PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Found Mates - Mrs. Katie Coops (NEW ONE on March the 11th and reply!)

Caesar
02-25-2014, 10:02 PM
After we had a period when Mr. Ploos was missing and we looked for him all over and start sending portraits to find him, now it looks like Mrs. Katie-Coops is missing since some time. I hope she's now on honeymoon, but, just in case, let's send some dta sheet and images of her .... :o;)
Everybody else is obviously warmly invited to concur by posting in here portraits of her or images where she's in ... LOL:o:D

D Akey
02-25-2014, 11:19 PM
I love fishing, don't you, Caesar? 2009 was a good vintage for the AR forums. Let's hope Mrs Coops is hitting on this particular bait today. I once caught an halibut.

Those are some fun paintings tho.

Who was that among the mushrooms? I remember some goofy fun about hallucinogenics and rabbit holes and. . . gee, you don't suppose they fell in deeper, do you?

Nice paintings. Very light-hearted. I could see your caricaturing was really running strong that year.

coops
02-26-2014, 01:22 AM
Dear Cesare, it is very remiss of me not to pop into the forums but have been so busy watching the WInter Olympics, painting and the last couple of days spending a little time in the garden. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm excuses, excuses, excuses, sorry just been a naughty lazy girl:o:o:o/ I wont happen again.
Now down the the pictures, well I remember them well and didnt we have fun telling the stories that went with them. I remember the one Mr Akery is asking about, didnt we go into the forest and find those funny mushrooms???? So much fun
I hope you dont mind but have made my avatar from one of the pics although it makes be look far younger then I am. Add about 10 years but thanks anway and I agree with dear Mr Akey about the good times in 2009 and beyond:):):)

Caesar
02-26-2014, 01:58 AM
Thank You, dear D Akey! Your memory is formidable as usual! I'm pretty sure that no thread, whatever the grape harvest year, would have had enough spice and sauce without Your comments and humor of a sublime level ranking.;):D

Dear Katie, I don't remember the name of our past lost matey among the mushrooms neither (I've been always keener with features than names), but I do remember that we all had a lot of fun and a really affectionate attitude towards each other (we still do I believe), so that memories are most pleasant to me too.
I noticed and I was and am obviously honored that You used my quickie as Avatar from a tiny picture of Yours whence I tried to capture, fix and enjoy whenever I liked Your marvellous super-smile. I would glad to paint a far better, finished portrait of You, although I'm not Sarget alas, but I'm just afraid that Your Avatar resolution isn't good enough for a masterful enough tribute You would deserve. Maybe I should dig in the ancient behind the brush thread ...:rolleyes:
I must say that it came to my mind also Your passion for fine-art-shoes, so I mined, found and refurbished a little this too ...;):o Thank You.

stevemawmv
02-26-2014, 04:58 AM
These are great!
Like finding photos in a chest of drawers....
Your talent is a gift to be treasured, thanks for
reposting these.
Steve

AndreaMG
02-26-2014, 07:52 AM
Such a cute avatar Katie! Caesar you are unstoppable :cool:

copespeak
02-26-2014, 09:07 AM
'Like finding photos in a chest of drawers....' I like that! Long before my time, but your skills shone even then! Terrific!

justjean
02-26-2014, 12:19 PM
Thanks Caesar with the wonderful collection of our dear Ms Katie :):):)

Alexandra
02-26-2014, 12:23 PM
I love these Cesare, it was so nice to see them again!

Caesar
02-26-2014, 09:45 PM
Dear Steve, since I don't want to sell You just old stuff, I made a new quickie of our dear Mrs. Katie - Coops painted in a quite wild way along the intuitive lines that Andrea's approach gave rise to me. I don't claim likeness is good, since I just remind now of her traits on her tiny previous Avatar picture (not the best reference for a real portrait). Actually it's just an image I composed as a puzzle around her shining smile, her elegant art and the gentle wisdom I recognize in her. I obviously invite anyone else to paint her idea of Mrs. Katie-Coops and postv it in here too.

Right, dear Andrea. My brake pads are now worn (I'm getting old You know), so I cannot breake effectively and stop. LOL;):o Thank You!

That's my savage part that shines, dear Robyn, sometimes the best, when intuition drives me, they say, but I'm often also a little ashamed for not being patient and disciplined enough to have comparatively few finished and polished paintings and drawings ... Thank You!

Thank You, dear B]Jean[/B]! Maybe someone will eventually paint her dancing in her magical sceneries and post it here too ....:rolleyes::):cool:[

I've got a new quick one too herebelow, dear Sandra. I hope You like its colorful look (likeness is unlikely to ascertain without a good picture I'm afraid). Thank You!

kenmo
02-27-2014, 07:42 AM
Cool work....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

Caesar
02-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Rather than cool fast and furious I'd say, considering the speed and the unrefined wildness of my approach .... LOL:o Thank You, dear Kenmo.

Caesar
03-04-2014, 05:05 AM
Now I found a picture of Mrs Katie-Coops and proceeded with an Japanese portrait of her. I hope likeness is good and she likes it ... :rolleyes:
Anyone else willing to try?

AndreaMG
03-04-2014, 08:11 AM
Ah ah, looks nice Dear Caesar, but what's up with her eyes? She looks like possessed by some ancient spirit X)

D Akey
03-04-2014, 08:39 AM
79716Caesar, you screwed up. Vulcans don't smile, laddie. And the eyes? Looks like something from Dune as well, and Ms Coops has been really going a bit heavy on the spice.

justjean
03-04-2014, 08:49 AM
Great colours and brush strokes Caesar but maybe a bit of work on those eyes :)

Caesar
03-04-2014, 09:19 AM
Actually she was rather possessed by Amedeo Modigliani, dear Andrea. The idea was to emphasize Katie supernaturally bright and shining smile and eyes. It was an experiment, but I may easily make another version with more "conventional" eyes. Thank You!

Dear D Akey, not the spice of Dune (I appreciated the literary recall since I love sci-fi), but the famous hallucinogenic mushroom in the first page. LOL:o Thank You!

OK, dear Jean, I'll soon work on her eyes so that the look would be less diquieting. Thank You!

coops
03-04-2014, 10:01 AM
I always thought I was a geisha in a former life Cesare, but in this life my eyes may cause you problems as one is green and one is blue (just like David Bowie lol)
Otherwise its a great likeness and thank you so much:)

D Akey
03-04-2014, 12:02 PM
Where are your manners, Ms Coops. . . would a little "Live Long and Prosper" kill you?

And it goes a little something like this. . .

Alexandra
03-04-2014, 02:15 PM
These are all so nice, and the funny photo's uploaded are a hoot. I like the eyes too. Katie the magical geisha.

stevemawmv
03-04-2014, 07:33 PM
I can't leave you guys alone a second, I 'am gone just one day to come back
to all of your shenanigans all over the place....Alright! who's responsible for
the statue of naked old man holding the rather large bag of coins between his legs.....
CAESAR!!!!!

Anyway....Hijō ni omoshiroi Caesar!
D Akey....Dune, that's another movie I need to watch, been awhile.
Katie....You look good in your kimono, but you have to lay off the spice!
Take care all,
Steve

Caesar
03-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Dear Katie, I'm really glad You appreciate this second japonaiserie inspired to Your magical artpieces. Thank You! The likeness came by scrolling among the Behind the Brush pictures, so likeness was quite easier to get. I also modified Your eyes upon several requests and used two different tubes for Your eyes (the portrait gor more expensive :D). Finally, being a geisha in a former life means, if such a life was remote enough, that You didn't have to learn only the ritual of the tea, the art of floreal and stone assembly composition , the origami or bonsai creation... LOL:o:D

Thank You, dear Sandra! Since the start I wanted to have the observator focus on Katie's source of joyful light, that is the eyes and the smile and their magic.

