PDA

View Full Version : Caesar's feminine characters ongoing thread (last addition as of April the 17th)

Caesar
04-03-2014, 08:11 PM
Following the advice of our dear D Akey to sketch-draw one of my "dolls" to be sold not only with high heel shoes, but also with all clothes, accessories etc., along with the success of Barbie, the WITCH etc. here's a possible facial look of one of them. I should similar develop characters from any place of the earth with their specific features and all the different kind of clothes, dresses, jewels etc. Would You join in the business?;)LOL

D Akey
04-04-2014, 07:13 AM
Is she ever cute or what? Really charming. Well done, Caesar.

scribbledsoul
04-04-2014, 07:08 PM
Cute one! I would buy one for myself...for my niece, however, that would depend hehe. Would they evoke a style more suited to children, or adults? Nice work! It would be fun to see what you come up with for them.

You know, one of these days I am going to have to indulge myself and paint up one of my own fantasies. Though mine would be for my fellow ladies, of course. Hmmmm, you have inspired me, I think I will! ;)

~ Scribbles

SCP
04-04-2014, 07:18 PM
Well done Caesar ! What's next ? ;)

Caesar
04-04-2014, 08:36 PM
Thank you, dear D Akey. Here I tried to be a little more precise with lines as You suggested, the rest was for the fun of coloring it as a little kid ...
I should seriously think of a more 3-D version of it, whole figure, keeping outline accuracy as much as I can.

Dear Scribbledsoul, that's what I wonder too since ever when looking at Barbie dolls and what's around them. Are they for kids or, to some extent grown up youngsters and people? Which style of life do they actually teach? Are they really good gor children and kids and what's different from traditional dolls and the relant games girls made with them? We'll see what i'll come out with ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear SCP! What's for sure is that it's not going to become a monster ... LOL;):o

AndreaMG
04-04-2014, 08:57 PM
She is totally cute Dear Caesar! I'm afraid someone has already thought about dolls and accessories ;) http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls-games/

eighty+
04-04-2014, 10:13 PM
Looking Good O Mighty One and looking at the link Andy showed your one's we B far Better so let's see more ok as its your ball Game STATTE BBUONO Si Si

Caesar
04-05-2014, 12:25 AM
Thank You, dear Andrea! That wasn't an original idea at all, I know, after all each new animation or super-hero or saga movie has so many additional revenues from videogames, dolls, toys etc. derived by their characters and stories ... Later on I'll give a look to the site though.

I'm glad I've got a warm supporter in You, dear ATPlus! Thank You! I'll feel I fully achieved a goal when You will use some of my modest works to elaborate on ... :o ;) LOL

In the meanwhile I would add a semifinished WIP of a quite different kinda doll along a similar style ... still to decise on some additional effect, apart from finishing it ...:rolleyes:

eighty+
04-05-2014, 02:23 AM
Blimey. She's a tall bird. The top of my head will just be under her boob's.Caesar :D:D:D:D

D Akey
04-05-2014, 03:25 AM
She is totally cute Dear Caesar! I'm afraid someone has already thought about dolls and accessories ;) http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls-games/

Hey, that's a pretty cool idea were it not for all the ads. Barbie dolls without the expense. Clever them. Kids will watch that same ad for ads for a feature Disney cartoons movie quite happily.

Early in my career I could get the audio only version of television broadcast with lots of kids programs on my radio and the amount of repetitive ads with a frenetic cartoon rabbit selling a particular breakfast cereal over and over and over. . . and over. . . the same ad only every few minutes. When you are stuck with audio only you really notice this stuff.

It seems that when targeting kids, advertisers can be merciless. Also explains why those silly breakfast cereals are so expensive. But I digress. The dress up the celebrity game online there is a pretty cool idea though. I imagine girls would flock to it.

D Akey
04-05-2014, 03:26 AM
Blimey. . . The top of my head will just be under her boob's.Caesar :D:D:D:D

Excellent! Well positioned Mr Ploos! Go man go!

D Akey
04-05-2014, 03:29 AM
In the meanwhile I would add a semifinished WIP of a quite different kinda doll along a similar style ... still to decise on some additional effect, apart from finishing it ...:rolleyes:

I love the scowl. Classic part of the Punk uniform. She's a bit of a giraffe though, innit?

silvy
04-05-2014, 03:58 AM
The first girl is very cute:D, very well done.
Punk girl is funny, you got it right exaggerating the proportions : is very cool :cool:
Perhaps lacks a bit of trinkets .......chains, buckles, large metal rings, some brooch:p:rolleyes:

stevemawmv
04-05-2014, 04:54 AM
All fun stuff....I like the 'Punker' Caesar!
I' am curious whats next as well?
Take care friend,
Steve

Alexandra
04-05-2014, 06:35 AM
Those are so cute, Cesare! Great job!

