PDA

View Full Version : Stand of Trees

gxhpainter2
03-30-2014, 01:48 PM
where to begin, isn't that always the issue with any painting.? I have done several in the past few days and I wasn't that happy with anything. This one I am ok with and decided to post it anyway...I hope you enjoy it.

justjean
03-30-2014, 01:54 PM
Great shapes, colours and strokes in that forest, Gary

copespeak
03-30-2014, 03:58 PM
I can just see you standing there with your painter's smock and pixels up to your elbows, splashing the colours on with wild abandonment!

Victor Osaka
03-30-2014, 05:32 PM
WILD! I like it :D

Marilyn Anne
03-31-2014, 04:10 AM
The combinations remind me of a collage. Lovely shiny papers and all sorts of things. A treat for the eyes to explore.

gxhpainter2
03-31-2014, 07:16 AM
Thanks robyn, justjean, Marilyn anne, and victor you are all very generous and I appreciate your continued support and encouragement..:):)

scribbledsoul
03-31-2014, 08:08 AM
Your work is always so fun...it has been a long time for me, but seeing this great painting of yours makes me glad to be back! ;)

AndreaMG
03-31-2014, 08:11 AM
Hello Gary, how're you doing? To me it's great. Remember that even in the worst painting there's something that shines, the same goes with beautiful paintings that often have some flows, plus the more we paint the more we understand better how things work and ourselves, so it's always a step ahead :cool:

gxhpainter2
03-31-2014, 08:23 AM
Hello Gary, how're you doing? To me it's great. Remember that even in the worst painting there's something that shines, the same goes with beautiful paintings that often have some flows, plus the more we paint the more we understand better how things work and ourselves, so it's always a step ahead :cool: very good advice, I was very impressed with your conversation with D Akey and you said you were always striving to push your boundaries and sometimes it worked and some times not.. but as you say every painting is a step ahead if the intention is honest.:cool::cool::cool::cool: thanks :):):)

stevemawmv
03-31-2014, 01:12 PM
Hello Gary,
Why are you standing out there with the trees, and have you been out there for a few days deciding which of your paintings you think we would like to see? You could leave it up to us...I personally have enjoyed all of your paintings that I've seen so far. Don't be selective, show them all if you can.. they don't all have to be great...'good or bad' 'in your mind', they all have left a good impression or stirred an emotion or memory in me....So that means that all of your paintings have worked ....'Good or Bad', 'in your mind'...In my mind they're all good!
I like the stand of trees!
Take care Friend,
Steve

Caesar
03-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Here it's quite evident You took us among the trees to admire the soil and undergrowth rich, wonderful and the somehow subdued earth color tones.

coops
03-31-2014, 11:24 PM
Love the colours and the earthy feel to this one:)

gxhpainter2
04-01-2014, 05:36 AM
Your work is always so fun...it has been a long time for me, but seeing this great painting of yours makes me glad to be back! ;) wow now that is a rewarding comment, I am happy that it moves you so..

Hello Gary,
Why are you standing out there with the trees, and have you been out there for a few days deciding which of your paintings you think we would like to see? You could leave it up to us...I personally have enjoyed all of your paintings that I've seen so far. Don't be selective, show them all if you can.. they don't all have to be great...'good or bad' 'in your mind', they all have left a good impression or stirred an emotion or memory in me....So that means that all of your paintings have worked ....'Good or Bad', 'in your mind'...In my mind they're all good!
I like the stand of trees!
Take care Friend,
Steve steve, you are a great encouragement, I actually do lots of work that never makes it to the forum, experiments where I learn something new or see a look that I want to explore.. I guess I am still a bit shy to show people my work, it took me several years before I started posting on this forum, but the people like yourself were so accepting and kind it made it safe for someone to share their efforts.

Here it's quite evident You took us among the trees to admire the soil and undergrowth rich, wonderful and the somehow subdued earth color tones. thank you dear friend. please you like the scruffy scrubby earth work.

Love the colours and the earthy feel to this one:) thank you Katie always a treat to have to stop by and comment.

pai
04-01-2014, 08:19 AM
I see numerous ideas and images in your head and haven't quite form yet that you still wanted so much to touch the canvas and put them out. The emotion and thoughts in this abstract to me it's what an artist's mind about in sometimes. I like the title you called it too. To resist and to stand up with the fight of non-satisfaction to own-self. Just my interpretation :)

Alexandra
04-01-2014, 03:54 PM
There is life in those trees, and another wonderful painting, Gary!

pat1940
04-01-2014, 04:59 PM
Gary I can see the time and imagination you put into this and it is very good, so very glad you posted it so that we can enjoy it, I like it a lot