PDA

View Full Version : Navigate Artrage canvas: hotkey + tablet pen move (No pen button hold needed)

Richy
04-17-2014, 07:44 PM
Hi. Actually i'm 3D guy, and i use Photoshop for my texture and postwork about 12 years. I loved to draw and paint watercolor when i was a kid. Now i decided to give a shot back again. So i'we tried several apps to draw and paint. Photoshop for me is more editing software. Corel painter too complex with settings, crashing, heavy and not so natural feel. Now i'm trying Artrage, it's absolutely amazing and addictive. Small, fast, effective and so natural. Just wow!

I have an ancient Trust tablet :D And since it hasn't any additional buttons, i had to find workaround comfortably navigate canvas.

So let's begin:)

There is a must have tool "X-Mouse Button Control" ---> www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/XMouseButtonControl.htm
I suggest (if you will like it) installed version use for other programs, but for Artrage download separate portable version and use it just for Artrage, to avoid key conflict, since XBMC has five layers for one profile.

Download portable XMBC ---> www.highrez.co.uk/scripts/download.asp?package=XMousePortable

Download settings file ---> www.failai.lt/mx4zvj2p3qyb/XMBCSettings.xml.htm (There is also english UI) :)

Extract zip file ----> Copy (overwrite)"XMBCSettings.xml" to folder where "XMouseButtonControl.exe" is located.

Run Artrage, and run "XMouseButtonControl.exe" and that's it!

You can define your own hotkeys, and here is mine:

Hold key " / " and draw to zoom in - out canvas.
Hold key " / " and click pen button to reset zoom.

Hold key " . " and draw to pan canvas.
Hold key " . " and click pen button to reset pan.

Hold key " , " and draw to rotate canvas.
Hold key " , " and click pen button to reset rotation.

There also is temporary x,y axis lock to draw - paint straight horizontal and vertical direction.

Hold key " ; " for temporary horizontal axis lock.
Hold key " ' " for temporary vertical axis lock.

Sorry for links like that, since i'm new user, i cant upload normal url's.

I hope it's helpful :)

Foop
10-16-2018, 03:24 AM
2014! Wow! I hope you're still active, dude. I'm trying out various art programs, now ArtRage on the PC with a regular Huion tablet (no multitouches here!), and downloaded XMBC, but your xml link gives a 404. Any way you could get it to me, please? The 'using mouse/pen to zoom/pan/tilt' is definitely a plus!
Even better if you since then have found out how to map 'toggle between draw and eraser', but I guess I can map 'erase' to the pen button, and 'return to tool' to one of the tablet hardkeys. :)

Enug
10-16-2018, 04:08 PM
Hi! It appears this member only posted this one time so I doubt he/she will read your post. The urls were incomplete but you could search for X-Mouse Button Control as I did. https://www.highrez.co.uk/downloads/xmousebuttoncontrol.htm

There may be info there to help.