PDA

View Full Version : Transparencies and Reflections

Caesar
03-25-2014, 03:59 AM
Recycling of scraps of sketches and old hotchpotches. I hope You like this pseudo-optical laws experiment too and get feelings and sensations from it ...

stevemawmv
03-25-2014, 04:48 AM
This is pretty cool Caesar...
How many image files are in there, and am I seeing a face or optical illusion with
the transparency values of the layers?
Really like this image/images....
Take care friend,
Steve

silvy
03-25-2014, 05:21 AM
Molto interessante questo esperimento di trasparenze e riflessi.
E' anche ecologico.....bisogna riciclare ogni cosa;)

Very interesting experiment of transparencies and reflections.
It 's also environmentally friendly ... we need to recycle everything;)

SilverO
03-25-2014, 06:01 AM
Its looks interesting. I like it:)

gxhpainter2
03-25-2014, 06:08 AM
Caesar you have created a mysterious jug containing ?? a magical elixir for artistic fulfillment.?? . how exciting!...I will take a glass !... another interesting study..

Ostogar
03-25-2014, 06:11 AM
This light creates a suggestive atmosphere.

copespeak
03-25-2014, 08:47 AM
So beautiful Caesar! A sign of a good work is that you want to look more, and this does it for me.

D Akey
03-25-2014, 09:03 AM
Intriguing image Caesar!

I think this approach could yield much. A good way to break up a canvas and a good way to abstract the relationships.

AndreaMG
03-25-2014, 09:11 AM
Wow, could it be the holy grail? Just beautiful, so deep, so dark :cool:

Marilyn Anne
03-25-2014, 03:15 PM
And lost and found edges. Very ethereal !

Caesar
03-25-2014, 10:27 PM
Dear Steve, there's fundamentally an old oil-like painting excercise over which I blended with one of the relevant modes (have to check which one in case) a layer with touches of gloop pen and added over and under few other strokes with other tools such as watercolor and crayon. Airbrush was required fo fine tuning and make the added highlights shine. Thank You!

Beh, cara Silvia, in qualche modo era un tentativo di estrarre e riportare, nella loro fluiditą ed emotivitą, ma anche immediatezza, mie memorie infantili degli umili oggetti nelle case di paese dei miei nonni e vecchi parenti cari. Grazie.
Well, dear Silvia, it was somehow an attempt to draw out and take back, in their fluidity ed emotion, but also immediacy, mia childhood memories of the humble objects in the village houses of my grannies and dear old relatives. Thank You.

Thank you, dear SilverO! I hope this painting may keep a little charm independent from style and age directly hooked to the essence of our perception and feelings.

Dear Gary, just a little contribution to infinite number of what we may possibly perceive and like and enjoy and we've not yet seen or may never see in our life. Not really an abstract nor a mere virtuality i think, or hope at least. Maybe that's the truly magical elixir for visual art available to anyone who wish to dare drinking it. Thank You!

Glad You find this in this painting, dear Ostogar! This should not depict or describe, rather provide all is required to evocate whatever feeling, perception and emotion out of our mind reaction to it. Thank You!

This is a top prize as said by You, dear Robyn! I'm really proud to have raised such an effect on an artist like You. Thank You very much.

Dear D Akey, actually intringuing is one of my driving quest in many of my attempts and a great deal of the fun and pleasure I may occasionally get in my efforts. The idea to find ways to compose some sort of possible or likely new reality from what essentially make real world feel so in our mind is absolutely exciting and even somehow relaxing almost effortless when it flows nicely, since You may use and rely mainly on the autopilot of intuition, of what You progressively see subconsciously or unconsciously letting Your harmonies or clashes emerge. I think this is a general talent we all may grow and I'm sure other people in here, because of their great personalities and stories, would get fantastic outputs, even more intriguing than the ones my probably simpler main drivers get. Thank You once more for Your guidance, dear friend.

Thank you, dear Andrea! The depths of darkness, as your words suggest, and surfacing of light, means also that we leave somehow with this painting, the flat surface of a pure black or of any other uniform colored area. Places of frenzy, lively activities and placid, restful zones and caves, the poles of life.

Dear Marilyn Ann, from Your wonderful comment I got the thought that what we perceive as a firm and concrete reality in its immediacy, may become fluid and ethereal in our memories and in poetries and still keep away from a too sloppy, dreamy fancy. Thank You!

pat1940
03-26-2014, 02:34 AM
Caesar, I like this a lot, when I look at it, I want to go behind and see what else is there, it has the effect of drawing me into the canvas

Caesar
03-26-2014, 03:14 AM
Your comment is a fantastic compliment, dear Pat! :D Thank You! I wish I painted such an attractor when I was young ... to entangle and trap some too curious nice girls into the canvas then too ... LOL:o;)

Victor Osaka
03-26-2014, 05:28 AM
It intrigues me - the complexity of a layered image. The neurons fire crazy when I look for the layered images.

mannafig
03-26-2014, 08:51 AM
Very nicely done dear Caesar.

Caesar
03-26-2014, 10:25 AM
It's certainly a deceptive image, dear Victor, at least that was part of the the intent, vraisemblance of a non-existing scene perception.Thank You.

Dear Amanda, thank You for Your expressed appreciation.

pai
03-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Another great abstract with cool color palette mixed with your transparency technique. I like it. :)

Caesar
03-27-2014, 12:07 AM
Thank You, dear Pai! This is a rare case when, for some unconscious reason, I like it too (I mean among my outcomes I'm rarely very satisfied).

Alexandra
03-27-2014, 01:06 AM
I want to reach in and touch it. A sensory attraction! Love love this!
Another beautiful and unique work dear Cesare!

Caesar
03-28-2014, 01:41 AM
Thank you, dear Sandra! You may certainly download and print my painting so You may keep touching and caressing it as much as You like ... LOL:D More seriously, thank you very much for Your enthusiastic comment, dear friend.