PDA

View Full Version : This is where I am at with my rose.

Saphire
03-08-2014, 01:50 PM
I have still some work to do on this Rose with shading, but think i have managed to get the water droplets right. I did an initial trace of the photo to make it easier for myself for placing things, i have to do that because i cant see the whole image, it has to be zoomed in 800%.
Any comments would be apreciated.79795

jmac
03-08-2014, 05:35 PM
Well you certainly can see those water drops very well. Beautifully done!

copespeak
03-08-2014, 05:42 PM
Really lovely work! Those droplets are such fun to do. :)

Saphire
03-08-2014, 09:50 PM
Thank you jmac,

Robyn, they were fun once I got the hang of how to create the wet look, its making sure the lighting is in the correct place the bubbles are on a seperate layer so I can go back and make miner corrections.

Fiawin
03-31-2014, 08:38 AM
It's absolutely stunning.
Artwork is fun, isn't it? You can create anything from only a picture in your head.
There sure are a lot of water droplets.
Wonderful job! ;) Maybe add a little more detail to the background? You could make it so there are vague shapes of leaves behind the rose.
Maybe even add some leaves to the rose... :o Sorry, I'm just brainstorming.
Roses with dew drops are a good way to practice water, plants, textures, shading, and much more. :)
I love it!

Saphire
03-31-2014, 12:15 PM
Thank you Fiawin for your input.
I did think about putting blurred leaves in the background but decided i didnt want anything taken from the main subject the Rose and the water droplets so kept that area simple. When I originaly took the photo I positioned myself and the tripod in a position that made the Rose floating with macro.
I have posted the final painting in the Gallery http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?46568-Rose-After-the-rain-(Ipad)&highlight=Rose

Victor Osaka
03-31-2014, 01:25 PM
It is wonderful. I'd like to see more dimensionality with the petal on the 10-11 o'clock position. I can't tell how it is contoured. A stem with a couple of leaves would anchor the rose IMHO.

stevemawmv
03-31-2014, 03:10 PM
Your in a very good place with your rose Christine......it's absolutely beautiful!
Nicely done....
Take care,
Steve

My Gallery:http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/34590