PDA

View Full Version : Alexandra 2014 Doodles New One on Last Page

Pages : [1] 2

Alexandra
02-25-2014, 10:45 AM
I wanted to say hello and throw in a couple of doodles I've done this year. Best wishes everyone.

stevemawmv
02-25-2014, 10:53 AM
Sandy!
Holy smokes, your back and with some great paintings....
Love the bird and tree person? Hope your well, and don't
stay gone so long next time!
Take care friend,
Steve

pat1940
02-25-2014, 11:08 AM
Sandy, glad your doing some painting, these are beautiful, nice to see your work

copespeak
02-25-2014, 12:10 PM
Bacl with two really unique works. Love them both, but especially the tree person. :)

gxhpainter2
02-25-2014, 12:38 PM
Sandy you crack me up... "doodles" ya right most of us would give our right arm to paint something so creative and painterly.:):). I love these , especially the second one for its muted tones and beautiful line work... hope we start seeing more of you again here ..:):):):):):):):):):):):):)

D Akey
02-25-2014, 05:46 PM
Gxhpainter's sandbaggin' like the art sharp he is. Let's see if he's bluffing. I see his arm and raise his left leg and the change in his right pocket. . .

On the other hand, which seems to be heaped onto the pot, he makes a great point. You are COOKIN'!!!!!!! But you're a proper southern belle and when she's dressed to the 9s making an entrance to the cotillion and turning heads, with each compliment she demurely says, "Oh, why do you mean this little old thing, pray?"<flutter flutter> and it's enough to rock the room. Weeeeellllllllll. . . these are.

I hate to say that in your inimitable style, your leaving produced a tree. . . with breasts!!! (or are they called knockers in this context?) Great Land o' Goshen, that's one fine Tree o' Life! And that bird is GORGEOUS!!!! Love the theme of the arcs. Oh yeah, as I was saying, whatever cross pollenization you were doing whilst on holiday, you really sprouted. . . um. . . nailed it. . . what I mean to say is you have pulled it all together. These are first rate.

Caesar
02-25-2014, 09:11 PM
Dear Sandra, I'm so glad to see You back here again. You're missing since a long time now and I thought You were probably painting all the façade of Your house this time, in this quite long period off. So I was about to collect Your "identikit" in another Lost and Found Mates Thread, like You saw I did when Eighty+ was missing for quite some time!
Both of Your 2014 "doodles", though very different as a style, are phenomenal! The second one is sheer fine art to me. I also found it strangely familiar, then I reminded Apollo and Daphne stuatuary groups and I eventually remember that I did my modest version too of that myth (I'm neither Policletus nor Fidia) and as a tribute ... Have a look. Do You remember it too? :)

coops
02-26-2014, 01:00 AM
Its so good to see you again Sandy, hope all is well with you. As always great paintings:)

Alexandra
02-26-2014, 12:00 PM
Hi dearest Steve, thanks so much. I will try. It seems that I can take a break from our money pit for a little while-haha.

Pat and Robyn, thanks so much. I was embarrassed to upload these pictures with all of your fine oil paintings going up lately!

Gary, you are too kind to say so. I love your work so much. I am happiest to see you dear friend, and your wonderful unique works!

D Akey, I don't know what to say, per usual when reading your witty comments I sit here with a grin. I started to upload this tree in the after nine section, I guess she is a little curvier than most trees-haha. Thanks dear, you are a riot.

You are kind Cesare, thank you dear friend, and how could I forget? I will always treasure your beautiful portraits. This was a rough winter here, therefore I completed some of the interior painting projects of the house. I was in such a slump, or lack of creativity spell for a while, I didn't know if I was going to be able to paint again! It is most fun though if one has such a warm group to share it with. I am looking forward to viewing your latest threads.

Katie, thanks so much. I am doing so much better. I hope all is well with you too dear friend.

justjean
02-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Sandy, so good to see you with your oh so original wonderful paintings that always make me smile :):):)

Alexandra
02-28-2014, 01:01 AM
Hi Jean, good to see you too, and thanks so much.:D

Peter Pinckney
02-28-2014, 01:47 AM
These are "uwoduhi" as usual Sandy!

;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););););););););););););););););) ;););););););););););)

Alexandra
02-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Wado Wita! I sure appreciate it dear man, it is wonderful to see you.

AndreaMG
03-01-2014, 08:19 AM
Lovely paintings, gentle touch :)

Alexandra
03-02-2014, 11:32 AM
I wanted to illustrate a character from a much loved book and author.

"Ah," said Bod. Then, suspicion forming, tentatively, he said, "They say a witch is buried here."
She nodded. "Drownded and burned and buried here without as much as a stone to mark the spot."

Neil Gaiman "The Graveyard Book"

Thanks, Andrea, sure appreciate it.:)

SilverO
03-02-2014, 12:57 PM
I like the bird in the beginning of the topic, very colourful :)

Your last paining is very eerie probably fits right into the mood of the book, because that sounds so creepy.
But it's nicely done.^^

This sounds very random but I really like how you've drawn the feet lol:p I can't draw them at all:cool:

AT-TA
03-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Beautiful Sandy, both of them.And so good you are back at least for a while.

D Akey
03-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Don't know the story, but I can guess it will be filled with wonder and challenge. Sounds compelling, as is this very mysterious, Goth illustration. Almost as if she's going to discover her true self through the ordeal.

Nice one!

Caesar
03-02-2014, 07:27 PM
Witches and ghosts for the forthcoming springtime ... LOL:o Nice painting for an intriguing character.

Alexandra
03-03-2014, 01:17 AM
Haha Silver O, thanks, and thanks for viewing!

Silly doodling AT, but thanks so much. Good to see you.:o

Hi D Akey, it is my interpretation of the two characters, the expression of the boy, and the deceased from long ago. I am just sad that it has taken me so long to discover Neil Gaiman. On a monthly visit to the library and checking out books with my son, I grabbed a few of his stories written for kids. Coraline, Odd and the Frost Giant, and The Graveyard Book, I couldn't put down...devoured them this weekend. So, now I begin reading a few of his others for adults this week...Neverwhere, Anansi Boys, American Gods. I join his long list of fans.

Hi Cesare, I know it is not the time to upload such a strange drawing as this. It was something I made on a whim after reading this story. I am on one of those reading sprees I guess, and this is one of those things, if you haven't read the story, it would be difficult to understand. A great one though if you are in the mood for something different. A boy who is raised and educated by the best....without giving away the story, I will stop here. Thanks for peeking in though, and your nice comment! I will be sure to upload some flowers soon, as things are blooming and the weather is changing...finally!;)

stevemawmv
03-03-2014, 09:44 AM
Hi Sandy...
If words written in a book can inspire an creative interpretation with
a painting.... then I 'am checking him out.
Nicely done,
Steve

justjean
03-03-2014, 05:54 PM
a whimsical little girl , Sandy and I love it :):):) reading is my passion and I'm never long without a book in my hands :D

Alexandra
03-03-2014, 10:38 PM
Hi Steve, I know reading is very personal, I hope that you enjoy his work as much as I do.
Thank you!

Hi Jean, I have three books going right now, and I am sitting up too late reading them-haha. One on the kindle, and two more to hold.
I am glad to read that it is your passion. It is something to prefer books to other things, but as I get older, this is how I feel.
This little character is a boy though, without a barber, or clothing but a sheet to wear living amongst the spirits.
It seems dark, but without giving away the story, it is a pleasant read, with action and excitement here and there. Gaiman's inspiration
he writes comes from Kipling's Jungle Book.

Alexandra
03-04-2014, 05:16 AM
Pen doodling...those mean crows!

Caesar
03-04-2014, 05:31 AM
What a fantastic idea!A butterfly jogging quite fast headed eastward towards China to sing the Opera House maybe! That would be healty for their legs, lungs and guts I guess rather than just lazily flying from flower to flower. :o:D Another lovely and original painting. BTW, I'm in Japan right now where I saw, among the Lost and Found Mates, our dear Mrs. Katie-Coops dressed with a kimono .... LOL:D

gxhpainter2
03-04-2014, 06:10 AM
Sandy... a great interpretation of the story, I will check out the author, I am an avid reader also, always have been... sounds like you found a gold mine to me :o:o

L Skylar Brown
03-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Sandy- You're doing such Wonderful work. Very impressive.

