PDA

View Full Version : Sunrise

copespeak
05-09-2014, 11:20 AM
A quick 10 minute sketch of this morning's beautiful sunrise. We are so lucky to live where we do.

vandra
05-09-2014, 10:19 PM
A very beautiful sketch of a very beautiful sunrise. I'm feeling very lucky too. It's winter here now in the tropics and the sunrises and sunsets are amazing - an amazing country :-)

Caesar
05-09-2014, 11:48 PM
Magnifico! This monochrome in essence has got all the hues in it!

AndreaMG
05-10-2014, 08:11 AM
It's got your touch, lovely ;)

gxhpainter2
05-10-2014, 08:36 AM
beautiful colors, it has captured the glorious colors of early sunrise and the hush on the land...:cool::cool:

Shezza
05-10-2014, 08:51 AM
A glorious and captivating painted sunrise Codespeak.

Marilyn Anne
05-10-2014, 08:58 AM
The light and shaded areas really set the scene well.

copespeak
05-10-2014, 09:09 AM
Thank you all so much. Those quiet mornings when everything is pink and the mist lies in the valleys are gone so quickly. Of course it means it will rain later and it did! :)

silvy
05-11-2014, 06:23 AM
Only 10 minute sketch but a lovely result:)

D Akey
05-11-2014, 06:32 AM
Like batik on muslin or sack cloth or conversely working paint on glass or something not very absorbent. Very interesting approach that shows like a singer with a really gravelly, raspy voice indicating someone who's had rough life experience singing a lullaby or something sweet. The incongruity overlays a special dynamic merely by the tone and there's a character that is about overcoming the worldly struggles to find their heart (again). Clearly I am familiar with your skill, so this is like an actor playing the role of such a character. It transcends a bit.

Were I to hang this it would be because of that voice more than a celebration of this subject. But that's just where I went with it. And I think there could well be great things in exploring this look if you know its strengths and limitations.

copespeak
05-11-2014, 09:32 AM
Ah Mr Akey, tis early (6.30am) in the morning and I must stretch my poor brain to ponder on what you say, but I think I get it. :)

You have such a way with words.

I have used this lovely scrubby brush on subjects other than landscapes and enjoyed the doing, and the result, and I am pleased with the simple 'gravelly' feeling it gives. It also provides a strong graphic style I really enjoy. In short, I think it is 'me' for the moment when I paint with solid colour. We will see where it takes me.

Thank you also Silvy for taking the time to comment. :) :) :)

D Akey
05-11-2014, 10:42 AM
That's funny because I wrote it when I first woke up as well. So it's a bit like mumbling in my sleep only through that dreamy fog also attempting digital coordination. That I could get any of the letters right must be a testament to learning guitar. If the technique is calling you to use it, for goodness sake, follow it up. I wasn't making the connection to all those portraits you did but I can see that now. I meant with this painting specifically and that's merely the hit I got on it. Rock on!

pai
05-11-2014, 11:24 AM
Oh, I love this, Robyn ! :D The loose brush strokes and you really expressed so well in that dawn color palette. Beautiful abstract scenery to me.

coops
05-12-2014, 10:44 PM
Love this new style and love the painting:)

copespeak
05-12-2014, 11:23 PM
Thank you for popping in and commenting Pai and Katie! xx

stevemawmv
05-14-2014, 06:09 PM
Beautiful indeed Robyn...lucky you are!
Ten minutes well spent, nicely done...
Take care,
Steve