PDA

View Full Version : Artful virtuality

Caesar
03-18-2014, 09:24 PM
An experiment cooking in various blending modes pieces of my tribute to Rockwell and my ballerina silhouette. I hope You may like the unconventional outcome which is intriguing enough being as much figurative as abstract in my opinion. Anyway it was a fun ...

mannafig
03-18-2014, 10:53 PM
Caesar this is lovely truly I have missed your work.

Caesar
03-19-2014, 02:44 AM
Dear Amanda, I'm absolutely glad to see You back! Actually we (old Artrage veterans) missed You no less than Your artpieces and magical pencil!
You were not the only one missing. I even started a couple of threads for rescuing lost mates and You were in the list of missing in action troopers, thus about to be wanted and chased by bounty rescuers. I would have provided images and identikits to spot You on the web. LOL;):o
Anyway there are quite a few of my fun threads in no more of two or three last pages, here in the main Forum, in case, and some surprise in the After 9 section, provided You're allowed to attend that ill-famed place. ;):o:DLOL
Thank You!

gxhpainter2
03-19-2014, 03:12 AM
Caesar, excellent work my friend!.. I applaud your creativity and willingness to explore a new area. I like the organization of spaces, and overall image. the subtle changes like the umbrella, the silhouette against the abstract background. There is fertile ground here for you I think, I hope you do a few more...:cool::cool::cool:

justjean
03-19-2014, 03:14 AM
An interesting and different path for you with great results, Caesar :):)

stevemawmv
03-19-2014, 04:00 AM
Dear Caesar...
I find this piece to be extremely intriguing! Fantastic.. as if the art is viewing and admiring
Itself and is captivated in what it sees!
Really like it!
Take care friend,
Steve

eighty+
03-19-2014, 04:54 AM
Hail O Caesar O Mighty One Yes it look's like that Scot Vetarano's Style ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA SLAINTE STATTE BBUONE SI SI

Didn't know U liked Cezanne Bless your rotten Sock's

D Akey
03-19-2014, 07:19 AM
Me and my shadow. . . strolling down the avenue. . .
and into the art gallery and to stop for a coffee and croissant
and to pick up some milk at the market and a couple lotto tickets and post a couple letters. . . ya ta ta ta ta ta. . .
Yeah, I had the song until life got in the way. Needs work.

However, Caesar, and Mrs Coops. . . a piece of advice. Just stay positive. Abstract art can be fun as well even if the dancer can't quite find her way onto the canvas for all the colored asteroids.

Funny idea.

pat1940
03-19-2014, 07:41 AM
Caesar, this is very creative, you must be so young at heart as you are always experimenting with different ideas, this keeps your mind and heart young, like it very much

copespeak
03-19-2014, 08:23 AM
A real change from your usual work Caesar. Quite fascinating! :cool:

AndreaMG
03-19-2014, 08:48 AM
Nice one Dear Caesar, I like the inverted colors which contribute to add misery and tension to the painting. :cool: Ciau

pai
03-19-2014, 12:43 PM
Awwww, I LOVE IT SO MUCH !! ;) My best favorite of yours. I really like this unconventional one. How amazing you have approached different style and imagination. You're in different zone. \Woot/ ! I totally cannot get my eyes off on this painting. I keep clicking it. The dancer's movement so alive to me. Then the quiet audience. A totally contrast. I wish I have more words to describe how I feel about this painting. Brilliant, beautiful, creative, great detailed painted, simply just Awesome :):):) More please........ ! ;)

Alexandra
03-19-2014, 02:23 PM
Wow, fantastic, Cesare. Rockwell meets Dr. Who.
Love this!