AndreaMG
03-04-2014, 08:15 AM
Ah ah, run baby run :) Kawaii :o

Alexandra
03-04-2014, 02:07 PM
Haha Cesare, I think you are right, wouldn't that be something? Seeing butterflies running instead of flittering here and there in the air!
Japan? Oh you fortunate man you. You must be seeing some beautiful scenery, and to add to it all the beautiful Coops! I just hope that she doesn't have too much of the saki and try to walk in those special shoes....:rolleyes::o (kidding Katie!)
I would love to see those lovely kimonos!:cool: Thanks dear friend, and I am so happy for you.

Thank you so very much Gary, I do so hope you enjoy him as well. I would love to see your view of a story of his.

I don't know about that Skylar, but I do so miss everyone here and wish to contribute something- if some thing to at least be amusing, haha. Thank you, and it is wonderful to see you and your beautiful oils.

Thanks for taking a peek Andrea at this little pen doodle on the run!

stevemawmv
03-04-2014, 07:49 PM
"Run, Forrest. Run!
Don't let dim crows get'cha!
I like it Sandy,
Steve

D Akey
03-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Gawd, it's like an old slapstick comedy chase. . . Popcorn. . . HAS ANYBODY GOT ANY POPCORN!?!?!?!?!?!?! I'd go to the concession stand myself but I just have to see what happens next. . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWZD_bkNK-c

Alexandra
03-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Looks like we got ourselves a bad box of chocolates, run Forrest, run! That's right, one foot in front of the other son...oh darn, there's that principal at the front door again. Hold on, I'll run with ya!
Thanks, Steve.:D

Hush you, can't afford no popcorn anyhow, you know it's near six dollar to get that GMO crap, oh pardon me, did I hear nother shut up, quiet now....the crows are zoomin in on that bug.
Now D Akey, you know there's no talkin in the movie house!:p

coops
03-05-2014, 01:27 AM
Its good to see you doodeling again Sandy and I love the freedom this one has. It shouts out "lets run free". Keep them coming:)

Alexandra
03-05-2014, 11:36 PM
Hi Katie, thank you dear lady.:)

justjean
03-06-2014, 04:32 AM
Love the running free, makes one think of spring :)

Alexandra
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
Thank you dear Jean:):)

Here is another pen and ink doodle...named Letters I've Written..
thinking of the song by the Moody Blues...Nights in White Satin.

Caesar
03-06-2014, 09:23 PM
This painting is sheer poetry in its composition, meaning and style and sheer rationality in its technique and process ... Extraordinary!

stevemawmv
03-07-2014, 03:21 AM
Sandy....
Really like this, with the shadowing its making them look like they're floating off the screen.
Nicely done, good song too!
Take care,
Steve

copespeak
03-07-2014, 08:24 AM
Very nice Alexandra! :cool:

justjean
03-07-2014, 06:00 PM
Lovely roses, Sandy :)

coops
03-08-2014, 12:31 AM
What wonderful sentimental painting Sandy.:)

Alexandra
03-11-2014, 03:04 AM
Thanks Cesare, Steve, Robyn, Jean, and Katie! xx

gxhpainter2
03-11-2014, 06:02 AM
Sandy, we must be kindred spirits, I have always loved Moody Blues and that song it one of their very best and your fine art is an amazing tribute to it...:):):):cool::cool:

AndreaMG
03-11-2014, 08:42 AM
The colors and lights are so low that the faint red in the flowers gives a warm felling. I like it :)

pat1940
03-11-2014, 10:33 AM
Sandy, the roses are so beautiful, wonderful colors, as always a joy to look at

Alexandra
03-13-2014, 02:56 AM
One of those songs I love to hear and sing, Gary. I believe we are indeed!
Thanks so much.:)

Thank you Andrea, I love to use the inkpen and duplicate with filters.
AR is so fun.

Thank you Pat, it was a fun doodle.:)

Alexandra
03-13-2014, 06:15 AM
The character "Door" from the fantasy story "Neverwhere" written by Neil Gaiman
A fantasy story very different...
(thank you to the creator of the leaf stickers:) )

Richard Mayhew is a plain man with a good heart--and an ordinary life that is changed forever
on a day he stops to help a girl he finds collapsed and bleeding on a London sidewalk.
From that moment forward he is propelled into a world he never dreamed existed...

D Akey
03-13-2014, 08:36 AM
Oh but hasn't your style gotten so polished! FAN-freakin-TASTIC.

So children's picture book. Really nice Alexandra. You go girl!!! (speaking to the kid coming through the door). And you too Alexandra! GO GIRL GO!!!!! Step through that door. . . just DO IT!!!!!!! :):):):):):)

stevemawmv
03-13-2014, 09:25 AM
This is great Sandy!
Cool, I like it! looking forward to your next installment...Maybe?
Did you get a chance to see the stage adaptation in Savannah?
Take care friend,
Steve

jibes
03-13-2014, 01:30 PM
Sandy, I really like all I see here in 2014! Super job on all! I love your work!!!!!

Alexandra
03-13-2014, 04:27 PM
Thank you D Akey, this is so nice of you.:):):):):)

No, I haven't, but would dearly love this, Steve. Great city too. Have you been?
I read about the BBC Radio program of this book and Benedict Cumberdash...love this actor,
playing a part...a great cast. When or if it is out there, I would love to have it.

Neal, it is so great to see you. Thanks so much!

eighty+
03-13-2014, 09:42 PM
Hi. Sandy. Aye. Lass. A lovely. Bundle. Painted freely from the mind something. At the moment

I can't do as think the brain's. To old. Anyway that's my escuse??? ;). :D:D:D:D:D:D Kia Ora

Alexandra
03-13-2014, 11:56 PM
Hey Eighty+, You are too kind, but thank you anyway dear man.:o Now, Your work is clearly from your creative and gifted mind! Stay warm and well.x

Here is a new bath cap for Katie this year so that she can enjoy swimming.:D
(more of my duplication and effects from the fun of AR)

eighty+
03-14-2014, 12:59 AM
Yeah Sandy Katie Will Love the Hat just a thought two Tone colour for the flower's ;) ;) ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D

coops
03-14-2014, 02:10 AM
Love it Sandy for off for a swim in my thread lol.:)

Caesar
03-14-2014, 03:00 AM
I'm always stunned,delighted and admired in front of Your marvellous illustrations, dear Sandra! They absolutely have professional quality! I also like Your tribute to Katie-Coops and it's a pity I didn't see this marvellous bath cap before, because I would have used it for my swim-dancing Katie too ...;):D

pat1940
03-14-2014, 03:17 AM
Sandy, what charm you have in your paintings, love your work, will get busy with email very soon

AndreaMG
03-14-2014, 08:43 AM
Ah ah, fantastic X)

Alexandra
03-14-2014, 10:35 PM
Dear Eighty, I've included a two toned yellow bath cap just for you here.
Also a clever artist mate wizard!

Alright Katie, and have fun, thanks!

Thanks so much Cesare!
(I do have some ideas for a new drawing though...mwa haa....:rolleyes::D)

Thank you Pat and Andrea dears! I really appreciate it.

