PDA

View Full Version : Deserted City

gxhpainter2
04-07-2014, 07:04 AM
old language no longer spoken echos off the walls of the old market place...

copespeak
04-07-2014, 07:20 AM
Don't those colours sing! I love this! :cool:

stevemawmv
04-07-2014, 07:57 AM
I'm frankly astounded by the colors and how my imagination was instantly captured and redirected... simply just by the title alone.
Hooper's Night Windows re-envisioned in the future, where the language was absorbed into a 'Cityspeak' years earlier. Or...venturing outside the dome, exploring the long abandoned city of our fore fathers of which we know nothing about, only legends!....Watch out for the 'Cubs'....
Gary...This one grabs me!
Take care friend....
Steve

Caesar
04-07-2014, 07:43 PM
Signs replace sounds, memory images. All remains vivid and colorful though ... Marvellous!

coops
04-07-2014, 10:45 PM
Sparta is still alive in this one Gary:)

pat1940
04-08-2014, 06:32 AM
Very lively painting , it is a happy and exciting painting, really think this one is fantastic, great work again Gary

Marilyn Anne
04-08-2014, 07:21 AM
So like these colors in Buenos Aires and Mexico. Always glad to pick up some colorful things to bring home. Nice feeling. Nice paintings.

gxhpainter2
04-08-2014, 07:28 AM
Don't those colours sing! I love this! :cool: thanks Robyn, I have to admit that I like to drop in little jewel like colors to really make the painting sing..

I'm frankly astounded by the colors and how my imagination was instantly captured and redirected... simply just by the title alone.
Hooper's Night Windows re-envisioned in the future, where the language was absorbed into a 'Cityspeak' years earlier. Or...venturing outside the dome, exploring the long abandoned city of our fore fathers of which we know nothing about, only legends!....Watch out for the 'Cubs'....
Gary...This one grabs me!
Take care friend....
Steve super Steve, please you like the colors and work on this one.

Signs replace sounds, memory images. All remains vivid and colorful though ... Marvellous! thanks Caesar, very perceptive as I let some "signage" in this to allude to a past language.

Sparta is still alive in this one Gary:) thanks Katie, I think I hear the leather sandals walking over pavement stones...

Very lively painting , it is a happy and exciting painting, really think this one is fantastic, great work again Gary thank you Pat...:):)

So like these colors in Buenos Aires and Mexico. Always glad to pick up some colorful things to bring home. Nice feeling. Nice paintings. thanks Marilyn Anne, you are fortunate to have been to such wonderful places..:):)

pai
04-08-2014, 10:19 AM
A very alive and colorful city to me. I like how you chose your color palette on each abstract you created. Very nice one :)

Alexandra
04-08-2014, 10:54 PM
Expressive, imaginative...wow, I love this, Gary.

D Akey
04-09-2014, 01:38 AM
Very nice. Enjoying your paintings.

AndreaMG
04-09-2014, 06:51 AM
The orange reminds me of the rusted iron while the blue symbolizes the sky that reigns over everything. Cool :cool: