PDA

View Full Version : Scratch Art - Cat and Dog

Fiawin
04-14-2014, 11:20 AM
I love both cats and dogs and just quickly made a little sketch.
I know it looks bad, but it was just a super easy and fast 'I'm bored' thing, so any advice is welcome so that I can go back and change it and make it better.
Oh, and I know that they're both a bit disfigured, I couldn't get the cat's legs right.
(I'm not much of one for drawing animals)

Again,
Any advice and criticism is very welcome!

And I'm SO sorry it's sideways!!! I didn't know how to fix that... I tried... but it didn't work...

Victor Osaka
04-14-2014, 11:43 AM
How did you do that!!!??? As a child my art teacher (grade school) had us colour a paper with crayons and paint it with black tempera. Then we'd scratch the black off to achieve that look.

Fiawin
04-14-2014, 03:44 PM
I made two layers,
One I painted rainbow and then the other I filled in all black. The black layer was on top of the rainbow layer and I made sure that the back layer was selected... then I just started erasing the black layer in the picture that I wanted. The rainbow layer showed through like a charm!
:o
Glad you liked it!

Victor Osaka
04-14-2014, 03:49 PM
BTW, you can rotate your work in the Gallery. I assume you are on an iPad. Look at the bottom in the Gallery and you'll find the rotate icon.

hildee
04-14-2014, 07:05 PM
Love this sort of art, it's fun to do, always unpredictable. Great job!

Adler
08-25-2014, 06:24 PM
Hi Fiawin,
Like your work and like your technique. Dogs are my favorite but I am poor in sketching so I have a french bulldog Bruno.

Pop Alexandra
01-18-2024, 10:39 PM
Love the technique and the subject matter.
I'd hang that on my bedroom wall.