Caesar
03-14-2014, 11:58 PM
You are scaring me, dear Sandra! :eek: You are laughing like Doctor Doom on Your idea!:eek::D
Remarkable improvement of Katie!

gxhpainter2
03-15-2014, 03:48 AM
Sandy what a talent you have for creating and illustrating...these are quite wonderful.:):):cool::cool:

Alexandra
03-15-2014, 04:45 AM
Hi Gary, thank you! I need to define so much of the illustration though, and I plan on going back to it.-x-

Here is one for our mates Gary, it is The Cesare Jones....Raider of the Lost Art! Watch out as with his handy mouse or pen he shall draw you and place you in the AR Museum!:eek::p;)
Action figure sold 29.95. This is a limited edition, and is signed and dated by the artist. Hee hee....
Hope you don't mind Cesare, I don't have your talent for portraits, but I did the best that I could with my limited ability. (hugs and laughs)

Caesar
03-15-2014, 05:46 AM
ROFL whaaahhhhh, ah, ah,ah! :o:D:D:D;) Thank You dear Sandra! You're an extraordinary artist, but also a genius under many aspects!
What a fantastic outfit and what a change from Neil's portrait where my whip was a devil's tail instead! That's the job I should have probably looked for as a young man, that of an adventurous archaelogist, although I could have resulted a little too much prone to feminine traps ...:rolleyes::(:o
I'm really pleased and flattered and the likeness is there too I'd say, not even too spoilt by growing age! Also the underwritten sentence sounds as a friendly gift to excuse my crazy personality and the title is a quite smart, brilliant pun. I like more and more Caesar's character, at leat as You think and draw it, my dear friend ... :)
Since You involved Gary in Your comment, I would do the same and here's my unconventional portrait of him of many years ago (hopefully he's still quite unchanged as well ... on this artpiece for sure) LOL;):o
BTW I also considered Your passion for Santa answering on my thread .... :o

copespeak
03-15-2014, 06:10 AM
I came back to this thread and was blown away by all this new work! What fun! :) :)

eighty+
03-15-2014, 06:12 AM
Sandy Great

Recgonaized ?? in a instant Hael O Mighty One as your in Nippon Country Sandy should have dressed u fitting a Caesar in long robes and skull cap but I wonder about the

lost Art bit Coss as sure as eggs you'll { when back } tell us that all Art of every kind MUST have started In ROME Hold on while I get my Blue Paint on

ok just looking for my trusty Club as got to try to rustle some food as the wife and kid's are Screaming :eek: ;) :D :D :D :D :D :D KIA ORA STATTE BBUONE...Si ..Si

coops
03-15-2014, 07:52 AM
Great additions Sandy, lovely to view them:)

Alexandra
03-16-2014, 02:22 AM
hahaha, I am so happy that you liked Cesare Jones, Cesare!
Thank you dear friend. I also like our beautiful Gary. He is such a
pleasant presence here and I love his art so.

Thanks Robyn, I'm so happy you enjoyed it!

Thanks Dear Eighty, more to come, I'm sure!

Thanks Katie, always appreciated!

stevemawmv
03-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Hi Sandy....
Caesar's a great 'Indy'...always exploring and retriving art from the past
and sharing it with us all...always looking forward to his next discovery!
Very well done, I like it! Started a Indy painting as well, but doesn't look
like Caesar yet.
Take care friend,
Steve

AndreaMG
03-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Now I see... Caesar is Indy in disguise X). Funny and very well painted :cool:

justjean
03-17-2014, 08:08 AM
Sandy, I do hope the grand Wizard is granting lovely Katie her wishes :D

Alexandra
03-17-2014, 03:55 PM
Hey Steve, thank you, but (seriously red cheeked here) I had to use his avatar to piece onto his body. I cannot copy a person as he can. I had fun though, and in the past made him a pirate-ha ha.
I am looking forward to viewing your upcoming Indy.

Thanks Andrea and Jean, and I would be careful of this wizard...looks as if he is conjuring something mean to me....maybe the shoe market crashing, or making the wacoms not work correctly. One never knows...:p

D Akey
03-17-2014, 06:39 PM
Love them both.

Nice painting of GXHPainter! What a compliment. And also there's Caesar of the Lost Art! Well he's been pulling out some of that art lost in mothballs lately. Another great compliment to him from you Alexandra. You guys are too cool! Very fun stuff.

Alexandra
03-17-2014, 11:45 PM
Thanks so much D Akey.xx

I don't know if you all had heard the saying, every time a flower blooms a fairy is born. ;)
These fairies are celebrating in the evening light all with fairy dust, singing, and a new witness.
(I had fun making a fairy stencil. This is one of the features I love so much about the AR program)

coops
03-17-2014, 11:56 PM
Dear Sandy I really smiled when I viewed this last one its beautifully amusing:)

Alexandra
03-18-2014, 05:41 AM
Hey Katie, thanks so much.

Happy St. Patty's Day also to all!

justjean
03-18-2014, 05:45 AM
Love em all, Sandy you always bring a smile to my face when I drop in on your paintings, thanks :D

pai
03-18-2014, 06:57 AM
Hello Sandy, this thread is full of fun, love, joy, fairy tales. Your unlimited imagination is so awesome. And, that "Caesar Raiders" made me chuckle :P I especially like the Draid Design, th Witch painting and I Believe :rolleyes::rolleyes: More ..more !

Alexandra
03-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Jean, Thank you for popping in, and I am so pleased that they bring a smile!

Hello Pai, How are you doing? Thanks for visiting, I am so happy to see you and your outstanding painting, you inspire me so. I wish that I could fly over for lessons.

Caesar
03-19-2014, 12:24 AM
Another couple of marvellous, lyrical, masterfully executed and expressive illustrations by You. Superlative!
BTW, yesterday I called my second brother whose name is Patrizio (i.e. Patrick but also patrician in Italian).

D Akey
03-19-2014, 07:04 AM
Woweeeeee!!!!!!!! GO ALEXANDRA!!!!! Come on, 'fess up. . . you're really a troll doll with a stylus. These are so cure and beautifully painted. Go GIRL!

stevemawmv
03-19-2014, 07:42 AM
Hi Sandy...
I seem to have missed the birth of the fairies and St. Patty's day!
Love them all Sandy, fun Pic's, always a pleasure to see your art.
Good Stuff....
Take care friend,
Steve

pat1940
03-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Sandy, so adorable, love both of them

copespeak
03-19-2014, 08:20 AM
Quaint and magical, I love them! :cool:

Alexandra
03-19-2014, 02:17 PM
What a beautiful family names, Cesare. Thank you, dear friend.:)

Hey D Akey, you've figured me out dear....this hair drives me crazy though, and I can't do a thing about the color....
I have to draw my kin folk. hee hee. Thank youxx:)

Thank you Steve, you are a dear forum member, sure appreciate it!:)

Thank you Pat, I am behind on commenting, but I love all of your artwork!:)

Thank you Robyn! :)

coops
03-20-2014, 01:45 AM
These are are so sweet and wonderfully painted Sandy:)

Alexandra
03-20-2014, 09:10 AM
Thanks Katie, I really appreciate it!

Now a few strange ones to upload. I don't know if they qualify as abstract, but they were fun to do.:p

stevemawmv
03-20-2014, 09:33 AM
Bring on the 'Strange' Sandy, we can take ittttttttttttttt....Whoa! first one gave me a chill, like pulling back the curtains and peering into an old abandoned house..I like it!....Second one is like some wild wind chimes and keyboards that haven't been touched or felt a breeze in awhile.
These are great, Love 'em!
Really find them very unique, and quite interesting!
Take care friend,
Steve

pai
03-20-2014, 02:33 PM
The first one I like a lot, it looks like the northern light somehow shines through an icy glacier cave :) The second, I echo what Steve said too, I see like ancient nice craved wood wind chimes :) Great abstract pieces to me :)

mannafig
03-21-2014, 08:45 AM
Dear Sandy these are beautiful keep 'em coming dear lady.

Victor Osaka
03-21-2014, 09:22 AM
Awesome. I can see these as wall murals. IN MY HOUSE!!!

Alexandra
03-21-2014, 03:09 PM
Hi Steve and Pai, I enjoyed reading your interpretations, and thanks so much! The second one was indeed wind chimes, and the first one I was painting while watching Beowulf-haha! The cave scene was amazing. Loved that movie. Of course Gerard Butler helped a lot...:o:o:o

Amanda, thank you! You know, we had a fellow on Deviant Art that I thought so much of. He told me when I felt as if I couldn't think of anything to paint, to keep on painting-and paint abstracts. I think he was right. They are so calming and inspiring as well.

Victor, I am so flattered, thank you so very much!

Alexandra
03-21-2014, 11:31 PM
It is said that nothing is original, and I believe this to be true.
I've seen similar art with this idea as a person in fruit, a person as a root, and various other things.
So, this is from my imagination, inspired by others, using AR oils and knife. :)

Caesar
03-22-2014, 03:00 AM
I like very much that intriguing painting where You play the organ and I find the last one very abstractive! :eek::cool::oLOL Whatever You paint it's a success!

mannafig
03-22-2014, 05:45 AM
This last one is very dreamlike.
Almost like when you dream you have fallen out of bed and are about to be rudely awaken with that nasty little jolt. ha ha.

