PDA

View Full Version : Classicità

Caesar
03-26-2014, 03:07 AM
... or "new figurative approach on classical art canons" ...
A soothing new experiment with subtle effects study.
No reference and personal drawing into resumed elements ... Mouse only.
I hope You like this too. I find it particularly luminous, so a shallow one as Andrea would notice .... opposite to the last one in a way.

gxhpainter2
03-26-2014, 04:18 AM
excellent figure study, I can't believe you only use a mouse, I guess Italian mice have much more control than Oregon mice.. ours are a bit wild and difficult for fine control. :rolleyes::rolleyes: Really a pretty piece of work, those long fluid lines that so precisely outline her form are amazing work:cool::cool:

Victor Osaka
03-26-2014, 05:24 AM
Mouse? Damn! It's lovely. Relaxed and "easy" flows nicely.

mannafig
03-26-2014, 08:49 AM
Very nicely done Caesar.

AndreaMG
03-26-2014, 09:00 AM
What?????? You're calling me shallow aka superficial?.... :mad: it must be a typo for sure.... :D:p:o. Anyways this one surely is brighter but the overall felling is still melancholic, at least to me. It's very very good though. Ciau

copespeak
03-26-2014, 09:04 AM
Very soft and thoughtful Caesar. I do like this one.

Caesar
03-26-2014, 10:50 AM
Dear Gary, mice have to be gently tamed. Have You ever taken Yours out in a restaurant for dinner ?... parmesan and cheesecake as a menu.LOL:o;) The proportions were not considered too much, rather the lines curvatures in this case and a vaguely classical resting pose. Thank You.

It was a pleasure to drive along these curves, dear Victor, and to pour soft marble tones. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Amanda. I'm reasonably satisfied I got a luminous painting such as that of Your last Avatar.

Certainly not, dear Andrea. You rightfully found that Transparencies and reflections had dark tones and depth and I commented that additively obtained dark tones while highlights better described surface. That's why this luminous painting is substantially shallow. Thank You! Arverze né!

Thank You, dear Robyn. I feel I probably worked around the same issues intriguing Amedeo Modigliani too and got elements for a different, but connected style. I'll see if it is so by going on furtherly elaborating along this path too. Maybe the same origin of Modigliani helped me.

AndreaMG
03-26-2014, 11:04 AM
But this is not a shallow painting at all, it's bright and beautiful as the sunlight my Dear friend X) CE SE PIJA! SCIAO

pai
03-26-2014, 11:38 AM
I see that after few different color palette on abstract, you come back this soft, warm and brightful color palette. Very elegant pose and gentle too :)

Caesar
03-27-2014, 12:13 AM
Thank You, dear Andrea! That was what I looked for for representing the golden age, the Parnassus etc. ...

This was conceived as an high-key image, because of the warm and sunny feeling generally associated to classical art, dear Pai. Thank You!

Alexandra
03-27-2014, 01:04 AM
The palette and textures combined with a modern and a stylized hand make this even more beautiful dear Cesare. Great work!

stevemawmv
03-27-2014, 02:33 AM
Beautiful figure study, really like it Caesar! I kinda like the rich dark outlines of the image.
love the experiment....your mouse did well...give it a treat, he deserves one!
Steve

Caesar
03-28-2014, 01:38 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra! It may probably look lovely hanging on a bathroom wall ....:rolleyes:

Thank You, dear Steve! I gave my mouse a big piece of Emmenthaler after its recent drawing and painting performance.