Caesar
03-19-2014, 10:37 PM
FOREWORDS
It looks like I'd better try more figurative abstractions reading so many wonderful comments from You, dear mates. Actually what I did was much like what our grannies and ancestors often did in Italy countryside and villages, that is to use poor ingredients, what could be found or products bred, developped, evolved, gathered in thst specific place, left-overs of food and invent with them a recipe and fine tune its preparation process to best exalt the flavours of the basic natural components.
I practically did the same and cooked up some element by composing, blending, tuning, adiding here and there ballasts, recalls, texture hints etc. trying to keep a chromatic, tonal and weight harmony intuitively. There are, most likely many other combination or reworking on of the same elements which could be possible which would provide even better and certainly different outcomes. This is a marvellous opportunity with virtual painting and ArtRage in particular, since I start use "natural" elements: what I previously painted by hand on ArtRage, what I got directly from artRage tools and my elaboration in terms of textures, stickers etc. without importing and photomanipulating pictures or other images.

HEARTFELT THANKS TO EACH ONE OF MY DEAR FRIENDS HEREBELOW

Dear Gary, You was certainly my number one inspiration to resume exploration of new possibilities and abstractions. What You keenly observed is very much in line with my actual little contributions to get this mostly "self-shaping" image.

Dear Jean, Your solid and consistant style evolution is a lesson to me.

Dear Steve, as usual Your enthusiastic words captured a sense and a meaning which resonates with my own while painting or rather making, cooking up it.

Dear ATPlus, Your unique humor conceals a great natural understanding and knowledge of art and a passion I utmost admire. Wipe off that emotional tear now, dear friend ... LOL:o;)

Dear D Akey, in Your own inimitable way You noticed that art expression, either sophisticated, gracefully ethereal, intellectual or concrete, everydays life inspired may cohexist without clashing in Your life or on a support, canvas etc. with Your active intervention to provide an even minimal contribution to its revelation. Maybe a narrated a satisfying day where any activity got its place and time to happen and a visit to some sort of art exhibitions painted a unique memory of visions and feelings and sensations ...

You're right, dear Pat, that's one of the cases when I don't feel my full age anymore, I feel joyful and immediate as a child and I'm almost pulsing back to the light and love around me which for a while dissipates all contingent negative news, experience, deeds etc. and promises a final transfiguration of reality. Thanks God mankind has got this talent to create and transcend too ...

Dear Robyn, I lost the opportunity or the illusion to be a real artist, but I rather like the possibility to be surprising each now and then in my playful exploration of art, drives and opportunities.

Dear Andrea, this chromatic scheme appears to me as a good way to get this image independent from a specific time and age of its elements. It may be from a remote past, from yesterday or a yet to come moment. It's somehow ever-existingly frozen on the space-time fabric ...

Dear Pai, I'm really moved by Your words and have the feeling that here a somehow resonated with your emotions, feelings and thoughts. Maybe the palette is very close to Your mood, the graceful movement of the dancer with the grace You have and spread all over Your art, the concrete and still parts of the composition recall Your full awareness and courage facing the real life with goes together with Your sublime pursue of Yourdreams and wishes which could well be a new, superior reality in Your case, since You seem to be all but a sloppy romantic teen ager. In a word, most likely, the beauty You see here is a reflection of the beauty of Your soul rather than what I possibly expressed as a actuating "tool".

Dear Sandra, as You brilliantly say, the familiar, normal, conventional, reassuring world let progressively leak in a mysterious, weird, effective reality underneath its appearance and it is submerged and dramatically changed by it.

coops
03-20-2014, 01:43 AM
This is great Cesare and so different:)

Caesar
03-20-2014, 04:57 AM
Thank You, dear Katie. Dancing was a must even on abstractions ....:)

HarlequiNQB
03-21-2014, 05:45 PM
Really like this one! I mean I like most of your work, but this one especially. I like that each segment is a slightly different style from the rest, and yet it all works and feels complimentary. I like the fluidity of the one figure balanced with the stillness of the other. I like how the still figure is near colourless, and looks almost printed with albumen and silver nitrate, while the dancer is a silhouette, yet exploding with colour.

Basically, this rocks :)

Victor Osaka
03-21-2014, 07:06 PM
Just thinking how wonderful it is to be amongst so many really fantastic artists. Love your illustration.

Caesar
03-22-2014, 03:05 AM
Thank You, dear HarlequinB! What a very insightful and brilliant comment!

You're too kind indeed, dear Victor. Thank you and welcome.