AndreaMG
03-22-2014, 08:09 AM
Your paintings always feel so close to nature and earth, they are magical :cool:

gxhpainter2
03-22-2014, 11:36 AM
Sandy, you must live in a magical place there...as you seem to capture all the woodland sprites, elves and other earth creatures unawares.. wonderfully creative and I love the colors... the blue really plays well against the earth tones.:cool::cool:

stevemawmv
03-22-2014, 06:53 PM
It is said that nothing is original, and I believe this to be true.
I've seen similar art with this idea as a person in fruit, a person as a root, and various other things.
So, this is from my imagination, inspired by others, using AR oils and knife. :)

Dear Sandy,
And some say "originality is non-existent", and “It’s not where you take things from – it’s where you take them to.”

I really enjoyed just looking at this piece, and as I tried to come up with comments to descibe what I see and what it means to me.... Well, I am just going to say..... 'I love where your imagination has taken us with this painting, may have been inspiration from others but creatively re-crafted by you expressing your feelings and thoughts thought out the painting!
Take care,
Steve

Caesar
03-23-2014, 01:19 AM
... I would modestly agree with Steve, dear Sandra, and say that You're unique (original applies, alas, to the first sin thus it would sound unappropriate for Your nice person). Unique is also Your art and so the visual (and emotional) world where You take us all and I can assure it is a most pleasant and interesting place to explore and rest, the one You go on creating as a benign goddess ... No fee required for this comment though ...LOL:o;)

Alexandra
03-23-2014, 05:34 AM
Dear Cesare, You are such a bright and kind person here, and your comments are always as such, thank you dear friend.:)

Dear Amanda, Thank you and you are right, to me this was a state of dreaming but more of a healing rest
where a person may surrender their thoughts and float away and rejuvenate...maybe to a place we once were before we were born even...
but again it could very well be the one where boom, the floating stops and the falling starts...and it is always
a landing and a jolt-oh I hate those dreams, haha:p;)

Thanks so much Dear Andrea and Gary, I live in a rural quiet area surrounded by trees and nature, and really enjoy it.:)
The trees, the birds, and the privacy itself is a nice retreat with a lot of inspiration. I am one of those quiet folk that enjoys
watching the birds and listening. I have been here so long I am beginning to think that I am planted with the trees here now-haha.

Thank you Steve. You know, there is so much inspiration around us now, isn't there? Books, the internet is loaded with art, and then
there is the great out doors...whoa the most beautiful creativity there-and that is all original out there though. Each and every little thing
even us are all completely different even though we may share similarities.:)

pat1940
03-23-2014, 10:33 AM
Sandy, you are so right, and this is a Sandy Original and a wonderful one

Alexandra
03-24-2014, 12:54 AM
Hi Pat, thanks so much. I think I want to try this out on canvas, it has been so long...time to get out the brushes.

Alexandra
03-25-2014, 12:17 AM
Daisies in the spring rain.:)

Caesar
03-25-2014, 02:48 AM
This last one is so involving that Ii can hear the rain sound and it made my mind start simultaneously a D'Annunzio poetry and a song with ongoing rain hitting the verses and the emotions .... Fantastic!

mannafig
03-26-2014, 08:34 AM
This is beautiful dear Sandy.

AndreaMG
03-26-2014, 08:52 AM
You seem to be able to capture nature so well, truly. :cool:

pai
03-26-2014, 11:16 AM
I love that "pleasant dreams", feel very organic. Beautiful. The last one is telling me spring is coming soon. Lovely one :)

D Akey
03-26-2014, 01:35 PM
I love it. It really captures the feel of a nourishing rain on Spring daisies. Really great values and color!

silvy
03-26-2014, 10:48 PM
The spring's coming;)
Adorable daisies touched by rain. Lovely paiting

Alexandra
03-27-2014, 12:53 AM
Hi Cesare, good morning, or it is still here. Thank you for such a beautiful comment. I will have to research D'Annunzio's poetry. What an incredible person he was.
This morning unfortunately we are under a freeze warning. I will be so thankful though to see the beautiful spring weather back. All of my flowering trees are in bloom, it is spectacular.

Dear Amanda, I know you too appreciate the beautiful flowers and a nice spring shower. Thank you my dear friend.

Hi Andrea, thank you for your kind and thoughtful comments. I do so love being outdoors and the beautiful nature around.:)

Hi Pai, thank you so very much. I know you know how I feel about sleep having been through a lot of the same problems, haha.

Thank you D Akey. I wanted to do something cheerful especially after reading a dark novel. Seems I am just too sensitive to read a lot of modern material, haha. I will have to grab one of my more cheerful books on my kindle soon!

Yes, and I believe we all have experienced a rough winter dear Silvy! I am so happy to see all the blooms again. How are you dear friend, it is wonderful to see you!

Alexandra
03-28-2014, 12:27 AM
I have always wanted to design tile, so with the pen and the fonts, duplication and reverse I made sort of an art nouveau styled butterfly. I hope you like it.

Caesar
03-28-2014, 01:31 AM
... and simmetry tool, I guess. It's utmost elegant and graphically perfect!

SilverO
03-28-2014, 02:56 AM
I really like the daisies.:)
The butterfly is also very nice.

Alexandra
03-28-2014, 04:37 AM
I don't have AR 4 yet, Cesare, but it is so easy with the duplication and reverse.
I was so inspired with Neil's designs and jewelry and remembered that I once was
so interested in Celtic designs and also tiles. So, I kind of mixed the two as
so often seen during this art nouveau period. Thank you dear friend!

Thanks so much dear SilverO, and I wanted to mention I am enjoying your oil paintings as well!

justjean
03-28-2014, 11:58 AM
Sandy, love them all and especially the daisies in the rain :):):):)

stevemawmv
03-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Hi Sandy,
"Daisies in the spring rain".....And I' am believing it! Nicely done, they are almost touchable!
Really like this painting.......
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
03-28-2014, 10:33 PM
Dear Sandra, since you asked, here's the English version of Gabriele D'Annunzio poetry La pioggia nel Pineto (Rain in the pine wood)
To enjoy how it sound in Italian, its original music if you wish, You would have to have some software for reading it in from the original Italian version I may provide in case.

La pioggia nel Pineto (english version)

Be silent. At the threshold
of the woods I don’t hear
words you can say human; But I hear
newer words, spoken by drops and
faraway leaves.
Listen. It rains
from scattered clouds.
It rains on the salted
and arid Tamarisks.
It rains on the scaly,
bristling pines.
It rains on the divine
myrtle.
On the refulgent broom
with its huddled flowers.
On the junipers full
of fragrant berries.
It rains on our sylvan
faces.
Rains on our bare
hands.
On our light clothes.
And on the fresh thoughts
that the renewed soul raises
on the wonderful tale
that yesterday
deluded you, and today deludes me,
Oh Hermione.
Can you hear? The rain falls on vegetation alone with a constant roar and varies depending on branches more or less sparse.
Listen. To that cry answers the song of the crickets that neither rain brought by south nor the gray sky can frighten.
And the pine has a sound, the myrtle has a different sound, juniper another,
as different instruments played by many hands,
and we are immersed in the sylvan soul involved in the life of the forest and your face is wet from the rain like a leaf,
your hair smelling like the brooms clear, oh creature of the earth, called
Hermione
Listen.
The daughter of air
is silent. But the daughter
of mud, the frog, far away
sings in the deepest shadow.
Who knows where, who knows where!
And it rains on your lashes.
Hermione.

coops
03-29-2014, 12:34 AM
Lovely addition dear Sandy, well done:)

Alexandra
03-29-2014, 02:44 AM
Hi Jean, thanks so much. Also, I love your new avatar. German Shepherds are a favorite of mine. I've always wanted one. :)

Thanks so much Steve, I am so happy that you enjoyed it. :)

Dear Cesare, Thank you so very much for submitting his poetry. I had every intention of going back and researching his work,
and I end up having so many things to do and I had forgotten. What a loss it would have been.
The very title, Rain in the Pine Wood...I am listening to this very thing this morning here with the pines on our land.
In my view his poetry is music, connecting the fortunate reader with nature and providing not only nourishment,
but tranquility as with a gentle shower would the growth below it.
One must appreciate his poetry even more having considering all that he had been through in his life.
Thank you so very much dear friend.:)

Thank you so much, Katie. :)

justjean
03-29-2014, 05:36 AM
Hi Jean, thanks so much. Also, I love your new avatar. German Shepherds are a favorite of mine. I've always wanted one. :)

Sandy, I have had 2 GSDs and this was Shadow who was my baby and a beauty but she was far far to protective :(

pat1940
03-29-2014, 07:04 AM
Sandy, what an amazing piece, Spring Rain, it is beautiful, your butterfly is very nice also, but I have to say those daisies in the rain, could almost smell them and hear the rain, lovely job my friend

AndreaMG
03-29-2014, 07:41 AM
Perfect for a book cover, I like the shadow effect too! :cool: ciao

Alexandra
03-29-2014, 08:59 AM
Dear Jean, I am so sorry. I had a lab like this once too. :(

Thank you Pat, I am so glad you enjoyed it. It has been raining here all day, but it has been such a relaxing day for us. I just wish I had a day to hide and read though...haha.:rolleyes:

Thank you Andrea, I hope you like my dragonfly too. :)

silvy
03-29-2014, 09:23 AM

Yes, and I believe we all have experienced a rough winter dear Silvy! I am so happy to see all the blooms again. How are you dear friend, it is wonderful to see you!

I'm fairly well dear, thank you.

Your dragonfly is very cool:) Love the background

SilverO
03-29-2014, 09:49 AM
The dragonfly looks really cool, I like how you did the background, makes it a bit hypnotising. Great work:)

Caesar
03-30-2014, 06:55 AM
A most interesting subject in an almost Egyptian looking stylization. Marvellous.

copespeak
03-30-2014, 07:35 AM
I love Dragonflies,and this one is a beauty!

AndreaMG
03-30-2014, 08:32 AM
Freaky fantastic! It could easily end up in stained glass of some fantasy cathedral into a magical wood x) Brava :cool:

hildee
03-30-2014, 10:52 AM
Hi Alexandra, your tree one in your OP is amazing. Funnily enough, we have a tree out the back that looks very female, even down to the moss growing on the underarms where the branch went up. Luckily I took some photos of it before it started to fall apart because a neighbour poisoned it. I love trees :)

Alexandra
03-30-2014, 11:38 AM
I am very glad to read this dear Silvy, and thank you! xx

Thank you Silver0! The filters, too much fun there!

Thanks so much Cesare, the masking tools and filters are a blast, and I had to try a little bit of Peter's rabbit hole effects.

Thanks so much Robyn, sure appreciate it!

Thank you Andrea, I really love the artwork of the Dean brothers. It is easy to attempt with this software.:)

Hi Hildee, thanks so much. I would love to see your photo if you ever wish to upload it. I love trees.

justjean
03-30-2014, 01:47 PM
He/She is a beauty and love the colours , Sandy

coops
03-31-2014, 11:34 PM
Super magical painting Sandy:)

gxhpainter2
04-01-2014, 05:29 AM
wow that is electric! great design and those blue's really amazing work Sandy...

pai
04-01-2014, 08:12 AM
Sandy, Sandy, you're an amazing and very inspiring artist, the last two art works a totally twisted to your normal fantasy mind into another spectrum. So clever using the nature to create such beautiful modern art, as someone has pointed out above. They can by use in many ways, like book covers, calendar, personal cards, etc. I really like the "Dragonfly" one, it works so perfectly with the blue palette. Awesome art works as usual :)

Alexandra
04-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Jean and Katie, thanks so much dears!:)

Hi Gary, this is one of those examples where I fell into the rabbit hole of AR!:p
So glad you liked it.

Dear Pai, this is so nice of you, thanks so much!:o

Here is one more where I was playing with the ink pen, duplicating, flipping, flopping, hopping, shading, filtering, and falling again head first into the rabbit hole. I don't know what to name this one.:p

pai
04-01-2014, 04:45 PM
I like this abstract with so many tools and ways to create it. Like a fantasy sci-fi castle to me. Awesome ! :D What kind of filtering you are using? Is the filtering in Artrage tool?

pat1940
04-01-2014, 04:50 PM
Sandy, it looks like you had a lot of fun with this one and it turned out great

stevemawmv
04-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Flip, flopping, and hopping......and your eyes were wide open all during the tumbling down the hole Sandy...
I love it, what ever it is!
Dragonfly is great....
Take care friend,
Steve

Caesar
04-01-2014, 07:43 PM
I cannot say which magical procedure You used to get such an intriguing and intricate piece a possible reality or meta-buddhist symbol or whatever, but I find it absolutely amazing and fantastic.

copespeak
04-02-2014, 12:18 AM
Quite beautiful Alexandra, and mesmerising! :cool:

sabena
04-02-2014, 09:15 AM
Hi Alexandra you have a unique style and you have fantastic paintings:)

L Skylar Brown
04-02-2014, 10:26 AM
You've certainly come a long way, young lady! Excellent work.

scribbledsoul
04-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Ooh, I love 'em all but that last one is particularly magical. Still giggling over "Raiders of the Lost Art," though. :p

justjean
04-02-2014, 01:09 PM
Sandy your painting from within that hole always fascinate me :D

Alexandra
04-03-2014, 12:35 AM
Thanks everyone for peeping in and leaving such nice comments. I really appreciate them xx:
Pai, Pat, Steve, Cesare, Robyn, Sabena, Skylar, Scribbledsoul, and Jean.

Alexandra
04-03-2014, 04:45 AM
As I mentioned on Cesare's thread, she went from being a sexy dancer to being a fuzzy bumblebee.
From a stage to flowers, haha. Thank you, Cesare!

stevemawmv
04-03-2014, 06:24 AM
Extremely unique transformation of Caesar's outline for the imagination....
Sweet...only you Sandy...It's a sweet sting!
Take care,
Steve

Alexandra
04-05-2014, 06:24 AM
Thank you, your are a dear, Steve. I made another version, but was too embarrassed to upload it-haha. Just think go go girl with bee costume.:o

Here is an abstract I made last night. It made me think of our old stereo player and the needle on the record, we still use and enjoy. To me, the old records sound so much better compared to digital music.

stevemawmv
04-05-2014, 06:51 AM
Sandy.....

Thank you, your are a dear, Steve. I made another version, but was too embarrassed to upload it-haha. Just think go go girl with bee costume
My imageination is creating her image as I type trhis....See, I was distracted visualizing it!
Like your new painting...not scatchy at all! ...And yes, you may be right....That's why I kept mine, box after box after box!
Take care friend,
Steve

D Akey
04-05-2014, 08:10 AM
Oh, so you're making another B Picture? Going the Roger Corman route then? Too bad we no longer have Vincent Price. . . wait, he was a fly. Never mind.

So you have a go-go bee or an Irish one perhaps, a hootin' bee-go-go? Well, if it's as tasteless as you imply, I personally would love to see it.

Yeah, I still say she needs a stinger. . . or is that why you locked her up? At the risk of sounding redundant: Great stylization and finish by the way.

Oh and I couldn't agree more about analog recordings. Love them. I love the scratches too. I actually went out and bought a turntable that plugs into my computer so I can play my old Licorice Pizzas to steal a defunct record store name.

justjean
04-05-2014, 08:17 AM
What a hoot, love her and your imagination , Sandy :D

copespeak
04-05-2014, 09:08 AM
Your flowers are gorgeous Alexandra ... so unusual. :cool:

Alexandra
04-06-2014, 02:11 AM
Haha Steve and D Akey, I am still working on her fuzzy costume!
Yeah, love those albums. So much has changed technologically in our life time, haven't they?

Thanks so much dear Jean and Robyn!

Here is a paper doll, as I wanted to join in with Cesare on his. Here is daughter of Chief Standing Buffalo. Her name, Princess Eagle Feather. Costumes coming. If anyone would like to make a costume for her, that would be fine.:o

silvy
04-06-2014, 02:33 AM
WOW Sandy, Your last ones are very lovely
I love sexy bee and her flowers:cool: Sooo great!
Very nice your abstract and your Princess Eagle Feather is beautiful. Very charmy:)

pat1940
04-06-2014, 02:46 AM
Sandy, that is so great, just had to take a look, I think she would make my chief quite happy lol

SCP
04-07-2014, 08:26 AM
Hi Sandy,lots of great work in this thread of yours,you keep improving!:):)
Princess Eagle Feather looking good,great idea and well done !:cool::cool:

Alexandra
04-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Silvy:), Pat:), and Scott:), Thanks dear friends!
Hey Scott, tonight I watched Avatar. I was thinking of how fantastic it would be to see your drawing of one of them! I loved the Gollum so much!