AndreaMG
04-05-2014, 07:10 AM
Ha ha, the second one sure has attitude, keep 'em coming X)

copespeak
04-05-2014, 09:29 AM
I love the second one Caesar. She's an artwork in her own right. :cool:

justjean
04-05-2014, 03:16 PM
Caesar, the first is a real sweetie and the second is long and lanky , both are great :D

Caesar
04-06-2014, 08:21 AM
Dear ATPlus, I hope it's not a problem for You to use her boobs like a rain protecting roof should she undergo plastic surgery to inflate them. Personally I neve had problems with tall girls, the taller the better in a way. After all it's just a vertical comparison and an old naughty boss of mine, a very short man, used to say that horizontally we're all tall about the same ...LOL:o;) Thank You!

Thank You, dear D Akey. I should still finish her, but exaggerating a little bit seem to give sort of an anorexic look which probably add to the comics-like character.

Right, dear Silvia! Many "accessories" are missing as well as piercing and tattoes. Thank You!

Thank You dear Steve! What next? I think whoever I'm going to meet and find interesting to capture and emphasize a little bit in her face, body and personality.I'll be searching and scanning like a radar from morning then ...

Thank You, dear Sandra! Almost opposite in their personalities I'd say.

I wouldn't have an affair with her (the punkess I mean :oLOL), dear Andrea. She looks quite resolute ... to give someone a punch! Thank You!

Thank You, dear Robyn! A really flattering comment indeed!

Two antithetical characters somehow, dear Jean, aren't they? Glad You appreciate both! Thank You!

Caesar
04-07-2014, 08:56 PM
I finished a little more the punk girl ...

coops
04-07-2014, 10:44 PM
These are so good Cesare but boy is she a hard looking gal.:)

Caesar
04-08-2014, 03:28 AM
Thank You, dear Katie. Someone else coming soon I think ...:rolleyes:;)

pai
04-08-2014, 10:08 AM
I really like the "punk" character. He's so cool. Was that you when you were young ? :p:D

Caesar
04-08-2014, 06:43 PM
Thank You, dear Pai! Actually I've never been a female when I was young :D and not even a punk (they didn't exit then, I'm almost 56!) LOL:o;)

This is going to be a feminine characters gallery so I'm recovering herein also my last beach pin-up and next to add a new one ...

Caesar
04-08-2014, 09:57 PM
Inspired by Pat and Sandra I couldn't avoid to add an American native beauty in my gallery ... my way though ...LOL:o;):D
Gentlemen, she's a great chief daughter and quite healthy and strong for working and providing You with plenty of heirs ... and already invitingly in love with YOU! Anyone willing to marry her?:D
I should improve her a little bit with a better lighting, but it should give You the idea ...:rolleyes:

D Akey
04-09-2014, 02:30 AM
Mamma Mia! The Venus of Willendorf went native. You are a master of the living fetish, Caesar.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Venus_of_Willendorf

Caesar
04-09-2014, 04:20 AM
Mamma mia! I noticed I forgot to add some reflexes and splitting lines on the hair! Thank You, dear D Akey. Let's get my tasks list!

AndreaMG
04-09-2014, 06:43 AM
Man, now I realize why the page took longer then usual to load X). Nicely done Dear Caesar!

stevemawmv
04-09-2014, 10:48 AM
Huh!!!!!....No marriage proposal on this offering, going to keep my ponies, buffalo hides and beads for the next one...let the Chief know she's just to good for me, I am not worthy of such a prized catch!
HA ha...like it!

justjean
04-09-2014, 12:23 PM
Caesar, at 56 your still in middle age and young enough to wed the lovely lady yourself that is if your wife agrees :)

pai
04-09-2014, 03:36 PM
hahaha..an unexpected one.. :p and it's still very great one too ! :D

Victor Osaka
04-09-2014, 06:55 PM
Love this thread.

Caesar
04-09-2014, 10:01 PM
LOL:o:D Thank You, dear Andrea! We should take this western Indian girl to India where seh may at least ride ... elephants of course. Horses are too ... fragile ... ;)

Thank You, dear Jean! Pls don't provide suggestions to my wife or she will deliver me right there to get free of my engaging presence .... LOL:o;)

You like it! So any of Your friends finding You a little too skinny in comparison willing to get married with her, dear Pai? LOL:o;) Thank you!

