PDA

View Full Version : Kids book. There are 7 animals so far. Can you find them all?

shadowslake
04-26-2014, 03:34 AM

This is a new childs book I am working on the cover for. Hope you like the style. Still a work in progress.

D Akey
04-26-2014, 07:51 AM
Neat-o! I like the look - playful yet it has everything there. Nice.

vandra
04-26-2014, 05:29 PM
Love the colours and the tree looks as though it might come alive at any minute :)

shadowslake
04-27-2014, 01:35 AM

Here is stage 2. Can you find all the animals? There are 7 of them so far.

shadowslake
04-27-2014, 01:38 AM
Neat-o! I like the look - playful yet it has everything there. Nice.

Happy you liked it. Was going for simple yet fun but not lacking detail.

Thank you.

shadowslake
04-27-2014, 01:39 AM
Love the colours and the tree looks as though it might come alive at any minute :)

Thank you. Happy you liked it. The tree is a valuable part of the painting but can you find the 7 animals that currently reside in and around the tree?

silvy
04-27-2014, 01:48 AM
Really a lovely painting.
In stage 1 I see a bird and maybe a cat:confused:
In the second I see a bird and a small rodent on the tree. A goose, a cat and a snake down.
On the left a frog and a little turtle......seven!!
I won something?:D

shadowslake
04-30-2014, 07:28 AM
Really a lovely painting.
In stage 1 I see a bird and maybe a cat:confused:
In the second I see a bird and a small rodent on the tree. A goose, a cat and a snake down.
On the left a frog and a little turtle......seven!!
I won something?:D

Thank you Silvy for taking the time to look. You found them all. You get the.... um..... well ok I did not come up with a prize yet but will work on that one. LOL.

copespeak
04-30-2014, 10:57 AM
Yes, it took a while, but I found them all too. Clever! :)

Slap Happy Larry
04-30-2014, 03:36 PM
I love seeing all the ways in which other artists paint a sky.
The colours of this remind me of those retro picturebooks, before colour printing outside black with that red/orange was cost effective.

justjean
05-01-2014, 02:34 AM
A fun painting but I could only find 6, I think one ran away :D

shadowslake
05-11-2014, 03:21 PM
I love seeing all the ways in which other artists paint a sky.
The colours of this remind me of those retro picturebooks, before colour printing outside black with that red/orange was cost effective.8090480905

I always try to make everything amazing new even if it contains old elements. Happy you liked it.

shadowslake
05-11-2014, 03:24 PM
A fun painting but I could only find 6, I think one ran away :D

Name the ones you can see and I will try to help you find it. Some miss the cat in the tree or the turtle on the left.

D Akey
05-12-2014, 04:49 AM
Hey, this dragon one looks like it's going to be great.

I have an observation about placement of elements, it's good to design it all at once. The dragon is going to cover up all your interesting stuff in the center. The rocks are really cool as shapes, but you'll need to detail them somewhat.

When I was illustrating in the early days, before I was hip to type being laid across my illustrations, I often found that my best work would be in the places that would be covered by type. I never took that into consideration -- until several of my best paintings were diminished by losing all the juicy bits. So I learned the hard way to consider the whole design of everything at once.

Just something to consider when you plan a painting. This is going to look great though. I love the dragon. And the background is really cool.