Thank You, dear Steve. An interesting comment.:) Unfortunately gravity law has a drawback, the longer it works the greater are progressively the attractive effects on deformable mass, although i'm pretty sure there parts of the spry Mr. Ploos who may still challenge gravity!LOL:o;) BTW, I also learned a new word: shenanigan! Thanks!

Here's Katie's portrait before The Spice started to change her eyes!

coops
03-05-2014, 01:39 AM
Thank you for taking the time to find that pic although a few years have rolled by and not without taking their toll lol.
I must say a do like this one, thanks for being so kind Cesare:):):)

Caesar
03-05-2014, 03:47 AM
I hope the toll wasn't some pairs of Your wonderful shoes, dear Katie, since I can hardly believe that with Your smiling attitude years may harm Your charm (a rhyme? OMG!:eek:). :o:D
I'm glad and relieved that You like the unconventional style of this portrait. Take care!

Caesar
03-11-2014, 09:23 PM
Since nobody else gave a try in this thread too, I attach one more herebelow.
Mrs. Katie-Coops loves both dancing and swimming, so a couple of years ago I portrayed her during an extraordinary perfomarce at Seaworld! LOL;):o
I used here my imaginary comics style together with the quite influencing artistic capabilities of Katie of merging the figure and the environment in a unicum.
I'm not sure it was appropriate to leave some drawing lines ....:rolleyes::confused:

eighty+
03-12-2014, 02:37 AM
Well Katie I had to have a Bash Scuse Moi ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA

fraser_paice
03-12-2014, 03:50 AM
I'm really enjoying these Caesar my friend so I looked in my own archives and found this picture of an old devil you might recognise.

D Akey
03-12-2014, 04:39 AM
Love them all. Caesar, that sea world one is a trip. It's a really great drawing, beyond the silliness of the juxtapositioning Ms Coops steeped in her own painting style.

Mr Ploos, you make an excellent point. . . er picture.

Fraser-Paice, I vaguely recall that one. . . talk about a blast from the past. But was it painted so neon in the original you did? Bet it really sings in your blacklight.

stevemawmv
03-12-2014, 09:31 AM
Quite a interesting combination of dance and aqua sports ...you're never
going to get the rehearsal floor dry though.
I like this, as well
as the others!
Take care friend,
Steve

SilverO
03-12-2014, 10:14 AM
Haha It looks really great Caesar. Is she underwater or above? I'm missing some fish or dolphins:p:p

nice painting eighty+ It looks like a really stylish dress :D

That last one is really unique, so much colour:)

Caesar
03-12-2014, 09:04 PM
Well done, dear ATPlus! You have a future as high fashion designer!

Dear Neil, if I remind it well enough that wonderful neon-enlighted disco hell was matching another devilish character I would attach too who, curiously enough, reminds me of a dear British friend (and a couple of other ones) we both know.LOL:o:D Thank you!

Thank You, dear d Akey! You're right, just like in Dante's hell in his Divine Comedy, I used here for Katie the legge del contrappasso (retaliation law) ... LOL:o;)

Aqua-gym became underwater-ballet-gym with Katie, dear Steve. I think she may enjoy it, on summer most likely even more. Thank You!

Dear miss Owl, actually she's underwater, among mermaids, tritons, selkies and other mythological creatures instead ... but they were too bashful to appear in the dance. Maybe nextly, once they learn the dance steps ... LOL:o;):D Thank You!

eighty+
03-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Ho Ho HO Katie I'm getting Worse instead of Better yuk yuk YUK ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D:confused: KIA ORA SLAINTE STATTE BBUONE Si SI

coops
03-13-2014, 01:06 AM
CESARE YOUR NAUGHTY BOY but I have to admit I do like the swimmer lol. In fits of giggles here. Your knack for figure work is brilliant and your imagination sees no boundries. Love the last one to but I wish I could remember the name of the dog.:)
Thanks for taking the time to join in dear Eighty and I love your painting even though its a bit warm for the wrap:)
Better the devil you know eh Matey lol:)

Caesar
03-13-2014, 01:45 AM
I'm absolutely delighted to read of Your appreciation, dear Katie. I had to use a bathsuit because a wet dress may have got a little too tight and transparent and the pool would have been moved to the After 9 :o:D... LOL Thank You for dancing ... errr swimming ... errr posing ... ehm chuckling ... whatever :)

fraser_paice
03-13-2014, 02:13 AM
Ah I recall complaining that I wasn't that bulky when you first posted that one mate. However, I may have grown into the picture, and how did you know I would end up living in Scotland? It's a bit chilly for the kilt. Katie I think the dog is mine, sadly no longer with us, but Trigger did live till he was over 15.

Caesar
03-13-2014, 02:30 AM
Dear Neil, as Katie too knows I've got some divinatory powers, maybe because a caesar was also Pontifex Maximus in Rome, i.e. the religious number 1. I'm sorry for Trigger who was then a celebrity on Your threads and I figured it out tha he could have left us. That's why I understated his presence, but I'm relieved to know that he lived quite long for a dog, maybe with the exception of Ulysses' one, but that's a legend after all.

Alexandra
03-13-2014, 02:50 AM
These are all great Cesare, and the contributions from Neil and Eighty are as well. A funny and amusing thread! I need to catch up and review the entire thread when I have more time.;)

justjean
03-13-2014, 04:56 AM
A grand gathering from All :)

Caesar
03-14-2014, 02:35 AM
Thank You, dear Sandra! I've got something more for You to catch up now ... LOL:o:D

Dear Jean, with Eighty Plus and Lady Moara Coops You don't need to play trumpets for a long time before peiople gathers in here, so much they are appreciated and playful mates! Thank You!

pat1940
03-14-2014, 02:42 AM
What a funny and interesting thread to visit, the drawings, paintings and chatter are something to wake up too, it makes for a happy day, even tho we have tons of snow out there lol

Caesar
03-14-2014, 03:05 AM
Dear Pat, I hope Your laughters may melt the snow then and anticpate spring around You (we actually already have here in Rome since few weeks). I hope You didn't lose my previous Mr. Eighty Ploos thread to help with the melting too. Thank You!

jibes
03-15-2014, 06:06 PM
Great fun and so well done!

D Akey
03-17-2014, 05:39 PM
I DO remember that painting. Was that middle one Ms Coops as a Valkyrie? I recognize the good doctor from Brazil, (Lima), and that caber tosser, Fraser-Paice, but I don't recall whether the lass could be identified by her costume department hand-me-downs. The expression and the eyes suggest the garden painter from Hull.

Fun.

D Akey
03-17-2014, 05:42 PM
Mr Ploos really ran with the two toned eyes. . . In fact, he rather split you down the middle with opposite attributes, as if you were genetically designed as an ensemble. Mr Ploos, you're a hoot ye are. And that's one big hoot for you too Ms Coops. . . and one lesser hoot. . . to boot. . .

Caesar
03-17-2014, 08:44 PM
Thank you, dear Jibes. Glad You found this thread fun and amusing.

Dear D Akey, the mysterious character was ScootF, the British mate from Argentina, living there in the deep South, the Tierra del Fuego or so, a very good artist with his personal impressionistic style who painted absplutely wonderful views and landscape. He was particularly fair-skinned or pale ....

For anyone liking Santa off period too ... ;)

coops
03-18-2014, 12:07 AM
Mrs Santa is a right doll Cesare:)

pai
03-18-2014, 08:07 AM
Hahaha, Caesar, your thread and drawings are so much fun to read ...mhmm.:rolleyes: And, that first painting with me in it too reminds the times in the past in this forum too. So cool ! :p:D And, CONGRATS to you for over 20,000 posts ! ...Are you aiming to 200, 000 more ! :cool:

Caesar
03-19-2014, 12:11 AM
Just a liottle too hairy on the face, dear Katie. LOL:o Thank You!

Dear Pai, You appeared again just in time! :eek: I was going to launch a thread to rescue Your image and fame too.;) Thank you!