PDA

View Full Version : Meggerz Touch - Digital art with ArtRage 4

MeggerzTouch
05-08-2014, 09:05 AM
I am self taught and I do not take offense to CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. :o

D Akey
05-08-2014, 09:20 AM
Delightful work! And welcome to the forums! I look forward to seeing more. :-)

MeggerzTouch
05-08-2014, 10:49 AM
Thank you! :o

byroncallas
05-08-2014, 11:04 AM
Wonderful works. I think you'll enjoy sharing your works here and exchanging ideas, getting and giving feedback and what not. I certainly appreciate these posts. Welcome.

Caesar
05-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Welcome and what a finely colorful gallery!

MeggerzTouch
05-09-2014, 04:34 PM
thank you all so much! <3 :)

vandra
05-09-2014, 08:59 PM
Very colorful and interesting works. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

gxhpainter2
05-10-2014, 06:07 AM
very nice work, and quite a range of styles and techniques, I am self taught as well and this forum has always been very supportive to all talent levels.. welcome!.. :):)

silvy
05-11-2014, 09:30 PM
Welcome and really lovely works:)
Hope to see more of them

coops
05-12-2014, 09:41 PM
Welcome and these are all lovely paintings but I really like the attitude of the geisha:)

MeggerzTouch
05-18-2014, 07:36 AM

stevemawmv
05-18-2014, 08:04 AM
Welcome Megan.....I enjoy your work, quite unique and diverse in the imagery you create. I am also looking forward to more coming from you.
All nicely done!
Take care,
Steve

My Thread:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45586-Stevemawmv-Just-my-Paintings-(NEW-MAY15-EXPERIMENT)

My Workshop:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45915-Painting-favorite-models

D Akey
05-18-2014, 08:16 AM
So nice. Lots of range to your interests, including graphics it appears. Welcome to you!

damasocl
05-18-2014, 11:23 AM
Welcome!!!
Nice paintings!!!
Very personal!!!

pai
05-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Oh, I love the eyes and the trees. Many different varities and different skills to do them. Inspiring stuffs. :)

MeggerzTouch
05-18-2014, 03:42 PM
thank you guys! i really appreciate positive comments <3 i am very self conscious of my art. I am my worst critic! :p

kenmo
05-19-2014, 01:07 AM
Very nice....

MeggerzTouch
05-21-2014, 08:54 PM
Finally figured out how to set up my own Gallery.

http://members.artrage.com/gallery/38468

Not all of my art is done with ArtRage 4. I added my hand made art in its own album.

:)

MeggerzTouch
05-21-2014, 08:58 PM
Welcome and these are all lovely paintings but I really like the attitude of the geisha:)

Awh thanks hun! I love her too! shes got so much spunk! I also had a lot of fun playing around with her background. Although i did forget to add her shadow at her feet.. :p :cool:

D Akey
05-22-2014, 02:29 AM
Yeah, the geisha has way attitude. Hahah. One of the things about working on layers and saving the ArtRage file is that you can go back and add things easily often times -- like a shadow for example. If the girl was on a layer and the background on another, all you would have to do is create an in-between layer and pop it in without worrying about overlapping the feet.

Also love the lady with one blue eye and one green (a detail I had missed before as I was scrolling). It's a perfect element for raising the level of interest subtly yet dynamically.

MeggerzTouch
05-22-2014, 06:09 AM
Yeah, the geisha has way attitude. Hahah. One of the things about working on layers and saving the ArtRage file is that you can go back and add things easily often times -- like a shadow for example. If the girl was on a layer and the background on another, all you would have to do is create an in-between layer and pop it in without worrying about overlapping the feet.

Also love the lady with one blue eye and one green (a detail I had missed before as I was scrolling). It's a perfect element for raising the level of interest subtly yet dynamically.

why thank you! :) she was one of my first pieces on ArtRage and once i was finished i got excited and merged all her layers together at the end. No worries though, I have learned my lesson haha!
I personally loved the way the eyes came out and i added the multi-colored irises towards the end, more so a last minute choice. Glad you enjoy my art! I always love to hear peoples opinions on them.

Caesar
05-22-2014, 06:52 PM
Other original images with nice ideograms and daring colors. Very good additions!

MKROOT
05-22-2014, 06:57 PM
Very good images :)

MeggerzTouch
05-22-2014, 07:13 PM
thanks guys! feel free to check out my Gallery, deviant art and etsy sites listed in my signature. Id have to say though, all my art is in my ArtRage forum Gallery. :cool::):o

MeggerzTouch
05-26-2014, 08:16 AM
by the way, does anyone know how I make my ArtRage 4 pieces a higher resolution? For Deviant art and Etsy selling? :confused: :confused:

MeggerzTouch
06-06-2014, 09:48 AM

MeggerzTouch
06-06-2014, 09:49 AM

stevemawmv
06-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Really enjoyed the last set, as if there was a imaginary colabation of the creativity of Jackson pollock and Andy warhol....
Andy threw a smash of a party and wouldn't talk, and Jackson enjoyed the cocktails and had a ball, I think, after all this is a imaginary senerio.
Nicely done Megan! Love your diversity and creativity...
Steve

Caesar
06-06-2014, 06:37 PM
Exquisite splashing indeed!A variant of Pollock's dripping I guess ...;)

MeggerzTouch
06-07-2014, 09:06 AM
thank you guys! I truly appreciate your positive comments! I really missed playing around with ink! 81372

pai
06-07-2014, 07:31 PM
A lovely sweet design, Meg :)

MeggerzTouch
06-08-2014, 06:05 AM
why thank you pai! :D

copespeak
06-08-2014, 08:25 AM
Kind of like a paintball attack, but nicer! I really like them! :)

MeggerzTouch
08-20-2014, 10:43 PM

MeggerzTouch
08-25-2014, 03:14 AM

MeggerzTouch
08-25-2014, 03:15 AM
82639 this was fun to make!

stevemawmv
08-25-2014, 05:32 AM
Hello Megan.....
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new and healthy baby boy...
Your Kimonos are beautiful, well as the Geishas modeling them...Really like
the poem painting and how it should be painting...
Peace and take care,
Steve

eighty+
08-25-2014, 09:53 AM
Hi Megan When you say your self - Taught how many year's did it take you to get to that standerd ?? :confused: Do you think I'll get to that Standerd before the Jolly

Old Reaper Call's Worried :( :( :( :( :( :( POZDRAWSKI

jmac
08-25-2014, 11:05 AM
The kimonos and geisha paintings are very nice. I think the idea for the last painting is particularly inspired and would make a great window decal or bumper sticker.

D Akey
08-25-2014, 01:01 PM
Wonderful. Nice concept in the last one with the male and female symbols and the planet and colors and all that we-are-the-world stuff. Clever.

I like the kimono stuff. Very fashion illustration via anime or manga looking. The feet on one of them got distorted a little big for my tastes, but maybe it's for a themed shoe ad. The kimonos themselves look great. Very stylish heads and so forth as well.

You got taste! Very nice.

MeggerzTouch
08-25-2014, 02:47 PM
Hello Megan.....
Congratulations on the safe arrival of your new and healthy baby boy...
Your Kimonos are beautiful, well as the Geishas modeling them...Really like
the poem painting and how it should be painting...
Peace and take care,
Steve

Steve, thank you for the grats on my sons birth! :o i also appreciate your positive comments on my geisha's! too bad though that my death poem painting came out such low resolution :(

Hi Megan When you say your self - Taught how many year's did it take you to get to that standerd ?? :confused: Do you think I'll get to that Standerd before the Jolly Old Reaper Call's Worried :( :( :( :( :( :( POZDRAWSKI

Eight+, I have been playing around with art since about 2006 but got serious about it for only about the past 4 years. I use a lot of Youtube tutorials and just a few 'cheats' here and there :D :o :p the beauty of art (especially digital art) is you cant make mistakes! art is what you make of it. no limits! and -ctrl z- deletes your last move! haha! I would be more than happy to help you out anyway i could! feel free to email me: [email protected]

The kimonos and geisha paintings are very nice. I think the idea for the last painting is particularly inspired and would make a great window decal or bumper sticker.

jmac, im very glad you liked my geisha's! they are kinda my pride and joy! and i am currently trying to teach myself how to draw and style some male samurais! but its much tougher to draw men rather than women. /sigh BUT im learning! I currently am selling my 'World Peace' painting @ http://meggerztouch.deviantart.com/art/Peace-469346332 but only as art prints and some coasters / mugs. but a window decal or bumper sticker would be great! know of any company's that would allow me to do that?

Wonderful. Nice concept in the last one with the male and female symbols and the planet and colors and all that we-are-the-world stuff. Clever.

I like the kimono stuff. Very fashion illustration via anime or manga looking. The feet on one of them got distorted a little big for my tastes, but maybe it's for a themed shoe ad. The kimonos themselves look great. Very stylish heads and so forth as well.

You got taste! Very nice.

Akey, After i was done painting my 'world peace' i thought it was kind of too generic, how so do you think it to be clever? I LOVE constructive criticism! so please! don't hold back! I do now see that all of my geisha's feet are rather lager than the size ratio of their bodies! haha! now my O.C.D. is kicking in and i'll have to fix those!

MeggerzTouch
08-25-2014, 02:54 PM

D Akey
08-25-2014, 04:07 PM
Akey, After i was done painting my 'world peace' i thought it was kind of too generic, how so do you think it to be clever? I LOVE constructive criticism! so please! don't hold back!

Well, the concept of the peace sign with all the symbolism -- Much depends on what you're wanting to say. I like each of the possible themes I saw first off. So among the things I'm reading into it:

The concept of a hand giving the peace sign but colored with various racial colors all in the same hand sort of makes it iconic about racial harmony and there's more similarities than differences. That's one. The male & female symbols as rings is a cool notion, indicating then a racial homogenization which could evolve out the differences even further -- tolerance of which is one avenue to peace. And then the world just sort of emphasizes the global implementation of such a consciousness.

The concept is what I liked and the cleverness is in the ability to say a lot without saying a word. I think most people would grasp the message regardless of their verbal language, and that's sort of the point I should think.

Having cheered that side of it, it could have been done with more attention given to the technical. The mechanics are a little more posterized than what I see in the kimono figures. So I can only imagine you were working fast. So it's a good comp. Were it taken to a slick finish, either graphically (flat design) or more rendered, it would have more articulateness and impact -- ie. people would probably see it as less grass roots and more professional which would imply your symbol was speaking for an organization or at least the concept had been thought through. Each symbol is something said in that language, it has a voice, and appearances are a big part of that voice.

Also, when doing something like this, it's always (in my opinion) stronger to use fewer elements and laser the message. So with all these things going on simultaneously, there's a little uncertainty about what is the dominant theme. Peace on Earth through acceptance, Racial integration, Peace begins at home, The nuclear family unit is the foundation for. . . etc etc. The more stuff you use, the more ambiguity has a chance to seep in.

But there are lots of clever things going on in it, and any one of those themes is represented. And if you were doing a poster for a symposium or something where there would be many people talking on various topics related to what you have here, it could work as a short-hand teaser for what's in store.

I like the visual ideas you're employing. I like the dividing up of the hand into colors like countries in continents on globes are often separated. And having the globe right behind presents a parallel for that.

MeggerzTouch
08-25-2014, 08:31 PM
Well, the concept of the peace sign with all the symbolism -- Much depends on what you're wanting to say. I like each of the possible themes I saw first off. So among the things I'm reading into it:

The concept of a hand giving the peace sign but colored with various racial colors all in the same hand sort of makes it iconic about racial harmony and there's more similarities than differences. That's one. The male & female symbols as rings is a cool notion, indicating then a racial homogenization which could evolve out the differences even further -- tolerance of which is one avenue to peace. And then the world just sort of emphasizes the global implementation of such a consciousness.

The concept is what I liked and the cleverness is in the ability to say a lot without saying a word. I think most people would grasp the message regardless of their verbal language, and that's sort of the point I should think.

