PDA

View Full Version : Holy Light

Levent Suberk
03-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Green Mosque in Bursa, afternoon.

henna
03-03-2007, 02:42 AM
Sevgili Levent , bu mükemmel bir çalışma..Adeta bir fotoğraf gibi...Çalışmalarınızı yakından takip ediyorum...Başarılarınızın devamını diliyorum....Saygılar
Dear Levent .Wonderful. :o
Regards...

ENCHANTER
03-03-2007, 03:10 AM
Yes wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

I like it very much!
:D

maror
03-03-2007, 07:17 AM
another levent masterpiece....

greez

Selby
03-03-2007, 10:32 AM
beautiful light..love the turqoise and sienna colours

Selby

heikki
03-03-2007, 08:41 PM
:)

Fine work Levent.

:)

Fashmir
03-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Very beautiful work Levent. It glows.

pai
03-03-2007, 10:19 PM
I really like the anlge of the view. Really nice.

Levent Suberk
03-04-2007, 01:10 AM
Dear Henna, Enchanter, Maror, Selby, Heikki, Fashmir and Pai, thank you for your comments.

Thirsty Eye
03-04-2007, 02:55 AM
Perfect, I can say.

Real art.

I like the Arabic calligraphy being set at the top of the entrance. Well done.

jacktar51
03-04-2007, 03:48 AM
Dear Levent... I am pleased to see you are still in form... Very good painting here... I like to see your stuff, I know its all your own work..... Jack.

Levent Suberk
03-06-2007, 12:40 AM
Dear Thirsty Eye and Jacktar, thank you for your comments.

D Akey
03-06-2007, 12:19 PM
Hi Levent,

This may be your most successful painting so far depicting the play between light and shadow.

It's fantastic.

The color in the light areas is particularly vivid. It plays beautifully off of the neutrality of the shadow areas, and gives the painting plenty of range and lots of kick.

When I first saw it, I felt moved because it is so dynamic.

What is being said in the writing on the wall? I have no way to translate it, yet I am sure it is not simply there for ornamental purposes.

Could we get a translation?

Without knowing what it says, I expect someone from Heaven coming down to be with us who carries the Divine knowing (by the inside staircase) and then steps out into an illuminated place as a radiant being -- into a world that resonates with the Light and amplifies it.

Inner Divine guidance and application in the outer world which becomes suddenly sanctified.

Perhaps this place is analogous to the place of Moses on Mt. Sinai, or Jesus in the desert, or a Native American seeking vision in a Sweat Lodge, or receiving enlightenment, or a pilgrim receiving Divine Inspiration while on the Haj. . .

To me it represents the place of transformation.

Congratulations. I've been expecting such a painting from you.

You just moved your painting up yet another notch in my opinion.

DaveRage
03-06-2007, 05:56 PM
The light is just fantastic, and the way you've used the direction of the brush strokes.

Levent Suberk
03-06-2007, 11:49 PM
Dear D Akey and DaveRage, thank you for comments.

Dear D Akey, the writing on the wall is a holy verse from Holy Quran, but I don't know arabic and can't translate it, I didn't ask the meaning of this verse in the Green Mosque any. If I can learn the meaning of this holy verse, I will send the translation. Your saying "You just moved your painting up yet another notch in my opinion." is true, I was in an achievement with ArtRage, it is a little different with real oil painting so I needed time, and after six months since my first painting with ArtRage, now I know the responses of ArtRage program, which is the best software for any artist and second to none. Thanks for your detailed comment again.