PDA

View Full Version : Sybil's Dream

gxhpainter2
03-16-2014, 12:40 PM
I love what layers and transparency can do in the digital realm.. like the wisps of a dream..they layer and fold in on each other defining a new world.

jibes
03-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Gary. Sybil's dream is very well done. Evokes feelings and emotions to be sure!
I love the color scheme and value dominance in play here. Piece of dark in a large light with some great textures to boot. Good work!

copespeak
03-16-2014, 05:46 PM
Mmmmmm... soft and drifty, and invites you in! :)

Victor Osaka
03-16-2014, 07:15 PM
wow. very nice. transparency very cool.

stevemawmv
03-16-2014, 07:55 PM
Hi Gary....
I' am both fascinated and curious with your painting of Sybil's Dream....
Transparent layers overlapping one another never divulging what is
real, and what is not. Love the dreamy colors.... mellow and quite soothing.
'Wrap it up...I'll take'....
Take care friend,
Steve

AndreaMG
03-17-2014, 06:53 AM
Really like it, it looks like that in the black area something is coming down from above, it must be our dreams dancing into our minds while sleeping... Gorgeous :cool:

pat1940
03-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Gary, I love , love this one, the black in the background makes all the colors pop, beautiful shapes and colors, fantastic work

gxhpainter2
03-17-2014, 07:14 AM
Gary. Sybil's dream is very well done. Evokes feelings and emotions to be sure!
I love the color scheme and value dominance in play here. Piece of dark in a large light with some great textures to boot. Good work! thanks Neal, I worked quite a bit on the values in this and in the end having that dark element really made the other soft areas read well and pushed the idea of a dreamscape even more.

Mmmmmm... soft and drifty, and invites you in! :) yes just lay back and let your mind drift...:rolleyes:...:):)

wow. very nice. transparency very cool. thank you Victor for stopping by and leaving a comment.

Hi Gary....
I' am both fascinated and curious with your painting of Sybil's Dream....
Transparent layers overlapping one another never divulging what is
real, and what is not. Love the dreamy colors.... mellow and quite soothing.
'Wrap it up...I'll take'....
Take care friend,
Steve thanks Steve I appreciate you comments, your latest work is sure a marvel, I love the diversity of high quality work on this forum... don't you?

Really like it, it looks like that in the black area something is coming down from above, it must be our dreams dancing into our minds while sleeping... Gorgeous :cool:AndreaMG I love your comment, "dreams dancing into our minds" very poetic and well put... thank you!.

Gary, I love , love this one, the black in the background makes all the colors pop, beautiful shapes and colors, fantastic work thank you Pat I am going to make a print of this one...:cool::cool::):):)

justjean
03-17-2014, 08:02 AM
Perhaps Sybil is dreaming of sweeping away the dark to let the light in , great colours shapes and texture , Gary

D Akey
03-17-2014, 05:56 PM
I like it! Really feels deep. And it's very pleasing to the eye. Well done, Gxhpainter! In my free association, I kinda get a fantasy cross between Marc Chagall and the very old Little Nemo cartoons, plus a very strong personal voice on your own part with the division of shapes and color choices. And Sybil was vague and rolling out the ambiguity wasn't she. . . and all the while she could claim it she was right. And often times looking at abstraction kicks in a similar set of 'muscles'.

Caesar
03-17-2014, 09:01 PM
Really oustanding! This painting is somehow pulsing and breathing!

coops
03-18-2014, 12:03 AM
Love this one, seems to warm around one like a warm blanket. Well done Gary:)

pai
03-18-2014, 08:31 AM
Awesome abstract painting. Feels like the colorful dreams outside not reaching in the center of deep hole yet. The colorful dream still expands and overlaps each others since they are transparent and not yet solid. Interesting that large shape of orange palette looks like a warmful path with little touch of two green trees. That's how I see it. Loving this painting :)

gxhpainter2
03-18-2014, 10:35 AM
Perhaps Sybil is dreaming of sweeping away the dark to let the light in , great colours shapes and texture , Gary thank you justjean, sweeping away the dark is well put..

I like it! Really feels deep. And it's very pleasing to the eye. Well done, Gxhpainter! In my free association, I kinda get a fantasy cross between Marc Chagall and the very old Little Nemo cartoons, plus a very strong personal voice on your own part with the division of shapes and color choices. And Sybil was vague and rolling out the ambiguity wasn't she. . . and all the while she could claim it she was right. And often times looking at abstraction kicks in a similar set of 'muscles'. thanks D Akey I am a little amazed at the reception this has received, happy as it was kind of just following an idea I got while thinking about some old oil paintings I found clean out the closet.... and how in oils darks are thin and transparent and when "painting" with light in the digital world darks are the subtraction of other colors, I was wishing we could build transparent darks.. and I guess we can after a fashion... anyway I digress, thanks for your comments..

Really oustanding! This painting is somehow pulsing and breathing! lovely Caesar, can anything better be said about an abstract that it is pulsing and breathing? I think not... thanks my friend.

Love this one, seems to warm around one like a warm blanket. Well done Gary:) Katie, thanks and what a pleasure to have you drop by and comment :):)

Awesome abstract painting. Feels like the colorful dreams outside not reaching in the center of deep hole yet. The colorful dream still expands and overlaps each others since they are transparent and not yet solid. Interesting that large shape of orange palette looks like a warmful path with little touch of two green trees. That's how I see it. Loving this painting :) pai... thank you I am glad you like this one.:cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
03-18-2014, 11:46 AM
Textures combined beautifully, and such an interesting and pleasing view Gary.
Another gorgeous painting.

gxhpainter2
03-21-2014, 09:39 AM
Thanks Sandy, I read that you are doing some abstracts in Pai's thread, weren't her works amazing! no doubt yours will be as well can't wait to see them.