Here is another one I finished this evening. The Bus Stop.

stevemawmv
04-07-2014, 03:30 PM
Sandy...'Eagle Feather', I am trying to figure out how I missed this one.....I kinda think I like what she's wearing right now, looks comfortable!
Must be 'Indian Summer'....
'The Bus Stop'...like your shadows, almost looks like a pop-up book to me...
Cool, like 'em both! Take care.....
Steve

coops
04-07-2014, 10:46 PM
These are so good Sandy but I really like the pus stop one:)

Caesar
04-08-2014, 01:04 AM
Another couple of delightful illustrations looking like we're flashing back in an old book story. Curiously the charming native lady reminds the paintress herself :o (but after all You're Cheyenne too in Your DNA!) and the people waiting at the station have such a moody, nostalgic feeling that revives me memories of old books as well as my trips back and forth (not too frequent indeed) to the town where I studied at the University.

pai
04-08-2014, 10:00 AM
Oh, I love so much that "fuzzy bumblebee" painting. Beautiful. :) The last two seems told stories about them.

Alexandra
04-08-2014, 10:43 PM
To the average person traveling daily through the city, on their way to work, school, or shopping, the aliens were never spotted...but to a few sensitive individuals out there, they were seen, never to be revealed, for whom would believe the witness?
"They were here do survive as we were." Jean thought to herself as she nervously walked past the bus stop. This is how Jean perceived this world, her sighted world to be, until one evening after staying late at an office meeting she witnessed something that would change her life forever....
haha-You are right Pai, I did indeed have a story in mind. I uploaded an idea. Poorly painted, but I hope you get a kick out of it.:o;)

Steve and Katie, thank you so very much! It was fun to make.

Haha, I wish dear Cesare, thank you! I wish more of my fathers DNA made it to me, as far as his beautiful dark skin, but I received the fair complexion.
At least I got his eyes and hair though, haha. I do feel inside very Cherokee, very connected with land and nature here...in what was once the land of the Creek Nation,
and oddly enough shares a name from my father's Scottish ancestry as well.
It must have been a wonderful time for you, Cesare, going to the university. I can imagine an advanced student, and a very pleasant friend to his fellow mates.

Caesar
04-09-2014, 01:14 AM
Dear Sandra, at my times few girls attended engineering University in Turin and mostly actually not pin-ups, so I had good time with my exams, with timely and very good outcomes ... alas ....:(:D
Anyway I found a Cheyenne cousin of yours and put in my feminine characters collection, although she might probably go as well in the other collective thread hwere I made additions too LOL:o:D ... just kidding.

D Akey
04-09-2014, 01:16 AM
Love that bus stop one. Really first rate and very different theme for you. Great technique. :):):):):)

Oh, and that lassie in the shammy, very buffed. Bet she shines like a new Pontiac.

AndreaMG
04-09-2014, 07:00 AM
The alien bus stop (are they watchers from Fringe? X) is splendid. The native american girl is very good too ;)

gxhpainter2
04-10-2014, 03:12 AM
two very nice paintings, the Bus Stop is quite different for you but reading your explanation I see your great sense of humor and wit present... excellent Sandy!...

mannafig
04-10-2014, 08:48 AM
Sandy these are lovely I especially love your bumble bee is Super.

Alexandra
04-10-2014, 10:32 PM
Haha Cesare, and I understand this was a very good thing for you as you were able to focus better on your learning and have done well in life because of it! I will have to take a look at your drawing, though I know I will be surprised and shocked! haha, thanks dear!

I love your comments, thanks D Akey! Shines like a new pontiac, haha!

Thanks, Andrea. I don't have paid television, (expensive with internet and tv in my area :( ) so I don't know this show. I researched it, it sounds great. Maybe I can find the season some time. Thanks again!

Thank you Gary, this is so nice of you. ~x~

Amanda, Thank you so very much my dear friend!

Caesar
04-11-2014, 12:24 AM
... You know, dear Sandra, no busty cheyenne gal to distract me then from my engineering lessons while away from home, poor boy ...:(LOL:o:D

AndreaMG
04-11-2014, 06:58 AM
Thanks, Andrea. I don't have paid television, (expensive with internet and tv in my area :( ) so I don't know this show. I researched it, it sounds great. Maybe I can find the season some time. Thanks again!

I don't have cable tv too, I watched it in BD. It's a great tv show that might appeal also to girls. Cheers :D

pat1940
04-11-2014, 10:41 AM
Great work Sandy, really like bus stop, take care friend, we are heading out to Vancouver British Columbia for my grandsons wedding, be gone for over a month, will have my ipad so will be checking in on all the great artworks of my friends

Alexandra
04-13-2014, 12:48 AM
Haha Cesare, but when you were away from school...:rolleyes:;)

Andrea, it sounds great, I will have to look into it, thank you!

Hi Pat, thank you. I hope you have a wonderful time!

justjean
04-13-2014, 12:59 AM
Sandy, the bus stop is a wonderful real slice of life, can be seen all around the town ;)

SilverO
04-13-2014, 03:45 AM
That Bus Stop painting is really nice. I like the style of it:)

Alexandra
04-15-2014, 12:50 AM
Jean and Silver, Thanks so much!

Here is an illustration I made during my son's studies. Diana.

Caesar
04-15-2014, 12:52 AM
The Huntress! Superb style!

mannafig
04-15-2014, 04:29 AM
Beautifully done my dear Sandy.

kenmo
04-15-2014, 05:18 AM
Exceptional work...

Alexandra
04-15-2014, 09:49 PM
Cesare, Amanda, and Ken, Thank You!:):):)

D Akey
04-16-2014, 04:22 AM
She looks like she should be to the side of the stage at one of those classically ornamented theaters with balconies and boxes and grand crimson curtains with gold trim and audiences outfitted with top hats and tails and evening gowns and opera glasses (not all on the same person).

Very ornamental, Alexandra!

stevemawmv
04-16-2014, 07:39 AM
Hello Sandy...Digging it! Great image and loving the shadowing and tinting effects. Is the inspiration for this 'Katniss'?
Really like it....Take care,
Steve

SCP
04-16-2014, 11:00 AM
Hey Sandy like your take on the bustop and your latest bronze like statue looks very cool,nice work!;):cool:

Alexandra
04-16-2014, 10:44 PM
Thank you DAkey, Steve, and Scott, very much dear friends!:):):)

AndreaMG
04-17-2014, 12:10 AM
So classy... By looking at the way you drew it I think it would be perfect if engraved on a coin, now I'm waiting for what will be on the other side :D

Alexandra
04-17-2014, 09:12 AM
Thank you Andrea! :) I will try to draw another version, the flip side of the coin, haha!

Here is a girl I started a while back, and finally found a face for her. I hope you like this odd girl and her large hat with roses.

gxhpainter2
04-17-2014, 09:23 AM
the girl with the violet eyes!... beautiful work Sandy... I love the soft gold of the hat as it curls into shadow and the roses add a bit of sharp detail and great colors...

gxhpainter2
04-17-2014, 09:26 AM
love the classical and artistic style in black and grays... excellent work! --- for the previous post...:o

stevemawmv
04-17-2014, 03:20 PM
I like the 'Odd girl'... with the Elizabeth Taylor eyes.
Nice one Sandy!

justjean
04-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Sandy, your lovely painting of her makes me think of the Flapper Era :D

Caesar
04-17-2014, 07:16 PM
Dear Sandra, the composition, the figure, the expressive face, the ornaments, colors recalls in different areas, the palette .... everything here speaks of an exquisite mastery and of a gentle heart of an artist which sees reality and life lyrically and magically ... I feel a little ashamed for painting my silly works just for fun and relax, when I see such intense and professional paintings. Heartfelt congrats!

silvy
04-18-2014, 05:20 AM
Diana is superb, as the goddess who is, but the odd girl is so cool:D:cool:
Adorabile!
Great work Sandra!

coops
04-23-2014, 11:00 PM
Some lovely work here again Sandy but I really like the last one, well done:)

Alexandra
05-11-2014, 06:14 PM
Thanks so much everybody, I sure appreciate all of your kind replies:
Gary
Steve
Jean
Cesare
Silvy
Katie

D Akey
05-12-2014, 03:41 AM
Nice painting indeed. Great composition and a really warm style, reminiscent of the soft silver screen tinted toward the warms. I can see this girl probably working in some office pool, looking for romance with the boss or the boss' son, and let the games begin. Sort of a Clara Bow, IT Girl, and I'm not talking Information Technology. I'm talking about the rage at the time -- as in "She's Got 'it'. . . " that special something. Way before that, although her communication skills are surely part of her presence -- even in the silent era.