Having cheered that side of it, it could have been done with more attention given to the technical. The mechanics are a little more posterized than what I see in the kimono figures. So I can only imagine you were working fast. So it's a good comp. Were it taken to a slick finish, either graphically (flat design) or more rendered, it would have more articulateness and impact -- ie. people would probably see it as less grass roots and more professional which would imply your symbol was speaking for an organization or at least the concept had been thought through. Each symbol is something said in that language, it has a voice, and appearances are a big part of that voice.

Also, when doing something like this, it's always (in my opinion) stronger to use fewer elements and laser the message. So with all these things going on simultaneously, there's a little uncertainty about what is the dominant theme. Peace on Earth through acceptance, Racial integration, Peace begins at home, The nuclear family unit is the foundation for. . . etc etc. The more stuff you use, the more ambiguity has a chance to seep in.

But there are lots of clever things going on in it, and any one of those themes is represented. And if you were doing a poster for a symposium or something where there would be many people talking on various topics related to what you have here, it could work as a short-hand teaser for what's in store.

I like the visual ideas you're employing. I like the dividing up of the hand into colors like countries in continents on globes are often separated. And having the globe right behind presents a parallel for that.

amazing, I actually didnt have this planned at all, i started with the peace sign then though where could i go with this, so i looked at the ArtRage 4 stencils and found the 'female male' symbols, played around with those and decided to add the concept of having them on as rings, ( me being a female ) i have had personal experiences with sexual harassment and being undermined due to the simple fact of being female, so i do love doing art with equality in that concept. so then i wanted peace between men and woman all over the world, so i created that in the back ground, (which was rushed, at this point i started to get excited.) once that was done i started thinking about how my half brothers are half black half white and how our inter racial home is sometimes looked down a pon. (we have some rude neighbors lol) me being half Mexican and my husband being full blown white (blue eyes blonde hair) i wanted to also add to that that how the issue with todays age is how there are still racial issues among the world. an thats sad!

So yes! i loved your opinion, thankyou for taking the time to write it! ;):D:o

MeggerzTouch
08-29-2014, 10:40 AM

My ninja geisha :) shes eating dango of course. hehe :o

pat1940
08-29-2014, 11:15 AM
Megan, what a pleasure to have you on Art Rage and your lovely paintings, welcome, keep them coming

stevemawmv
08-29-2014, 02:00 PM
Hi Megan.....Love your slicey dicey ninja geisha, I know they're special to you, So 'Domo arigato' for sharing them....
Better brew up some green tea so she can enjoy the dango...
Take care,
Steve

MeggerzTouch
09-07-2015, 07:29 PM

MeggerzTouch
09-07-2015, 07:32 PM

MeggerzTouch
09-07-2015, 07:33 PM

MeggerzTouch
09-07-2015, 07:35 PM
anything in the back would be attempted abstract wings.. 8747187472874738747487475

rbrews100
09-07-2015, 10:16 PM
These are beautiful pieces and very refreshing, look forward to seeing more..

MeggerzTouch
09-08-2015, 08:23 AM
These are beautiful pieces and very refreshing, look forward to seeing more..

thank you kindly :o

Caesar
09-08-2015, 07:10 PM
Great creativity and dramatic improvement along Your thread. Artpieces youngsters would certainly utmost appreciate ... as well as aged people like me, I confess, because of the effective and essential drawing/ graphical quality and the colorful energy they spread. APPLAUSE :D

gxhpainter2
09-09-2015, 03:35 AM
I love the bright energy and creative figures, you have really stretched into an new area and doing very well...:):):cool::cool:

Marilyn Anne
09-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Wonderful colors and great experimentation with style and design.

D Akey
09-09-2015, 09:53 PM
I really like the concept. Lots more to explore I should think. Lots of possibilities. Fun. For me it has a sort of Summer sports in a romp and trendy sort of way -- like loud baggie swim trunks and such. Angles on vacation in Los Angeles who raided the wardrobe and prop, and I guess make up departments at the studios.

:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::):):):):):cool::coo l::cool::cool::cool:

coops
09-10-2015, 01:20 AM
Love this splash art is is very cool, well done:)

MeggerzTouch
09-10-2015, 03:36 AM
Thank you very much! I am so glad that others are enjoying my art as much as I do! Always learning new things to do with Artrage <3 Very good beginners software!