PDA

View Full Version : Letters from Mars.

gxhpainter2
05-13-2014, 09:32 AM
just got this letter, which I found very informative, hope you all do as well..:rolleyes: I think is it especially informative for Caesar and AndreaMG ..:cool::cool:

D Akey
05-13-2014, 11:40 AM
The Italians because they're from Mars? Or is this some Martian Chronicle in some Illuminati code showing that Italian Leonardo was the first human being on that planet? Or is this. . . I give up. . . why the Italians?

I'm afraid to comment for fear it will spoil the surprise by guessing. . .

I like the painting, I dare say.

gxhpainter2
05-14-2014, 04:02 AM
The Italians because they're from Mars? Or is this some Martian Chronicle in some Illuminati code showing that Italian Leonardo was the first human being on that planet? Or is this. . . I give up. . . why the Italians?

I'm afraid to comment for fear it will spoil the surprise by guessing. . .

I like the painting, I dare say. LOL well you did kinda hit on it with the reference to Illuminati code and Leonardo...can't hide any obscure references from you I guess..:rolleyes::rolleyes: :):):):):):):):)

silvy
05-14-2014, 04:17 AM
From a Bowie's fan like me I see many Spiders from Mars in this one.:)
Maybe Ziggy sent it:o
I like it

stevemawmv
05-14-2014, 04:58 AM
Hello Gary.....
I dig the colors, the balance of the piece and the mix of ancient and new symbols within it.....but haven't a clue to what the message is, especially with the Italian references. I am just going to pretend I didn't see the reference and just let my imagenation run with it based only the title....Cryptic messages sent to John Carter from Dejah Thoris?.... Well that can't be right......you didn't name it 'Letters from Barsoom' .....now, did you!
I like the piece.....
Take care friend,
Steve

MKROOT
05-14-2014, 05:04 AM
Curious image :)

justjean
05-14-2014, 05:33 AM
I see a lovely silk scarf :D

gxhpainter2
05-14-2014, 06:25 AM
From a Bowie's fan like me I see many Spiders from Mars in this one.:)
Maybe Ziggy sent it:o
I like it sounds like a very good interpretation to me silvy!...

Hello Gary.....
I dig the colors, the balance of the piece and the mix of ancient and new symbols within it.....but haven't a clue to what the message is, especially with the Italian references. I am just going to pretend I didn't see the reference and just let my imagenation run with it based only the title....Cryptic messages sent to John Carter from Dejah Thoris?.... Well that can't be right......you didn't name it 'Letters from Barsoom' .....now, did you!
I like the piece.....
Take care friend,
Steve Hi Steve, it is so great to have you back with us!... really this is just a cryptic message from our distant past... as long as you enjoy it that is all that really counts...:cool:

Curious image :) thanks for stopping by and commenting

I see a lovely silk scarf :D thank you jean, always nice to hear from you!.:):)

copespeak
05-14-2014, 07:49 AM
So many nice places in there to stop and a have a look at Gary. So rich in colour and interest. :cool:

D Akey
05-14-2014, 08:58 AM
Has anybody else noticed the 3D effect -- without glasses????? It's like it's on a multi-plane and there are levels. What an outrageous effect GHX! That black light ultramarine level drops way back and imply a whole lot of space if we just pass the first layer. . .

Caesar
05-14-2014, 08:26 PM
A marvellous painting reminding me of Ray Bradbury and his atmospheres rather than Bobby Ray, maybe because of the title ... Love these vivid, though somehow soothing, colors, the red and violet oxydes of Mars. I also suspect that You painted a soccer stadium and that the azzurro in it may be a favourable prophecy for Italy in the World Championship (soccer, what else?). We still have to return to Brazil the final failure in US World Soccer Championship, at the final penalties, thus avenge the heroic Robero Baggio and Beppe Baresi mistakes, although they both played immediately after accidents and too quick recovery (accidents occured in in that same championship), a muscle strain and breaking and operation to the meniscus respectively.

Alexandra
05-15-2014, 01:07 AM
Electric, Gary, another love it from me. How are you doing? I am so busy with repairs when the weather warms up, that I haven't had much time to visit or comment.
I am doing fine, and thankfully, we have not experienced any tornado activity in my area. Thanks for asking.

kenmo
05-15-2014, 02:18 AM
Very nice....:cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
05-15-2014, 03:38 AM
So many nice places in there to stop and a have a look at Gary. So rich in colour and interest. :cool: thanks Robyn :cool:

Has anybody else noticed the 3D effect -- without glasses????? It's like it's on a multi-plane and there are levels. What an outrageous effect GHX! That black light ultramarine level drops way back and imply a whole lot of space if we just pass the first layer. . . you made me smile big time with this comment...I love to create depth with color choices and texture so as one looks at the work the brush marks make up a dense set of layering and implied space. that shade of blue next to the yellow which move forward and the blue recedes and the edges create that effect as well that the choice of the cyan blue to the right both the yellow and cyan have great energy and move forward while that blue softly recedes... thanks for noticing that level of detail .:cool::cool::cool:

A marvellous painting reminding me of Ray Bradbury and his atmospheres rather than Bobby Ray, maybe because of the title ... Love these vivid, though somehow soothing, colors, the red and violet oxydes of Mars. I also suspect that You painted a soccer stadium and that the azzurro in it may be a favourable prophecy for Italy in the World Championship (soccer, what else?). We still have to return to Brazil the final failure in US World Soccer Championship, at the final penalties, thus avenge the heroic Robero Baggio and Beppe Baresi mistakes, although they both played immediately after accidents and too quick recovery (accidents occured in in that same championship), a muscle strain and breaking and operation to the meniscus respectively. Caesar... definitely more ray bradbury than bobby ray.. thanks for commenting..

Electric, Gary, another love it from me. How are you doing? I am so busy with repairs when the weather warms up, that I haven't had much time to visit or comment.
I am doing fine, and thankfully, we have not experienced any tornado activity in my area. Thanks for asking. Sandy.. thanks I am doing really well, sliding into retirement at the end of the year and getting exciting to be able to work on my painting full time, and even do what my friends and relatives keep urging me to try to get my prints out to sell.. I have a storehouse of hundreds of paintings and prints to draw on for that... I am happy you have been spared tornado activity near you..:):)

Very nice....:cool::cool: hi kenmo, haven't seen you in quite a while great to hear from you again, how are things in your world? :):):):):):):):):)

byroncallas
05-17-2014, 02:49 AM
Well, Dear Gary, I rather like what seems a structured abandonment in this piece coming together. They've obviously got a lot going on there on Mars they want to tell us, and have no embarrassment in getting it all down. Wonderful expression. Gotta love those Martians. :):D

jibes
05-18-2014, 05:07 AM
Rich in color and design! Very well done Gary!

Albert
05-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Great work..... Very beautiful ....Cheers!:D:(:):p:rolleyes::eek:;):o