This painting must have slipped by when I wasn't looking. Glad I caught it. Was worth seeing for sure.

AndreaMG
05-12-2014, 08:05 AM
I missed her too. So beautiful ;)

byroncallas
05-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi Sandy. Long time, no visit. Spent time this evening with your entire thread - and wow, yes, terrific doodles throughout. Wonderful diversity and imagination.
Hope you've been well. All best.
b

Alexandra
05-14-2014, 07:47 AM
D Akey, Thanks so much, as always I enjoy and appreciate your wonderful comments!

Andrea, thanks so much! She was a fun one to make.

Hi Byron, great to see you, and thanks for peeking in on my thread. I am doing well, thanks. Best wishes to you and Rosy.xx
I am at work with repairs, planting, and various things with the house and family. I managed to make a doodle this afternoon though.

copespeak
05-14-2014, 10:22 AM
Wow! That is spectacular Alexandra! I'm trying to work out how you did it. :) :)

Caesar
05-14-2014, 07:48 PM
I appreciate Your new passion for geometry and topology, dear Alexandra. You're a modern Escher! It requires genius and skill to set up such a gorgeous show! Congrats!

Alexandra
05-14-2014, 11:59 PM
Hey Robyn, I owe this fun to our Mr. Pinckney.
All that I do it draw a squiggle with the ink pen, magic wand the shape and begin a new layer.
I highlight, shadow, or add texture with whatever I wish. Use the filters, combine.
Next I duplicate, flip the image, transform to different shape, and move the layers around to add to the illusion of a connective shape.
Lastly, play with the colors after merging layers with contrast or filters.

Here is another example and a flower for you!

Cesare:o Now that I have explained how easy, you will see that I am just a goof off most of the time taking advantage of this amazing software! haha.

justjean
05-15-2014, 12:33 AM
Sandy, you always amaze me when you venture down that rabbit hole, both are terrific :D

gxhpainter2
05-15-2014, 02:42 AM
Sandy you are too modest, your choice of colors and the sensitive handling of the background space could only be done with someone with a great deal of artistic and creative flair.... these are quite outstanding forms.... love the colors ...

Caesar
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
You unveiled Your tricks, dear Sandra, but that makes little difference because it confirms that ingenuity, finess, skill and artistic sensibility are still required in considerable amout to get these figure. I wonder whether you would also be able to make color blend and change along the patterns of these intricate shapes. I guess You may do that too!

coops
05-16-2014, 01:54 AM
Great additions Sandy:)

kenmo
05-16-2014, 03:02 AM
Thank you Andrea! :) I will try to draw another version, the flip side of the coin, haha!

Here is a girl I started a while back, and finally found a face for her. I hope you like this odd girl and her large hat with roses.

Very nice....:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

Alexandra
05-16-2014, 03:03 AM
Jean and Katie, thanks so much! They are so fun to make. I do need to upload them to Peter's thread soon.

Dear Gary, I am so flattered:o I really do enjoy AR and at times can get totally absorbed with the selections available. It is as I imagine with your awesome paintings, fun to just let the creative spirit out of the box. Again, thank you!

Cesare, Again, I am so embarrassed with such kind words from such gifted artists as you two.:o This is a wonderful idea with the colors. I recently used glitter as a texture merged with a color and using the saturation filter created some really neat effects. I think this combined with your color blending and new shapes suggestion may be a really nice effect. Thanks so much!

Alexandra
05-16-2014, 03:06 AM
Hey Ken, I almost missed you. Thanks so much!

stevemawmv
05-16-2014, 04:01 AM
Love these Dear Sandy, You have such good control of shadowing and textures that it gives a three demisional and visual depth to some of the paintings
you do....Nicely done!
Thanks for visiting me,
Steve

copespeak
05-16-2014, 09:01 AM
Thanks for your description Alexandra! I will sneak some time to read and have a play. Your red flower is brilliant!

Alexandra
05-16-2014, 09:32 AM
Hey Steve, thank you. Also big hugs to get well soon.

Hey Robyn, don't forget once you magic wand your design and begin a new layer-use some of the textures in stencils, or the cool artwork in the stamps and stickers. Here is an example of this and using a top layer of a contrasting color in saturation filtering. Thanks for the kind comment on the flower, and I am looking forward to seeing one of your rabbit hole designs.:cool:

D Akey
05-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Ah, disco time for the microbial set!

. . .

Then I get night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it.
Gimme that night fever, night fever.
We know how to show it.

Here I am,
Prayin' for this moment to last,
Livin' on the music so fine,
Borne on the wind,
Makin' it mine.

Night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it.
We know how to show it.

In the heat of our love,
Don't need no help for us to make it.
Gimme just enough to take us to the mornin'.
I got fire in my mind.
I got higher in my walkin'.
And I'm glowin' in the dark;
I give you warnin'.

And that sweet city woman,
She moves through the light,
Controlling my mind and my soul.
When you reach out for me
Yeah, and the feelin' is bright,

Then I get night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it.
We know how to show it.

Here I am,
Prayin' for this moment to last,
Livin' on the music so fine,
Borne on the wind,
Makin' it mine.

Night fever, night fever.
We know how to do it.
We know how to show it.

pai
05-16-2014, 05:24 PM
Haven't seen your amazing imagined art for so long. It's a blast for my eyes now, to see such beautiful designs and colors you used. I really like them especially the last one, my favorite color palette. Yay ! the rabbit hole again, I remembered Peter started it out on Arts Project thread. I haven't read through how you did it yet. It's just amazing design shapes and shadows you created, very 3D fractal like too. Beautiful works, Sandy :)

byroncallas
05-17-2014, 01:55 AM
Love the new additions, Sandy, and the inspired commentary that has come along in support of them. :)

justjean
05-17-2014, 08:04 AM
Love both the shape and the colours , Sandy :D

kenmo
05-19-2014, 01:09 AM
Love it...nice work with the stickers....

Alexandra
05-19-2014, 03:17 PM
Haha, D Akey, now I see this reminds you of this period in music! It reminds me of how I used to study the album covers of my sister's and brother's albums, especially the Yes covers by the Dean bros. I was so fascinated with their style and their sci-fi worlds that seemed to draw the viewers into their fantastic worlds. Also, I am reminded of a song and music I loved so much by John Anderson and Steve Howe: "Roundabout"
I'll be the roundabout
The words will make you out an' out
You spend the day your way
Call it morning driving
Through the south
In an' out the valley

The music, dance and sing
They make the children really ring
I spend the day your way
Call it morning driving
Through the south
In an' out the valley

In and around the lake
Mountains come out of the sky
And they stand there
One mile over we'll be there
And we'll see you
Ten true summers we'll be back
And laughing too
Twenty four before my love
You'll see, I'll be there with you....

Thanks so much Pai, it is fun to get lost in it all! I hope you will feel like joining in on this rabbit hole fun.

Thanks Byron, sure appreciate it and again wonderful to see you!

Thank you Jean, I am afraid that I live near a lot of train tracks, and view a lot of graffiti, haha!

Thanks Ken so much!

eighty+
05-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Hi. Sandra I like the. Octopus 'eeeeessss. In love ;) :D:D:D. Kia Ora

Alexandra
05-19-2014, 11:30 PM
Hey Eighty, thanks!

Something for everyone today and always really....

