PDA

View Full Version : Starry Night at Red Mountain

gxhpainter2
05-27-2014, 06:32 AM
an abstracted landscape with a starry night .. in some more remote parts of the world the stars are so thick and they go right down to the horizon... a scene not many of us have got to experience..:cool: I hope you enjoy this :)

AndreaMG
05-27-2014, 08:29 AM
Beautiful. It reminded my when I used to live in the countryside away from the big city lights and watching the milky way at night giving me the goosebumps...

stevemawmv
05-27-2014, 08:39 AM
To me this is a very inspiring painting......Since I have some time off may talk someone into driving
me to the country and do some star gazing on my own. The stars may not go right down to the horizon,
but I've got a good imagination....I'll make do!
Nicely done Gary...
Take care friend,
Steve

copespeak
05-27-2014, 10:01 AM
Somewhat of a departure from your usual abstract style Gary, and I do like it very much.

We do have stars that go to the horizon and I was out last night enjoying them. :)

kenmo
05-27-2014, 04:00 PM
A different type of style for you Gary but none the less, another fantastic piece of art....

jibes
05-27-2014, 05:43 PM
One of my favorites of your's Gary! Just fabulous. As an amateur astronimizer I could dig the concept of solid stars but alas, here in Iowa not so many. Great job!

Caesar
05-27-2014, 08:14 PM
I don't know exactly how You got these exquisite textures, but I find this artpiece is as exquisite as an ancient Persian carpet!

coops
05-28-2014, 12:00 AM
Thats really cool, like it a lot:)

gxhpainter2
05-28-2014, 03:25 AM
Beautiful. It reminded my when I used to live in the countryside away from the big city lights and watching the milky way at night giving me the goosebumps... Thanks AndreaMG, I was in Central America out in the countryside of Honduras when I first saw just how many stars there are when there is no ambient light from cities to block them out.. I was blown away by the sight..

To me this is a very inspiring painting......Since I have some time off may talk someone into driving
me to the country and do some star gazing on my own. The stars may not go right down to the horizon,
but I've got a good imagination....I'll make do!
Nicely done Gary...
Take care friend,
Steve thanks Steve glad to see your recovering nicely and have time and energy to get out to do a little stargazing.

Somewhat of a departure from your usual abstract style Gary, and I do like it very much.

We do have stars that go to the horizon and I was out last night enjoying them. :) thanks Robyn, yes it is a bit different more of a normal landscape with the elements abstracted and designed glad you like it.

A different type of style for you Gary but none the less, another fantastic piece of art.... thank you kenmo..

One of my favorites of your's Gary! Just fabulous. As an amateur astronimizer I could dig the concept of solid stars but alas, here in Iowa not so many. Great job! thanks Neal I would have thought out in farm country you would have a pretty fabulous view of night stars..

I don't know exactly how You got these exquisite textures, but I find this artpiece is as exquisite as an ancient Persian carpet! Caesar, thanks and pleased by your comparison.

Thats really cool, like it a lot:) thanks a bunch Katie so happy you like this one. guess I was inspired by some of your recent beautifully textured backgrounds. :):):cool:

D Akey
05-28-2014, 04:33 AM
But as old Framer Grandpappy used to say, two ears are better than one, Vincent. So no going completely native with your Starry Night. Spicy though. Looks like you sprinkled it with plenty of Oregonos.

gxhpainter2
05-29-2014, 03:40 AM
But as old Framer Grandpappy used to say, two ears are better than one, Vincent. So no going completely native with your Starry Night. Spicy though. Looks like you sprinkled it with plenty of Oregonos. great comment and yes I did sprinkle with plenty of oregonos (organic) :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

D Akey
05-29-2014, 03:45 AM
great comment and yes I did sprinkle with plenty of oregonos (organic) :rolleyes::rolleyes::cool::cool:

You mean organic Oregonians. I forgot how to conjugate the verb 'The be from Oregon organically' :rolleyes::confused::D:D:D:D