PDA

View Full Version : Bamboo

Tonyjazz
05-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Lately I have been harvesting bamboo that has been cut down. Making instruments with artwork etched with a dremel too. This was a photo of some bamboo that caught my eye. Using AR, symmetry tool, knifes and pen I turned it into a surreal bamboo forest. Bottom photo is bamboo shaker with Bob Marley artwork. ....recycling bamboo......:) TJ

Orkhan
05-18-2014, 08:52 PM
this is awsome!!!! instruments.... my second thing to live for :-)

kenmo
05-19-2014, 01:06 AM
Very cool indeed...

pai
05-19-2014, 07:22 PM
Beautiful portrait art carving on that bamboo. I like it a lot. Also very clever use of Artrage tools to create amazing bamboo forest. :)

silvy
05-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Beautiful engraving and interesting experiment on photo:)

Tonyjazz
05-21-2014, 01:43 PM
Thanks for looking and commenting. My muse these days is with bamboo and artwork and making sounds as in instruments with bamboo. So if I dont post art for a bit, you know I'm out harvesting bamboo and making instruments with artwork on them.........AR4

D Akey
05-22-2014, 02:01 AM
So does using bamboo as a percussive musical instrument encouraging hitting the grass? I mean I see Bob Marley and bamboo is a grass. Just say 'no' (to my question). :):):):):):p But definitely these look very creative and I suppose after a time you could get really adept at tuning them as well.

So are they like xylophones in a row or are they stand alone where you use it like an addition to other larger percussive instruments like a lot of the stuff attached to marimbas or timbales like cowbells and cymbals and the like? I bet it gives a distinctive island sound.

Anyway, the visual component is looking great. How big are these? Bet you could design some really cool stuff in ArtRage that could transfer as guides for burning. It's like wood burning, right?

Fun! You'll maybe get around to doing another music video for YouTube along with your Cuatro.

gxhpainter2
05-22-2014, 02:45 AM
tony you are a man with many talents... great stuff..:cool::cool:

byroncallas
05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
Cool stuff Tony.

Caesar
05-22-2014, 06:54 PM
I love the images in here and what you get from bamboo, apart from feeding pandas ...LOL:o;)