PDA

View Full Version : Hoping

justjean
03-17-2014, 06:02 AM
I'm hoping the yard soon looks like this even if I do have to use a scythe to cut the grass :D (I know I`m dreaming :rolleyes: )

gxhpainter2
03-17-2014, 06:31 AM
Jean what a sweet paintin! very homey and I hope warm spring weather finds you before too long..:cool:

eighty+
03-17-2014, 06:38 AM
Bloody Dandylions they get everywhere Jean Dodgy things those Scythe's Give in or let the grass grow ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

AndreaMG
03-17-2014, 06:55 AM
Ah ah, it sure will soon. The butterfly must be on its way right now :)

pat1940
03-17-2014, 06:58 AM
I am dreaming this too Jean and your painting makes me feel it will come soon, lovely job

justjean
03-17-2014, 07:53 AM
Thanks for peeking in Gary, Mr Ploos, Andrea and Pat it's much appreciated but as the snow is still about up to my car windows on both sides of the driveway I think it will be awhile yet :D

Marilyn Anne
03-17-2014, 10:06 AM
I remember severe winters like that as we used to live in Rochester , NY.

copespeak
03-17-2014, 10:16 AM
I can't imagine snow piled up around the windows. We have had snow only twice in 20 years here. Sweet little painting Jean.

stevemawmv
03-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Nothing wrong with hoping and dreaming....
Soon enough though Jean, we be out there
pruning, watering and cutting....
I like your yard!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
03-17-2014, 06:31 PM
A SCYTHE?!?!?!? Hahaha. Oh, you are in one of those places where Spring comes in with a vengeance because it has a short-ish window in the year?

Well, when you're out in the fields, be sure to post pictures so we can pretend to be mad post-Impressionists. Or you can maybe get some sheep. . . Mowing the lawn was never one of my best enterprises. So take that with a grain of salt.

Fun vision, JustJean!

coops
03-18-2014, 12:08 AM
Spring is here over here so my grass is cut sorry Jean lol. Great painting though:)

justjean
03-18-2014, 03:33 AM
Marilyn Anne thanks and it still looks wintery here :)

I couldn't imaging living where there was no snow I'm so used to it Robyn ;)

Steve, I'll only be outside supervising the cutting :cool:

Mr DA, here's a pic for you of a visitor to my place and what it looked like a few days ago :D

Katie, your so lucky sunshine and green grass I think it will be a few days before I see grass :)

Alexandra
03-18-2014, 05:52 AM
Hi Jean, I love your painting. I think if it stops raining I will have to cut grass for three days.
I love the deer and the trees in your beautiful photo too. You know, the deer sometimes walk up to our fence in the back yard, they seem so tame at times, my dog doesn't even bark.
Have a nice day dear lady.

pai
03-18-2014, 06:49 AM
I can feel spring is not far by looking at your sweet painting. I know sometimes those dandelion in the yard get lots of trouble, but, not in your painting though :) I love it. Also as Sandy said, I reall love that deer photo. I saw them few times while driving in winter. This photo reminds me the Disney cartoon, Bambi :D

justjean
03-18-2014, 11:01 AM
Sandy, I'm lazy and have someone cut it for me and that deer was looking in my window but started up the driveway before I got my camera :D

pai, thank you :D, the deer are nice but I do wish they would no eat my hosta blooms :(

gxhpainter2
03-18-2014, 11:42 AM
justjean... great photo, yep you have a lot of snow to enjoy!.:rolleyes: looks like a great snow scene painting.. I used to love to do snow scenes in oils... and trees.. I used books by
Richard Schmid I loved his creative style. .:cool: funny all those paintings were snatched up right away...

Caesar
03-19-2014, 02:17 AM
A lovely wishful painting ... LOL;)

justjean
03-19-2014, 03:17 AM
Thanks for peeking in Gary and I had a look at Richard Schmids paintings and they are wonderful :)

Thanks Caesar, just a fun one :D

D Akey
03-19-2014, 10:06 AM
That's one seriously posh trap door that deer has on 'er long johns. If ever there was a "Chase me chase me, boys" as told through the language of fashion. . this be it. And she loves to have her picture taken. . . she'll be a star one day this one.