Thank You, dear Victor! Anything else visually but art though, I'd say ...:o

coops
04-10-2014, 12:26 AM
Thats so amusing but great Cesare:)

Caesar
04-10-2014, 08:49 AM
Thank You, dear Katie! She's possibly looking for a blue soldier, a charming 7th cavalry member of her dreams :rolleyes:.... :o

mannafig
04-10-2014, 08:54 AM
These gals look fab dear Caesar I look forward to seeing more of them.

Orkhan
04-10-2014, 09:15 AM
Realy made me laugh outloud... the expression is priceless... Augh! Great (native) work!

vandra
04-10-2014, 07:15 PM
Gosh, some wonderful characters there Caesar. Your punk girl looks pretty tough :-). I love them all.

Alexandra
04-10-2014, 10:37 PM
Well uh um, it looks like the corn and deer meat have been plentiful these past few years. I am sure the lucky man will have good food, warm bed, and a happy woman, haha! Cute Cesare!

Caesar
04-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Thank You, dear Amanda. I'll be glad to satisy Your wish. Actually I like all these creatures out of my mind, including the chubby ones ...:o;)

This means You like her and ready for the Cheyenne wedding (or is she Navajo?:confused:), dear Orkhan?:o;) Thank You!

Thank You, dear Vandra! I guess the punk girl looks as weird as a kookaburra to You ... LOL:D

You're absolutely right, dear Sandra! The only risk, while sleeping, is that she might inadvertently roll on You overnight ...:eek: LOL:o;) Thank you!

Caesar
04-15-2014, 12:39 AM
A quick approach for a vignette. Pencil, watercolor, roller and airbrush ....

kenmo
04-15-2014, 05:08 AM
Caesar....Very cool art and thread.... :cool::cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
04-15-2014, 06:48 AM
Wow, what kind of specimen are they? Haha, sorry, I confused this thread with the other one of yours^^ Very fine drawing, they look like career women :cool:, are they from the place you work in Rome?;)

stevemawmv
04-15-2014, 11:32 AM
Hi Caesar...
Last pic's reminds me of models in the advertisements done by graphic artists which were in magazines such as Life, Look and Saturday Evening Post.
Fifties and Sixties.... right before all the ads were professionally staged and photographed.
Like them all friend, take care....
Steve

D Akey
04-15-2014, 12:56 PM
Very 'slice of life'. Feels like the ladies are working at the clothing boutique. That buxom blond we see from the back reminds me of a cute actress who played the daughter of one of the mafia bosses on the TV series Vegas -- similar body type and hair.

Your pages always seem to be an extension of you as a musical director, Caesar. Or at least I get the impression I am watching you portray your actresses like in an old musical where they are dropped in to any old contemporary setting and suddenly they burst into revealing song. . . Or as in a doll house where you set up these animated tableaux where they really have a strong will to action. All your pictures move in my mind anyway.

The drawings are very clear and lyrical. Good job!

Caesar
04-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Thank You, dear Kenmo! As You see, I'm on the "light" side of my creativity. It's fast and relaxing and not too engaging ...

Dear Andrea, the one You see only the shoulders may be freely inspired to a collegue (not a natural blonde though although fair), the other one mostly likely came out subconsciously from my passion for certain comics drawings styles and my passion for the American illustrators, as Steve promptly recognized. As You know, here in Rome You may find any kind of specimen, either Italians from any region and foreign people, so models of any kind if you wish, although they're both absolutely imaginary and referenceless, from automatic sketching excercising during a meeting. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Steve! Are You implying I'm that old? LOL ;):p Kidding. You're absolutely right to recognize some possible driver of my mind and hand I think. As for drawings and comics I love in particular, apart from some few top class Italian artist, also Uderzo (Asterix), curiously an Italian as for his origins, some French and Belgian styles, and the great American illustrators of the decades you cited. I'm not really a supporter of manga style instead, they're artistically too "cheap" and too little insightful in most cases .... Yeah, I'm probably a quite aged grumpy guy ....:o;)

Dear D Akey, You had the outstanding talent to translate my vignette into a poetic image, a lyrical effective description and to flatter me even on this modest quickie where I mostly focused on personality, body language, situation, action, everyday life, without adding special effects, technical tricks, ornamental textures and elements. Actually I didn't play with dolls as a child, apart from a baby doll few months across my first year birthday where I possibly familiarized with body parts, just as I did by kiss-biting affectionately a friend little girl at around seven-eight month (all according to my mom's narration). Maybe I learned to enjoy dolls later on and try to play with them ...LOL:o;) Thank you!

Alexandra
04-15-2014, 09:51 PM
Very pretty ladies, Cesare, great work. I especially love the shoes.

