PDA

View Full Version : Globalization and migrations

Caesar
03-12-2014, 10:43 PM
It's not Christmas, but it's always time to have fun by breaking usual, conventional idea for selling cokes ... LOL:o

Forgive me, but I had to reload me a little before resuming this quick attempt to capture some of the Young Klimt unbelieveable mastery ... (see herebelow my initial attempt to get flesh tones on ine layer only and a detail of the original one)

copespeak
03-13-2014, 12:35 AM
All that milky white skin! Isn't she gorgeous? I haven't seen this Klimt, even though I have a large book dedicated to his work.

Your effort is pretty nice too Caesar! Now Santa? Hmmm.... he's pretty cute as well! :cool:

coops
03-13-2014, 12:44 AM
Nice pic of Santa Cesare, he deserves a holiday oh and a bath.:)
Your painting of the lady is exceptional work Cesare. :)

SilverO
03-13-2014, 01:16 AM
I sometimes want to draw Santa even when it's not Christmas, glad I'm not the only one :p
The second one looks really good, I like the colours of the skin especially the nose. Pretty!

Caesar
03-13-2014, 02:04 AM
Thank You, dear Robyn. That's what we would poetically call una pelle eburnea, that is, more prosaically translated into "an ivory skin". Its light tone, subtle reflectivity and translucency is absolutely intriguing just as the other extreme of a very dark skin tones, warm and cool low tones in the various parts, and looking glossy and shining where the light impinges hortogonally. Rendering of different human skin tones and textures in different lights and environments is among the most fascinating subjects and studies to me. I'll probably resume this exercise sooner or later and push it furtherly to improve the effect.

This Santa Klaus is always so much engaged with his work, dear Katie, that he never had a holiday. He's also got a nomination for the Academy Award for a movie entitled " 800 years slave of children" ... LOL:o;) As for the lady, I momentarily stopped it at less than halfway and I'm glad it gives at least a idea of the masterpiece I took as a reference. Thank You!

Thank You, dear SilverO for blessing this off-season illustration. I think that white hair and beard are a better frame for the darker than usual skin tones of this jolly good fellow.

justjean
03-13-2014, 05:09 AM
Both are lovely but me thinks the chimney should have been cleaned before Santa arrived :) and I like the lady with her pug nose :)

jibes
03-13-2014, 01:45 PM
Caesar, Great work on your copy ( a great way to learn ) and a funny cartoon!

Caesar
03-14-2014, 02:40 AM
Dear Jean, it was Santa's fault to come off time, I guess ... The lady is quite buttery, so I like her me too ... with some marmelade or black cherry jam maybe.:rolleyes::oLOL Thank You!

Thank You, dear Jibes! It's quite a long time I left landscapes and abstracts though ... Maybe it's time to get back to those subjects too.:rolleyes::)

pat1940
03-14-2014, 03:02 AM
There is that funny sense of humor again Caesar and love it, also great lady, she looks so proud, I think that is because the Great Caesar painted her lol

Caesar
03-14-2014, 03:08 AM
Thank You, dear Pat! That lady is certainly a little vain, but wasn't patient enough to let me finish her painting ... LOL;):o

AndreaMG
03-14-2014, 08:41 AM
What a funny Santa Dear Caesar. He looks like he landed right into the Klimt lady's house. By the way terrific job, I also checked the full painting online, breathtaking.

gxhpainter2
03-14-2014, 09:22 AM
Caesar...800 years a Slave to Childern :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:... had me laughing out loud... very funny....and your painting of the lady is exquistite with just the touchs of color and the dramatic black and fashion of that dress... super image..

D Akey
03-14-2014, 05:08 PM
Hahaha.

So you're still in holiday mode? Also the one of the girl, what a tremendous lifelike painting you're using as a model. Talk about technique! You gave it a nice go.

There's a decided gulf between what you're going after skill wise (cartoon and fine portrait). But they are both challenging and I believe you are well on your way with the cartooning because you have really good drawing skills. The other will come if you choose to go that route, but you can see that it's not the kind of picture one makes up out of their head so convincingly.

That's painting as you see it. . . precisely and maybe with some certain enhancements to bring out special qualities. Whoever painted that original, I hope they got paid a fortune because that level of flattery is beyond criticism both for him as painter and her as sitter. Yeah, aristocracy and art. Gotta love it whether appealing to them or just painting them because of all the cool stuff they had around. Lots of style.

Go for it brother. You can certainly get there if you want to.

Alexandra
03-14-2014, 10:50 PM
I love your Santa, Cesare. BTW, I just downloaded most of Baum's Santa stories onto my kindle.
I loved reading his Santa stories and how he was raised by the forest fairies. (I am always inspired by the old classic children's stories:p)
I am sure he is whatever any child wants him to be, but is usually an undercover daddy.
The woman is beautiful. Wonderfully done!

Caesar
03-14-2014, 11:41 PM
Indeed, dear Andrea, indeed! I always suspected Klimt were an absolute natural talent apart from a great master and the skills, senitivity and techniques shown on this painting are, quite apart from the artistic value, almost supernatural. Thank You!

Thank you, dear Gary! I always have a slight tendency to be iconoclast towards stereotypes and I turn that attitude into funny ideas. As for the lady exercise I will have to resume it and try do do my best to grasp some of Gustav Klimt's extraordinary skills ...

Thank You for Your most kind and flattering words, dear D Akey.
I'm mostly in holiday mode when painting or drawing, its for fun after all!
I was really enchanted by the technical level of Klimt here as well as by the subject whoc semm to be still living and breating, even slightly blushing. This challenge to get closer and closer to such a marvel with ArtRage will not end with this attempt, but I will always try within my rules, i.e. no tracing, no color picking and the least of the layers, ideally no more than a two or three for the figure.

Dear Sandra, since You love Santa I may resume also this very old one herebelow for You then! Not sure it's appropriate for kids though ... LOL;):o
The aristocratic girl was quite appealing ... paintingwise I mean.:D
Thank You!