03-03-2014, 12:25 AM
Ref from web, done in oil

Alexandra
03-03-2014, 01:19 AM
Cheerful spring time painting Pat.
Beautiful work!

AndreaMG
03-03-2014, 08:11 AM
I like the mood and the color tone of this piece, nicely done! :)

copespeak
03-03-2014, 08:33 AM
A sweet painting Pat. I really like your flowers bottom left! :)

stevemawmv
03-03-2014, 08:58 AM
Vintage Lady, such a classy Lady....
I like it, colors and flowers are a 'popping with spring notes!
Nicely done Pat!
Take care,
Steve

justjean
03-03-2014, 06:08 PM
Pat, she is lovely and it brought to mind tea time with the ladies :D

Caesar
03-03-2014, 09:35 PM
She's finely dressed, apparently pale and wan, almost swooning ... the canon across the XIX and XK centuries I guess, or in the '20ies. Very good.

coops
03-05-2014, 01:35 AM
What a lovely lady she is, well done Pat:)

limey-g
03-05-2014, 04:00 AM
Lovely painting Pat, certainly looks like Easter time in her Easter bonnet and lovely delicate dress.

Geoff

gxhpainter2
03-05-2014, 04:14 AM
Pat, what a nice work, great color palette, and I agree the little bouquet of flowers are very nicely done.

D Akey
03-05-2014, 05:04 AM
Looks great Pat. Nice flowers. I really love those star gazers or lilies (whatever they are called). Nice and delicate.

I think the only suggestion I have is to keep an eye on the structure of the face. I can see you were working the details. But it got a little bit away from you I think in that you didn't quite have the placement accurate. But that comes in time when you learn to work up the structure axes and so on before diving in.

It's seductive to just go for it when you're all fired up and raring to go. But it's analogous to tuning your guitar before playing. So with the guitar even if the note you use to tune the rest of the guitar to is off, if the guitar is tuned relative to itself, if you're playing solo, you have no worries because the song will be right.

The pros that I know do quick 30 second structure lines as a matter of course with a little extra attention placed on the face/head and hands because those are most important to get right. But you attend to whatever needs attention. But doing the face/head is pretty formulaic.

Her eyes are a little off axis. And what you painted, if they were placed right would have probably worked. So the structure is the issue here.

The rest of the painting is great. Love the composition and overall feel and some of your details are really beautiful.

pat1940
03-06-2014, 03:33 AM
Sandy, Andrea, Robyn, Steve, Jean, Caesar, Katie, Geoff, Gary and DAkey, thank you for all your comments, so appreciated
DAkey, I see what you mean, it really shows when the painting is so large lol, I will definitely watch for that, I really need to practice on face features more, sometimes I get so frustrated when I am doing faces, thanks for pointing this out to me, really appreciate your time with the comments and help to improve