Caesar
04-16-2014, 02:02 AM
Thank you, dear Sandra! You may certainly have those shoes too ... but what's your foot size? LOL:o:D

justjean
04-16-2014, 03:35 AM
Moving back into the modern world and all look great, Caesar :D

SCP
04-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Dear Caesar you always make me laugh!:D Just caught up with your latest works in this thread nicely done.;):cool:

Alexandra
04-16-2014, 10:46 PM
Thank you, dear Sandra! You may certainly have those shoes too ... but what's your foot size? LOL:o:D

Large enough to keep you behaving my friend!;):p:p:p

Caesar
04-18-2014, 02:29 AM
Dear Jean, thank You! I cannot adapt very much to mdern mangas ...

Welcome in here too, dear SCP. No monster in this thread. After all it was appropriate to have threads for both, Belle and Beast! LOL:o;) Thank you!

I see, dear Sandra, You can play soccer pretty well in case ... :eek:LOL:o

Well it's time I add a new one herein ... i hope Andrea won't get jealous ... ;)LOL:D

silvy
04-18-2014, 05:00 AM
Really a nice and funny thread :)
I adore the hair of the last one
Did you chained to transform her into a tree?
The foliage already has it:D

Caesar
04-18-2014, 05:33 AM
Thank You, dear Silvia! Actually I tried to make the caricature of the singer Avril Lavigne, the secret, exclusive passion of Andrea, who is a nice but really tiny girl, 1.56 tall, 49 kg (once at least), so she needs to be fixed to the ground in such a windy day .... LOL:o;):p

stevemawmv
04-18-2014, 05:48 AM
Hello Caesar...I get it.... Well done!
Sorry, I don't always refresh the page...didn't see your reply to Silvia before mine.
Take care friend,
Steve

AndreaMG
04-18-2014, 05:50 AM
Spectacular Dear Caesar! You captured her so well and with your joyful touch as well! The detail is amazing, even the black nails are there! She is a tiny and cute girl and your take is adorable! Her hair shaken by the wind, her hidden hands, everything is just perfect! And then there are the chains that take the entire thing even higher :cool: Bravissimo! May I have the permission to upload it In my thread too? Pretty please? SCIAU :)

Caesar
04-18-2014, 06:04 AM
Dear Steve, I just explained above to Silvia the visual joke, i.e. reason for the chain/ ballast and abundant clothes. I guess You're familiar with Avril Lavigne (say so to please Andrea at least).LOL:o;) Thank You.

Thank You, dear Andrea! You may obviously load it on Your thread too, since You're her talent scout here! I should have refined it much better, but within the couple of hours time frame I used, I could hardly do better. The background was obviously recovered from one of my past experiments.

AndreaMG
04-18-2014, 06:48 AM
Arigatou gozaimashita! ^^

Caesar
04-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Dōzo Andrea! :o

silvy
04-20-2014, 04:16 AM
Ah ah that's why the chains!
Mmm:confused: 1.56 tall, 49kg...:rolleyes:....just like me:p

....if this wind keeps on, is better that I buy them too;)
Buona Pasqua e Buon Weekend Cesare

Caesar
04-20-2014, 06:53 PM
Buona Pasqua anche a te, carissima Silvia! Ma sei proprio uno scricciolo simpatico allora! Eh, eh. Il vino buono nelle botti piccole, le barriques ... LOL:o;)

D Akey
04-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Carino. Non ho idea perché lei è incatenata in questo modo. Ma è un cartone animato veramente bello.

Caesar
04-21-2014, 04:46 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey! What a fluent Italian! Actually Avril Lavigne is so tiny and light that she had to be fixed in such a windy day ... LOL;) Have a Great Easter!

coops
04-23-2014, 10:50 PM
I am sure there is a story waiting to be written to go with this super painting Cesare:)

Caesar
04-24-2014, 01:06 AM
Well, dear Katie, it was a little gift to Andrea and since I was quite astonished to read about her minute size and little weight, so .... I anchored her to the ground in such a windy day. LOL;):o Thank You!

limey-g
04-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Hi old friend, interesting painting, just a question were the weights to help build up the chest :)

Geoff

Caesar
04-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Ahah, :oLOL, dear Geoff, nor really as I already explained in a couple of answers ... I notice You're more attracted by ladies than by monsters threads and I quite concur with You ... Thank You!

pat1940
04-29-2014, 03:04 PM
Quite a collection dear Caesar, love your Indian lady. Lol, all are great, on holidays, won't be back to painting till end of May but I just have to check in on all my friends

Caesar
04-29-2014, 09:58 PM
Thank You, dear Pat! I cannot stay without feminine characters so I added one also among the monsters in my bestiary ....;)