PDA

View Full Version : Black Cat

copespeak
02-28-2014, 06:24 PM
Watercolour is so time consuming to emulate, but fun though.

Lots of the Gloop Pen, which I find is the best to get a simple watercolour wash with edges. :)

D Akey
02-28-2014, 07:29 PM
Fantastic! Sounds like a so called doctor from the Middle Ages, but way to bleed 'em -- and I don't mean for getting rid of the bad humors, neither. That's really a very clever and controlled use of a wet into wet bleed -- or at least the simulation of it from what you said about it taking lots of time. Excellent fur. Wonderful pose and attitude.

Really great. Just the right amount of marks too.

stevemawmv
02-28-2014, 08:46 PM
Meow....
I tried water coloring when I first got Artrage, scared the hell out of me!
But... Black Cat here...you've got the control over the scary stuff, well..it
was scary for me, just couldn't control the bleeding and kept trying to put
more detail in it....defeating the whole concept of it.
I really like this Robyn...but it still looks hard to do!
Take care friend,
Steve

copespeak
02-28-2014, 09:10 PM
Thanks you two, it's great praise coming from you both. :) :)

It is great fun doing watercolour, if a little time consuming, and I have developed some really interesting methods to simulate the edges and different depth of colour within the washes. The gloop pen is so useful.

Throwing a bit of real colour onto some wet paper, and it does it all by itself! :)

Caesar
02-28-2014, 09:35 PM
It's marvellous! But keep him/her far from crossing my road! LOL;):o

eighty+
02-28-2014, 10:42 PM
Don't. Worry. Caesar.. O Might. One. My Ginger Moncat. Will soon sort. Him/her. Out. :D:D

Sorry. Robbie. W/c. Looks. Good ;). :D. :D. :D. SLAINTE. To all. And your him/her. cat

coops
03-01-2014, 02:21 AM
I am certain I have seen this cat in my gardem, grest use of watercolours Robyn Love it:)

gxhpainter2
03-01-2014, 05:02 AM
Robyn, I was a watercolorist for several decades prior to discovering digital art... and your work here emulates that medium as closely as I have ever seen from AR. beautiful subject, simple but dramatic and so well done.. amazing, I will have to investigate the gloop pen more now that you have demonstrated it abilities in the right hand...:cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
03-01-2014, 08:05 AM
How can a beautiful creature like the one you skillfully painted can be considered a sign of misfortune? :mad:

howdoo
03-01-2014, 08:24 AM
I do like your' surprised' black cat.....a very nice study.I wonder if Arthur would like him or her.

copespeak
03-01-2014, 08:43 AM
Thank you Caesar, Howdoo, Coops, Andrea and Eighty, it surprising they are seen as bad luck. I love the inky sleekness of a black cat.

Gary, I will do more that might display it better and give you some ideas. :) :)

Marilyn Anne
03-01-2014, 09:32 AM
Beautifully painted.

SilverO
03-02-2014, 11:15 AM
ooh this one is really awesome. :D

pat1940
03-02-2014, 12:14 PM
wonderful black cat Robyn, you are having so much fun

Caesar
03-02-2014, 07:21 PM
I think it's just because a black cat was once associated to witches and thought to be a devilish disguise. Black cats are absolutely beautiful just as all the melanic forms of all the felides ...

Alexandra
03-03-2014, 01:25 AM
A lovely watercolor, Robyn. She favors my Salem, my little friendly black cat.:)

gxhpainter2
03-05-2014, 05:27 AM
Robyn... I have to keep coming back to this piece, ( you know how a song can get stuck in your head? well this painting has gotten stuck in mine!) as it is such a masterpiece (IMHO)..the simple background defines the structure for the cat to lie on looks like a bed, the subtle shadows and the subtle wet on wet in the backside and chest areas really an understated but masterful work..:cool::cool::cool::cool:

copespeak
03-05-2014, 08:35 AM
Alexandra, Pat, and SilverO, you are so lovey with your comments. :)

Gary, it's thrill to get such praise. Those subtle variations in watercolour are what gives it the charm, and they can be achieved in AR, with random results that are quite exciting.

I did a How-to a few days back in Tips and Tricks and only a few have picked up on it so far. I am sure it will come to the top as people spot it eventually.

Maybe most viewers come in through the Gallery, where as I look for all 'New Posts'. Have a look anyway. You might want to have a play! :cool: