PDA

View Full Version : A matter of fact

Caesar
03-29-2014, 04:33 AM
What I can do with the limited accuracy of a mouse by abstracting ... not too much though ... just on elements unlikely relationship ...

pat1940
03-29-2014, 07:07 AM
Caesar, I cant get over that perfect piece of glass, what a fantastic job, great painting, have to ask is that a women's leg lol

AndreaMG
03-29-2014, 07:43 AM
A golden lady emerging from a block of granite? And the glass shard... cool :cool:

Alexandra
03-29-2014, 09:02 AM
An arm of a goddess wishing to be carved and immortalized from granite...
Great, Cesare!

copespeak
03-29-2014, 09:27 AM
Caesar, have your lost your stylus, or are you experimenting with the mouse?

D Akey
03-29-2014, 10:22 AM
A bit surreal as well. :cool: It's as if you're a sculptor seeing the form emerging from the stone. Now it's on you to chip all the rest away.

Caesar
03-30-2014, 06:53 AM
Dear Pat, even on a painting with rocks and glass how cannot I deny the pleasure of a reference and tribute to the eternal feminine principle of nature, dear Pat? LOL:o;) Thank You!

A strange kind of shower, dear Andrea, isn't it? I was reflecting on transparency once more. Nice Avatar, BTW. Is it a picture of Your prima comunione? LOL:o;) You look great and very young, almost a blessed saint in a golden light! Thank You!

We all share the same basic elements, dear Sandra, but what You may get with them may be dramatically different ... unless someone may fall in love with granite. With glass may be quite different since there's people falling in love with him/herself seen in the mirror. LOL:o;) Thank You!

Dear Robyn, I'll take with me another tablet which hopefully works better and change the pen tip otherwise even mouse is better for outlining with less trembling and wandering lines. Here I didn't need any accuracy with the used tools, so mouse was more than apt. Thank You!

Michelangelo docet, dear D Akey, doesn't he? You only have to remove the excess marble to let the figure You see in the stone out ....BTW he was only a poet, not a major one, but his verses sounded as sculptures too. Thank You!

AndreaMG
03-30-2014, 10:18 PM
Nice Avatar, BTW. Is it a picture of Your prima comunione? LOL:o;) You look great and very young, almost a blessed saint in a golden light!

Ha ha, thank you my Dear friend, yep it was taken ages ago it still is in my driving licence, but I still look like pretty much the same except for the shorter hair :cool: SCIAU

Caesar
03-31-2014, 09:10 PM
I see and I'm glad You made an agreement with Your mirror to keep young and let your image age.;) In my driving licence too I still have a picture of me at 18-19, thus, considering my venerable age, in black and white, fortunately though not an Altamira cave drawing as for Eighty Plus ... LOL:o;)

coops
03-31-2014, 11:23 PM
Thats so creative Cesare:)

pai
04-01-2014, 09:19 AM
I love your marble pattern like background and that color....and the mystery of that leg comes out from there. Very interesting, creative and sexy. :p

Caesar
04-01-2014, 08:28 PM
Thank You, dear Katie! The painted part was that of the leg where I painted and blended skin tones mixing colors directly on the sheet, looking, as always, for intriguing skin reflectivity and transparencies. The rest came to help framing and merging it as a fossil and putting a glass over it to insert an additional, slight optical effect.

Thank You, dear Pai. Marble and flesh may be quite sexy in art, dear pai, so probaly their combination too. Leg and stone are both real and their own concept here and the transparent glass may possibly enhance too the sensual content of the composition ... I must recognize that I'm attracted by misty, moody, somehow cold atmospheres, but I naturally tend to end up with more concrete and tangible elements and views when I abstract ... More classical than romantic, they would have once said.

BTW, dear Katie and Pai, as for the adjective sexy, it reminded me of a little change I made to a most wondeful painting by Mrs Katie-Coops (substantially the foot ...LOL;)). Have a look ...:o

coops
04-01-2014, 11:21 PM
I remember that painting Cesare infact may have a go at something like it again sometime:)

Caesar
04-02-2014, 06:04 AM
You recognized Your foot and shoe, I guess ... LOL:o:D

stevemawmv
04-02-2014, 06:34 AM
I'am surprised I missed a painting of a leg Caesar..its like a set of clues, just have to put them togather and solve it...Slab of Marble, piece of a photo and a lab slide...Huh!
Cool stuff....
Steve

Caesar
04-02-2014, 08:52 AM
Dear Steve, quite often the unseen part and the imagination to guess it is the most teasing element of a painting like these ones ... :o Thank You!