59 PM
Looking good, well done:)

Chinchi
05-28-2014, 07:34 AM
Looks like it'll be a cool comic....

It's just my weird thoughts down on paper ;)

D Akey
05-28-2014, 07:54 AM
It'll work but you will have inconsistency of line weight if you are resizing them. So you may have to size them and trace over for a new drawing and erase the source one on a layer below.

This looks brilliant!!!!!! Very cool look. For fun or whatever motivates you, you're doing excellent work. :D:D:D:D:D

hildee
05-29-2014, 05:19 PM
Looks great, Chinchi. I used to do comic stuff years ago, would be fun to go back to it and have a play. Thanks for the inspiration.

Caesar
05-29-2014, 09:47 PM
Really fine! Are they going to get some colors too?

silvy
05-30-2014, 05:01 AM
Looks good:)
How will be ? Colors or B/W?

Chinchi
06-01-2014, 07:39 AM
D Akey:
I think you are right on that thought. What it comes down to is, that I just have to practise and get comfertable with the tablet and the AR tools.
I've redone the hedgehog (because thats what that thing eating a worm is ;)) a couple of times now, and it's getting better and better.

To those of you who asked about colours:
No, no colours. Some background details maybe (trees and the like), but not colour.

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 10:27 AM
Like the start of your comic strip.....looking forward to some more on this from you.
So get and stay comfortable with what your doing....It's all good!
Take care,
Steve

My Gallery:http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/34590

Chinchi
07-08-2014, 03:32 AM
Okay, so I've been working a lot on this, and this is the look I've ended up with
The one I posted to start with, does not have a background yet, neither does it have english text.

I found a site and payed $15 to get my handwriting into a font... Not perfect... but that's what gives it part of its charm.
I've scanned my original handpainted animals, and I use them to trace the rough sketch, just to keep them looking alike. I use the pencil tool to sketch.
Then I use then ink pen at 3% to draw the character, and 6% to outline.
Some details are done at 2% and the backgorund at 1%.

To make everything look a bit more even, copy/paste the background and copy/paste the characters if they have about the same posture in every frame. To get them to look like they vary a bit, I outline them seperatley, after the copy/paste process.

And I love the smooth effect of the Ink Pen. It makes everything look more even, with out making it look too computer-painted :)
A friend of mine is making a hp design for me, as I'm really bad at that sort of stuff ;)

D Akey
07-08-2014, 05:33 AM
What a clever idea to make your own font. It really does personalize it.

Very amusing cartoon as well. :D:D:D:D:D:cool::cool::cool:

Belvrog
07-08-2014, 11:25 AM
Hahahah I really like the look of these squareheaded creatures, very charming! Yes more please. Great start. :):):):):):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

Caesar
07-08-2014, 07:09 PM
Square-heads to spelling lessons? :o Funny!

coops
07-08-2014, 09:12 PM
Most amusing comis strip, well done:)

Chinchi
07-09-2014, 04:40 AM
Nice to hear people like it ;)

Square-heads to spelling lessons? :o Funny!
I'm not sure what this means? Have I spelled something wrong? :confused: So confused lol ^_^

Caesar
07-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Not at all, I'm not even an English speaking native to correct anyone. I appreciated the pun and realized once more that in English two different spellings sound alike and means differently ... :rolleyes: so it would be possibly easier for squared-heads aliens to switch to another earthlings' language ...:o:DLOL

hcwswdj
07-10-2014, 03:02 AM
lovely cartoon style~

Chinchi
07-14-2014, 08:51 PM
I need some feedback :)
This is the general idea for the language choosing icon (I'm danish... I'm going for both a danish and an english version for different reasons)u
Please tell me whic one you prefer - if any.

Full colour of characters and background

Only character colour

No colour

Oh, and didn't get any feedback on this guy in the critique area :)
I have added a bit of black to him since this version, and messed a bit around with the legs. I am thinking about dropping this version and making it into a pencil sketch instead.
I used the ink pen tool at 1%. Traced the outline, and the used the pic as a reference. He is in the comic, but I'm not going to be translating this specific one, as it's a play on words in danish, that can't be translated.

Caesar
07-15-2014, 01:23 AM
The first one, I think, and the bird is possibly a multilingual gracula ...;)

Chinchi
07-15-2014, 07:33 AM
The bird is a eurasian magpie, scientific name Pica pica :)
We call it skade. Skade = Magpie.
But "skade" is also the danish word for injury/damage.

It came about because one of our customers cars had a dead magpie stuck to it, where I work. Quite a funny situation, because of the wordplay.

I hop this picture won't offend anyone.
The bird had a quick death. My guess is that it was hit on the motorway at about 100-110 km/h