PDA

View Full Version : Schrödinger's cat

Caesar
03-26-2014, 04:57 AM
A quantistically paradoxical illustration. All started from drawing a cat linear shape in its essence and elegance with eyes, nose and mouth lines (mouse only and no reference, correcting its proportions until it looked likely) , the rest came from my scientific interests interference. I hope You would forgive the latter ... :o

gxhpainter2
03-26-2014, 05:08 AM
who needs the CERN machine when you can so aptly illustrative concepts with such quantitative excellence !??:rolleyes::rolleyes::):):cool:

mannafig
03-26-2014, 08:47 AM
Superb dear Caesar,I wonder where he's off to?

pai
03-26-2014, 10:56 AM
aww, Caesar, you're in a new transformation in style here. love that abstract background combined with your unique illustration style. Interesting that you will paint a kitty on this one...mhmm..imagine if it's a figure again, what would you paint ? :rolleyes::D

Caesar
03-26-2014, 11:12 AM
... hopefully I succeeded illustrating also the puzzled glance of the cat uncertain whether he was dead or alive until the observation is made, dear Gary. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda. I just wanted to draw the essence of feline elegance, but the title is about a famous quantistic paradox about the possible and simultaneous states of a cat in a closed box.

Dear Pai, cats and felides are particularly fascinating to me, especially the way they move. I just checked if I could capture their essence and peculiar features by memory only. Thank You.

D Akey
03-26-2014, 01:55 PM
Wanted, Dead AND Alive, Caesar? You want it all. Even in the Wild West they only said Wanted Dead OR Alive.

What an alchemist you are. Very metallic in ascendance. Knowing you as I do, You've always been about transforming the cat, ennobling the feline, installing the flying Beatrice, as it were.

silvy
03-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Mi piace molto l'effetto che hai ottenuto, mi ricorda i mosaici di vetro , lo stile liberty
Devo dire che mi sembra anche ottima come scelta visiva per rappresentare l'esperimento:D

I really like the effect you've got
reminds me of the glass mosaics, art nouveau
also seems to me excellent choice as a visual to represent the experiment :D

Caesar
03-26-2014, 11:55 PM
I like cats and women, since in several cases they share the same kind of sinuous and sensual elegance of movement, the apparent languid torpor which is a prelude to the exciting game of an ambushing predation. Victims are hypnotized by the beauty of the predator, by a deceptive slowness that precedes the sudden powerful attack and the savage struggle eventually extinguishing the victims .... that's when they wonder: "Am I dead or alive, or both? Tell me Scroedinger pls!" Dear D Akey, I realize that more than Dante Alighieri I lyrically sound here like Gabriele D'Annunzio. LOL:o;) Thank You, dear friend.

Grazie, cara Silvia. Sono in una fase in cui sto frugando in soffitta tra i miei vecchi dipinti per recuperare pezze da mettere nei nuovi quadri e gli accrocchi sembra che mi mi vengano tuttosommato abbastanza bene ...
Thank You, dear Silvia. I'm in a phase when I'm rummaging in the attic of my old paintings to recover patches to sew in my new paintings and the accrocchi (unlikely assembies or compositions of elements either static or working somehow) seem to come out reasonably good after all...

williamK
03-27-2014, 12:44 AM
Interesting - while I like the cat, I really appreciate the background effects. I'll have to figure out how you did that.

Alexandra
03-27-2014, 12:58 AM
Another exciting painting, Cesare, I love it!

stevemawmv
03-27-2014, 05:35 AM
Another cool one Caesar....
Schrody's cat... 'Is or Isn't, I see it... therefore it is...or isn't!
Looks quite healthy following the paradoxical experiment, just
may be a little puzzled choosing which image portal to enter in
this multi-dimensional painting you've placed him in.
Like it!
Steve

SilverO
03-27-2014, 06:14 AM
Looks really good!
I'm impressed you were able to get the proportion right for the cat without a ref:eek::)

AndreaMG
03-27-2014, 07:54 AM
You actually painted a cat with a mouse? Sorry I had to say it ;) so you do like black cats, they do not bring misfortune, they are elegant and intelligent creatures and yours is beautiful indeed Mitch the background adding a mystery element. Bravo Anzio bravissimo. Ma come cacchio fai a disegnare così bene solo con il mouse? How in the world can you paint so well with just a mouse? X) SCIAU

Victor Osaka
03-27-2014, 08:02 AM
AndreaMG - LOL. Cat & Mouse.

Love the illustration more and more.

Caesar
03-28-2014, 01:26 AM
Thank You, dear WilliamK. Just use layers, explore blending modes, duplicate and rotate a layer, use mixed tools on different sheet grains etc. You would certainly get interesting backgrounds ...

Thank You, dear Sandra! A good news then; when You get excited You certainly perfom even more amazingly. So I, hopefully, expect another masterpiece on Your thread!

Dear Steve, how could Shakespeare ever now that the question was "to be and not to be"? Thank you!

Thank You, dear SilverO! Some traits were erased and redone, so You may draw by imagination and without proportion rules if You can see in Your mind the subject (the more You're familiar with it the better) and by a converging trial and error process whenever the lines You are drawing don't follow what You see inside.

Dear Andrea, Mr. Mouse drew a Tomcat to keep other cats away, I guess. Not that difficult to use a mouse, provided You keep movements within an appropriate range where translation and rotation of the wrist are limited wnough,. thus by resizing over and over the sheet ... Thank You!

Dear Victor, I concur with You. Such a per is cute and not at all engaging as the real ones ... LOL:o Thank You!