PDA

View Full Version : Synthetic Rain

gxhpainter2
05-01-2014, 09:55 AM
if it would only rain rainbow drops!...:cool: this was a lot of work but I like the end result and I hope you do as well. :)

copespeak
05-01-2014, 07:28 PM
Makes me think of rain after a bushfire Gary! I love all your scribbly black lines that tie it all together. Terrific! :)

AndreaMG
05-02-2014, 12:51 AM
Even in the most industrial/urbanized/tech space there's always something sparkly and beautiful if you just look closer and in you painting I see it in those colorful confetti. Bravo! :cool:

gxhpainter2
05-02-2014, 03:32 AM
Makes me think of rain after a bushfire Gary! I love all your scribbly black lines that tie it all together. Terrific! :)thanks Robyn, I was working with grays and blacks and only hints of color so it does have a quality of burnt and blackened trees and landscape, or a blighted urban land as AndreaMG sees.

Even in the most industrial/urbanized/tech space there's always something sparkly and beautiful if you just look closer and in you painting I see it in those colorful confetti. Bravo! :cool: thanks Andrea this was an experiment with a more somber color set but added the confetti "rain" at the last step....

D Akey
05-02-2014, 03:54 AM
The image is like looking into a chemical reaction with the atoms restructuring to form new compounds.

I suppose that's what you're doing artistically in a way. And this is something of a process painting. Cool. Wonder what the new compound will look like. . . or is it all about the dynamic moment of change?

vandra
05-03-2014, 06:48 PM
Your painting kind of makes me think of the beautiful colours of the reef and what happens to them, and it, when a very strong current breezes through.

gxhpainter2
05-04-2014, 06:32 AM
vandra and D Akey, thanks for stopping by and commenting, you both have interesting interpretations from this, that what makes abstracts interesting to me, they can open up such different worlds for each viewer....:):)

hildee
05-04-2014, 05:28 PM
Interesting! I hope one day to see a video of you making one of these.

vandra
05-04-2014, 08:34 PM
Interesting! I hope one day to see a video of you making one of these.

Indeed. That would be excellent!

justjean
05-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Gary, an interesting rain, makes me think of all the chemicals that we are putting into our world :)

silvy
05-05-2014, 03:25 AM
Great effects of rain in texture:) A lot of work with pen to create depth. Beautiful result

Caesar
05-06-2014, 12:50 AM
I guess You shot a rocket in the sky to get this synthetic rain and it was a colorful firework too! Concrete look and grain form a fantastic base for this composition.