PDA

View Full Version : AR for Android

Gms9810
04-03-2014, 04:47 PM
I've heard that there will be a version for AR coming out for Android. Can this be confirmed or denied without endangering lives, giving out secret information or initiation of the end of the world? My tablet is Android so that would really be good.

HannahRage
04-03-2014, 05:40 PM
At great personal risk and the loss of many Bothans, I can tentatively confirm that there will be an Android version. However, we do not have a release date nor any details about the devices it will be on yet.

SCP
04-04-2014, 07:11 PM
Great news will there be a Beta ???

Gms9810
04-05-2014, 04:02 PM
I don't ant to endanger your life, this inforation gives me hope. After reading this I'll eat my laptop so this won't get out.

aardbewoner
04-06-2014, 01:45 AM
At great personal risk and the loss of many Bothans, I can tentatively confirm that there will be an Android version. However, we do not have a release date nor any details about the devices it will be on yet.

Nice only the last part scare me about the devices, hope AR wil be suplied on this side no google shop and any device.

Henry Stahle
04-06-2014, 10:22 PM
I've heard that there will be a version for AR coming out for Android. Can this be confirmed or denied without endangering lives, giving out secret information or initiation of the end of the world? My tablet is Android so that would really be good.

I have Windows 8.1 desktop and ArtRage. I have iPad Retina and ArtRage. I also have Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with ArtRage running. Since ArtRage does not install on an Android device (yet) I use Splashtop to run it on my Note 10.1 by streaming. It works fine. Since the Note tablet is pressure sensitive and the Wacom Bamboo stylus (or the S-pen) works on the Note only in native Android software, the pressure sensitivity is lost by using the Splashtop solution. When the ArtRage Android version is released I really hope it will include Palm Rejection. That is a must for painting and drawing on tablets.

fraser_paice
04-06-2014, 10:51 PM
ArtRage on Android on this! Interesting.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/ASUS-Portable-P1801-T-18-4-inch-Tablet/dp/B00J65QB0S

williamK
04-07-2014, 08:02 AM
I have Windows 8.1 desktop and ArtRage. I have iPad Retina and ArtRage. I also have Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 with ArtRage running. Since ArtRage does not install on an Android device (yet) I use Splashtop to run it on my Note 10.1 by streaming. It works fine. Since the Note tablet is pressure sensitive and the Wacom Bamboo stylus (or the S-pen) works on the Note only in native Android software, the pressure sensitivity is lost by using the Splashtop solution. When the ArtRage Android version is released I really hope it will include Palm Rejection. That is a must for painting and drawing on tablets.

Thanks for the pointer to Splashtop - not a perfect solution but it will do until the Android version arrives. Actually I found out about ArtRage in a Note 10.1 (2014 edition) review that wasn't supposed to have it. So they got a customer even (Windows) even though the product wasn't available. No regrets in that regard - it's remarkable software. I tried Splashtop with my 2014 edition - set resolution to 1280 x 800 and it works pretty nicely.

HannahRage
04-07-2014, 02:16 PM
I don't ant to endanger your life, this inforation gives me hope. After reading this I'll eat my laptop so this won't get out.

I see that you have already started on your Ms and Ws ;)

Gms9810
04-11-2014, 07:04 AM
It's old age, I hate it when I make typos so I always double check before I post. Now I have to kill myself by falling on my stylus. Oh, the disgrace!

HannahRage
04-11-2014, 03:58 PM
It's old age, I hate it when I make typos so I always double check before I post. Now I have to kill myself by falling on my stylus. Oh, the disgrace!

Wait! No!

You might damage the stylus!

Gms9810
04-13-2014, 05:20 AM
That's a good point, I can't afford another one, thus making it difficult to draw when I'm dead and have no stylus. I tried putting my head in an oven but it was an electric oven and all it did was singe my beard. Fortunately there was a pie in it. I tried jumping off a bridge but the river was dry and I limped away with a bruised butt.
In my defense, I'm using my new laptop, which is magnificent (17" screen, quad core, 2T storage space, 2G video RAM, 32G RAM) but the keyboard is hard to get used to, the keys feel different. I also have arthritis in every joint so my fingers are stiff. This doing away with myself thing is more trouble than it's worth so go easy as I'm old and dilapidated.

seanr
10-09-2014, 04:45 AM

I have been waiting for this ever since I bought my Samsung Galaxy Note. Hope all is well with the development team.

Hope it comes out soon,

Sean