PDA

View Full Version : A study in grey

williamK
03-20-2014, 07:32 AM
First submission. As someone with no experience at art, geometric figures seemed a place to start. It seems (to me) that the use of stencils is an ArtRage strength. The stencils in most cases were made with Inkscape, also a useful tool.

AndreaMG
03-20-2014, 08:37 AM
Very interesting, it kinda reminds me of the old italian radiotelevision test signal :p

copespeak
03-20-2014, 08:41 AM
Cool, elegant and well balanced William! :cool:

gxhpainter2
03-20-2014, 10:15 AM
a good start, you have a nice sense of composition and balance in this try introducing one or two primary colors as a possible next step..:cool::cool:

D Akey
03-20-2014, 01:13 PM
Would this be called in the manner of the Bauhaus? Anyway, whatever it's called it's interesting how you introduced some irregularity into the diagonal parallel lines. Has it stand out a little like an artist might in society. The eye definitely jumps there, no matter how subtle, when the context is otherwise so perfectly shaped. Rudolf Arnheim would do well to use this as an example in his lectures.

stevemawmv
03-20-2014, 01:47 PM
Clean.... 'definitely Cool', and well balanced... even with the slight hint of minimalism.
I like it William!.....Enjoy Artrage and begin your experience in art!
Take care.....
Steve

Recent:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45586-Stevemawmv-Just-my-Paintings-(-New-Addition-Chiquita-No-1-Mar-15th-)/page40
Workshop:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45915-Painting-favorite-models

pai
03-20-2014, 01:59 PM
I like it even you said you have no art experience. You did way way better than my first piece when I tried on art. I love this study of grey. It will look good hanging in a modern home :) , welcome to the forum, hope you find more fun on Artrage and post more your creations :)

williamK
03-23-2014, 03:22 AM
Thanks for the observations. Happy you enjoyed it.

Caesar
03-23-2014, 04:02 AM
I like this geometric style even so colorless.
Apart from the RAI monoscope, I remind pretty well and with affection (together with the endless antennae rising and the music at start and end of broadcasts in the 60ies, dear Andrea), I also find some connection with the style of some Italian architecture modern masters in the 30ies aside and quite different from the canons used on the massive and highly rethorics institutional buildings during that Fascist decade.

Alexandra
03-23-2014, 05:42 AM
Very visual and appealing, great one!