PDA

View Full Version : Asketch drawing

jibes
03-15-2014, 05:39 PM
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the App "ASKetch" or not. It's a super program for the iPad and iphone. It's great for doing quick sketches in an expressive way. This is a drawing (Moonlight walk) that I did tonight in about 5 minuets and then brought into AR and colorized it (ASKetch Is just Black and white), then added a few touches here and there.
I just thought I'd share my feelings about it because I think it's one of the best apps I have seen. When I first ran it I thought it didn't work because it was a completely blank screen but that's the way it comes up. Very simple to use. Check it out and check out the Utube vids on it. Very useful!

jibes
03-15-2014, 06:00 PM
Here is another done quickly.

copespeak
03-15-2014, 07:08 PM
Beautiful expressive lines Jibes. :cool:

Alexandra
03-16-2014, 02:26 AM
I love the vivid colors and strokes, Neal.

jibes
03-17-2014, 08:27 AM
Thanks copespeak and Sandy!

D Akey
03-17-2014, 06:15 PM
Fun direction, almost like free form abstract Tiffany windows where the color is not so thick as they use in those windows and lamps, but more like clear glass with hints of color. And the black reminds me of the frame which also is not so rigid. Cool.

coops
03-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Love the second one Neal is really dreamlike:)

gxhpainter2
03-18-2014, 04:13 AM
Neal... l like the expressive black lines and soft colors.... this work flow gives a very watercolor like effect...

pai
03-18-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi Jibes, I played with that app you mentioned here. It's very fun and I never thought of bringing it into Artrage. What a creative idea to see how you combine both and created such expressive abstract landscapes to me. I really like the second one a lot with that color palette. Thanks for sharing your creative idea. Very inspiring :)