PDA

View Full Version : Elsa - frozen character

Caesar
03-20-2014, 04:55 AM
A drawing upon request of my youngerv son to have a comics-like version of this animation character.
Made with mouse (pencil, waterecolor and glitter) and other Artrage tools (stickers and blade standard setting) on the background.

gxhpainter2
03-20-2014, 05:24 AM
ah to be able to quickly and quite expertly create such a fine illustrative painting of well known characters, just another one of your multifaceted talents. very well done!.. :cool::cool:

AndreaMG
03-20-2014, 07:02 AM
She's Elsa of Frozen grown up version, cool :cool: The ice effect is very good too! Bravo Cesare ;)

justjean
03-20-2014, 08:21 AM
Very nice Caesar. made me think of Snow White :D

copespeak
03-20-2014, 08:44 AM
She is a really sweet character Caesar! Very, very clever. :)

stevemawmv
03-20-2014, 12:57 PM
Good request!.....Elsa's a interesting charactor..... 'And as usual Dad has done a great job in the requested style for the image'.
I know your Son likes it, has he asked for anymore charactors to be done?
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
03-20-2014, 01:01 PM
Really cool Caesar. It's all proportioned nicely. If it ever comes to where you would show something they would like on a professional level, they are generally very fastidious about the cleanliness of their line quality. Generally smooth and not going back on itself. It's an acquired skill/discipline. And it's often off out radar until someone points the characteristic out. And often times two drawings are done where it is drawn in to get it all worked out and then a new drawing is traced over the top making it very clean.

But she looks a real honey. And I love the color treatment all over on her and in the background.

pai
03-20-2014, 02:14 PM
I like how you made use of so many tools to create that background and that icy/snowy feel. It's dreamy and fair tale like. She's so pretty, no wonder your son love her :)

mannafig
03-21-2014, 08:47 AM
She looks beautiful dear Caesar. Your son must be pleased with the result.

Alexandra
03-21-2014, 03:12 PM
I can't wait to see it, Cesare. We just purchased Rise of the Guardians, the artwork was amazing, of course William Joyce has always been a favorite of mine.
This is wonderful work indeed and such a beautiful character.

pat1940
03-21-2014, 04:06 PM
Caesar, this is adorable, your son must have loved this painting, I know I do, great work

Caesar
03-22-2014, 03:33 AM
Thank You, dear Gary. Maybe i should be a little less quick and more accurate building the sketch, but it gives the idea to some extent ...

She wasn't probably frozen enough to completely stop the process of aging, dear Andrea ... LOL;) Thank You!

Unfortunately animation characters aren't that nice and kind anymore, dear Jean ;) ... Thank You!

Thank you, dear Robyn. I mostly had fun with the background, testing how to use standard stickers ...

The problem, dear Steve, is that my kid at 14 is getting better than dad at comics drawing. He's got a good natural talent for that, so I can hardly fully satisfy his requests in several case, including this one. Thank You!

I subscribe what You say, dear D Akey. It's true I used the mouse here and I don't have great tablet, but maybe I should use tricks to improve. The one You suggest is what I follow more or less now in most cases, but I should probably try to refine it. Some features don't work well enough with a constant pressure, such as that of the mouse, for instance, tilt change sensing would be great, and it's hard to reinforce a line properly after selection. Filling isn't the right way since the lines get too thick and have to be kept within a continuous line and a limited tonal range. So I still draw better and more precisely by hand, but I also realize, beyond any excuse i may find, that I'm not and will never be Giotto, alas, as much as I may strive to ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pai. Stickers and other tools features would also be a wonderful shortcut for elaborating fantastic abstract textures ... I made some experiments thereabout in the past and outcomes can be interesting.

More or less, dear Amanda, more or less... Thank You!

I'm glad I worked on one of Your favorite authors, dear Sandra. Enjoy the movie then, a quite beatiful one, according to my younger son. Thank You!

Thank You, dear Pat! So I've got an additional daughter liking dad's drawings with You ...;):oLOL