PDA

View Full Version : Along the Silk Road

gxhpainter2
03-08-2014, 07:32 AM
images of rich silks, jewels, dry and wild landscape where men tread to find riches.

D Akey
03-08-2014, 08:09 AM
Nice pastel feel. Interesting combo. It's as if the strokes, for all their brashness, are moderated by the pleasing colors. Sort of as if a rough-around-the-edges guy just got married and she's dressing him better to go to church and socialize with her crowd. Nice image I think many homes would have no problem hanging owing to the pleasing harmony of it, yet with a little jazzy-ness for some spice.

copespeak
03-08-2014, 08:14 AM
It is spicy Gary. I really do like your scribbly passage down the bottom and the shooting stars top right, and the rest of it too! :cool:

gxhpainter2
03-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Nice pastel feel. Interesting combo. It's as if the strokes, for all their brashness, are moderated by the pleasing colors. Sort of as if a rough-around-the-edges guy just got married and she's dressing him better to go to church and socialize with her crowd. Nice image I think many homes would have no problem hanging owing to the pleasing harmony of it, yet with a little jazzy-ness for some spice. ah the smells of turmeric, cumin, saffron and the rustle of beautiful silks... I would have loved to hang around during the heyday of the Silk Road.. wouldn't you? thanks for your comments glad I socialized this one a bit before turning it loose on the forum here. :rolleyes::cool:

It is spicy Gary. I really do like your scribbly passage down the bottom and the shooting stars top right, and the rest of it too! :cool: thanks robyn.. those were a couple passages I liked as well.. I really had fun "burning" in some of the colors by setting a layer to darken and painting on it with a neutral gray at about 50% opacity.. the bottom scribbly passage was one of those areas

Marilyn Anne
03-09-2014, 03:47 AM
Truly a mixture of colors that I have around me. Love those pinks, oranges, turquoise together. Ver exuberant !

pat1940
03-09-2014, 05:41 AM
For me, this is a very cheerful piece Gary, with many of your beautiful colors

AndreaMG
03-09-2014, 07:51 AM
The use of colors on this one sure deliver an image of gold or silk in this case and all the things that revolve around them. Nicely done ^^

coops
03-10-2014, 12:04 AM
I like this one very much, maybe it is because I am reading a book which mentions The Silk Road. Love it:)

Caesar
03-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Yes! I can also see where's Samarcanda and its rich collection of different peoples and cultures involved in trading and having a good time!

gxhpainter2
03-10-2014, 06:45 AM
a big thanks to everyone, so happy you all like this, I think we should meet at the local bazaar market for tea..:cool::cool:

stevemawmv
03-10-2014, 09:59 AM
Gary...
The adventurous traders in their caravans...crossing rivers, mountain passes and endless stretches of untamed wildernesses. A celebration of wonder and curiosity in each city and village along the way...
The traders have arrived!..Bringing treasures from lands thought only as myths and legends...'they're true, the legends true'! Such wonders have arrived!
Well..with my way to many words, I obviously enjoyed viewing this one as well Gary!
Take care friend,
Steve

Alexandra
03-11-2014, 02:54 AM
A weaver's dream dear Gary, more beautiful work from you!

gxhpainter2
03-11-2014, 06:05 AM
Gary...
The adventurous traders in their caravans...crossing rivers, mountain passes and endless stretches of untamed wildernesses. A celebration of wonder and curiosity in each city and village along the way...
The traders have arrived!..Bringing treasures from lands thought only as myths and legends...'they're true, the legends true'! Such wonders have arrived!
Well..with my way to many words, I obviously enjoyed viewing this one as well Gary!
Take care friend,
Steve Steve you really have caught the spirit of this piece! thanks my friend..:):):)

A weaver's dream dear Gary, more beautiful work from you! thanks dear Sandy, pleased you like this one..the colors are a bit different for me but I like the feeling they gave to this piece.