PDA

View Full Version : Old master !

Ray
04-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Artrage and PS

C and C are welcome

hildee
04-28-2014, 03:28 PM
Marvellous painting and atmosphere and texture and mood. I admire people who can use bold strokes and still make something intelligible out of it, very well done!

Victor Osaka
04-28-2014, 05:02 PM
Oooooooh, really nice. Expressive and powerful technique.

vandra
04-28-2014, 05:57 PM
Wow, very dramatic. Brilliant work!

copespeak
04-28-2014, 05:58 PM
A potent brew and so well done! :cool:

Caesar
04-28-2014, 08:34 PM
You're more impressively masterful than ever, dear mate. Welcome back!

AndreaMG
04-29-2014, 12:14 AM
I looked at your paintings in your sites, you are really talented :cool:. Since you asked for C&C I find that some of the large brushstrokes with low paint (the white ones for instance) look a bit blurred moreover some of the background marks have a grain pattern that differs from one another, as if they were applied on canvas with different textures then put together. The other thing which works great from a visual standpoint but it might seem not true to the trad media are those marks that look like done with a carchoal or an unloaded brush (to add depth to the picture I suppose) right above the thick paint in the face area where I would have expected the opposite: thick areas are where the texture of the canvas is hidden while other areas where the paint is less thick the texture shows through. Apart from these minor things the painting is stellar. Is it done entirely in AR? Did you use custom brushes? What are the brush settings you used for the background?

screenpainter
04-29-2014, 06:54 AM
beautiful work Ray. love your portraits. especially love the textures and brush strokes in this portrait.

D Akey
05-02-2014, 02:47 AM
Very strong and dynamic technique! Almost sculptural as if having emerged from a very old time during meditation or something. Good form and drama. I'm listening. . .

Ray
05-03-2014, 04:40 AM
Dear AndreaMG,

Thanks a lot for the appreciation and C and C , Completely agree that some strokes doesn't seem true to the trad media, overall idea was not achieve the exact replica of trad media, just trying to get my own style by bending some rules and following some..d..just rough play ...and i really love to play as it comes along rather than being very calculative with every single stokes but again agree completely with what u r saying also :) as i mentioned this painting was not done entirely in AR, Photoshop used with custom brushes. Brush setting ..just with texture of canvas

And Thank you each and everyone of the comments and feedback
I know i am not very frequent here but its very nice to get feedback from all these masters here.

Thanks again.

I looked at your paintings in your sites, you are really talented :cool:. Since you asked for C&C I find that some of the large brushstrokes with low paint (the white ones for instance) look a bit blurred moreover some of the background marks have a grain pattern that differs from one another, as if they were applied on canvas with different textures then put together. The other thing which works great from a visual standpoint but it might seem not true to the trad media are those marks that look like done with a carchoal or an unloaded brush (to add depth to the picture I suppose) right above the thick paint in the face area where I would have expected the opposite: thick areas are where the texture of the canvas is hidden while other areas where the paint is less thick the texture shows through. Apart from these minor things the painting is stellar. Is it done entirely in AR? Did you use custom brushes? What are the brush settings you used for the background?

AndreaMG
05-04-2014, 03:48 AM
Thanks for the explanation! Your work is really inspiring ;)

silvy
05-05-2014, 02:38 AM
Wonderful painting! Love your style:)

D Akey
05-05-2014, 03:07 AM
I went and looked at your links that you have below. Remarkable work. Congratulations on finding a distinct style. In those others in the links I really like how you get lighting effects and such lovely color.

I commented on Old Master ! earlier, but, again, I like your bold marks in this one.

Ray
05-05-2014, 04:35 AM
Thanks a lot for the comments and visting my links D Akey !really appreciate!...and m excited and honored to hear that i have a distinct style.... :)

Thanks again Andrea

Once again Thank U each and everyone for the support and appreciation !

I went and looked at your links that you have below. Remarkable work. Congratulations on finding a distinct style. In those others in the links I really like how you get lighting effects and such lovely color.

I commented on Old Master ! earlier, but, again, I like your bold marks in this one.

pai
05-07-2014, 03:42 PM
Very great portait painting style. Love the contrast and the mood in this one. :)

Ray
05-13-2014, 06:52 AM
Thanks a lot Pai :)

Very great portait painting style. Love the contrast and the mood in this one. :)

MKROOT
05-13-2014, 07:09 AM
Great painting :)

kenmo
05-15-2014, 05:55 AM
Very nice....

Ray
06-02-2014, 02:42 AM
Thank U kenmo and MKROOT

damasocl
06-02-2014, 06:48 AM
Very good!!!