"The great man is he who does not lose his childlike heart."
-**Mencius**

"When it's over, I want to say: all my life
I was a bride married to amazement.
I was the bridegroom, taking the world into my arms."
-**Mary Oliver**

"Life is huge!* Rejoice about the sun, moon, flowers, and sky.* Rejoice about the food you have to eat.* Rejoice about the body that houses your spirit. Rejoice about the fact that you can be a positive force in the world around you. Rejoice about the love that is around you.* If you want to be happy, commit to making your life one of rejoicing."
-* Author Unknown**

"What a joy it is to feel the soft, springy earth under my feet once more, to follow grassy roads that lead to ferny brooks where I can bathe my fingers in a cataract of rippling notes, or to clamber over a stone wall into green fields that tumble and roll and climb in riotous gladness!"
-**Helen Keller**

"The colors of the rainbow so pretty in the sky
Are also on the faces of people goin' by
I see friends shaking hands saying, "How do you do"
They're really saying "I love you."
I hear babies cry, I watch then grow
They'll learn much more than I'll ever know;
And I think to myself, What a wonderful world;
Yes, I think to myself, What a wonderful world.
Oh yeah!"
-* Louis Armstrong**

stevemawmv
05-20-2014, 03:43 AM
Yes, Indeed, it is a wonderful world!
Love the spirit of your last piece and I find the two thingamajigs interacting togather an interesting image.
Nicely done Sandy...Also, thanks for the hugs and best wishes!
Take care friend,
Steve

gxhpainter2
05-20-2014, 04:10 AM
Sandy your work and comments are a great breath of fresh air and music to the spirit..... Lets rejoice in you great artistic skill !.... love this last one with the man and the rainbow.... thank you very much for sharing.:):):):)

silvy
05-20-2014, 04:17 AM
Dear Sandy, agree with gxhpainter and steve......WOW wonderful paintings in a wonderful world:D
Love all the new adds:)

Caesar
05-20-2014, 08:40 PM
What a jump! What is our dear D Akey jubilating for there, somewhere over the rainbow? LOL:o;) You never cease to stun us with Your ideas and unique style with any tool.

I would add to Your literary amnd musical references also a very short poetry by Trilussa (1871-1950), a poet of Rome who often used irony and the Roman dialect to mock the hypocrisy and the presumptuous people.

C'è un'ape che si posa
su un bottone di rosa:
lo succhia e se ne va.
Tutto sommato, la felicità
è una piccola cosa.

(I divided it to better enjoy rhymes and pauses)

There's a bee that alights on a rosebud:
it sucks from it and goes.
After all happiness is a simple thing.

AndreaMG
05-21-2014, 06:53 AM
Haha, jump, jump, love how you implemented the perspective distortion :cool: Ciao

D Akey
05-21-2014, 07:58 AM
Yes. . . I mean Yes. . . how do I say this without sounding like a corporate "yes man".
Yes, I like Yes, and do remember that song -- how could one not? Do do do do do do doop, ya da da da da da dahp. . .

Those are some awesome quotes, the kind that rather than weighing you down allows you to leap with rainbows. . . unless you're Helen Keller in which case you bounce on the spongy grass -- really high though. . . What a phenomenon she was! When I see references to her or when I want to change perceptions, I occasionally try to visualize myself in her condition. Yet when I'm finding I can sorta go there in my mind, I quickly pop right back out cause I'm far too attached to my senses for that level of inner exploration. God Bless her. Sort of "the road less traveled" takes on a whole different level of meaning with her, when most would run the risk of just atrophying as a consciousness.

And of course that classic Louis Armstrong Wonderful World is one I used to teach myself clarinet as his back up in the solitude of my work room. It's a good one for that because it's fairly easy as a melody and the message inspires and overlays the process of making wrong notes when fumbling around on a new instrument a total joy, as if being cheered on by an old mentor.

The other quotes are great as well and I was unfamiliar with them. Thanks for bringing them as the warm up act for your rainbow. Brilliant and joyful image. And whether or not it's me or Eighty Ploos or anybody else, it's all of us who are into artfully straddling the worlds between what does not yet exist and what does.

Go Alexandra GO!!! Keep leaping. . . oh, though you might want to take in your beard a few inches, lassie. . . :D:D:D:D:D

-----------

@ Caesar - What a great poem. I'll have to look him up. He sounds sort of Zen or existentialist inspired. I wouldn't know about the political side though. But I really like the humanist side that this poem implies for me.

Caesar
05-21-2014, 07:04 PM
Dear D Akey, I doubt Trilussa even knew what zen was. He certainly didn't stand too much neither the most famous magniloquent (or grandiloquent?)poets like D'Annunzio nor the behaviour and arrogance of some ignorant little fascist bosses he made fun of, at his own risk. Actually he used his wit and language mastery also to win unformal verbal duels in the streets of Rome (a hard task knowing the irony, sarcasm and disenchanted spirit of Romans) somehow similarly to the verbal duel of rappers today. As for his sociological views, he's also very much cited for his ironic observation about statistics, where he observed that "If You eat two chicken and I eat none, as an average we ate one each" which would fit better than ever this age of enormously grown injustice.

byroncallas
05-21-2014, 07:59 PM
Wonderful spirit Sandy.

Alexandra
05-23-2014, 08:16 AM
Thank you dear Steve. You know...I am okay as long as I don't watch the news.:eek: And the hug, we are here with best wishes for you dear man!

Hey Gary, thank you! I think we have such an inspirational group here. Things have been a little tough lately, and I found this site with uplifting quotes, and it does make a difference on focusing on positive things. Thanks again dear friend.

Thank you dear Silvy, it is always a pleasure to see you!

Haha, Cesare, it is D Akey, huh? Thanks dear! The poetry, it is not difficult to understand how he feels, is it?

Just a quickie, Andrea, and a little fun with the program. So glad you enjoyed it, and thank you!

Aye, DAkey, let us jump and runabout, touching down below so lightly as we shout...what a wonderful world...
Remember...wear pants when you are doing this, your traditional kilt and its lack of under garments is not appropriate here in this country.:o

Thanks Byron, it was a Monday very typical when I made this one, and I sure needed it, haha.:p;):D

D Akey
05-23-2014, 08:36 AM
Haha, Cesare, it is D Akey, huh? Thanks dear! The poetry, it is not difficult to understand how he feels, is it?

Aye, DAkey, let us jump and runabout, touching down below so lightly as we shout...what a wonderful world...
Remember...wear pants when you are doing this, your traditional kilt and its lack of under garments is not appropriate here in this country.:o

Oh aye. . . Well for those leapers and bounders of us among the kilt-wearin' echelon, why we're just showing what folks are relegated to staring at by choosing to exist as mere pedestrians and, pardon the expression, as bottom feeders. Advice to those who want a better perspective on life than climbing around in the mud staring up at a bunch of cheery asses, grab your paints and hitch a ride on a rainbow, that's the stoof. . . oh aye. . .the high road's the way of it. . .

coops
05-23-2014, 10:45 PM
Wonderful additions Sandy and I am off to find that crock of gold at the end of the rainbow:)

Alexandra
05-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Aye, totally agree D Akey, be yourself, don't worry about the bottoms, uh sorry, and don't forget the wee tassels on the knee socks, totally rockin they are.:o

Take me with you Katie, thank you!

I was inspired by a vintage poster I saw on the internet and made one of my own, totally different. I really liked the the taller slender woman of the twenties best, but I was sketching it on the computer from my kindle.:p

Caesar
05-26-2014, 09:21 PM
I'm glad you don't have any problem with Your bathsuit test, dear Sandra! You look healthy and fit indeed ...LOL;):o Apart from kidding, another hit parade winner!

coops
05-27-2014, 11:09 PM
Thats super Sandy, well done:)

D Akey
05-28-2014, 03:37 AM
. . .And not a hair out of place. Now that's what I call a retro scene. Nice figure. . . Wooohooooo!!!!!! Yeah, that beach looks very fun. . . beach, I said. Well, it all looks rather fun. Mission accomplished!

SCP
05-29-2014, 01:27 PM
I have missed some of your works Dear Sandy,sorry been away from the forums.I really like your your take on the beach scene,well done Sandy !:D:D

kenmo
05-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Sandy....love your beach scene....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

stevemawmv
05-30-2014, 04:31 AM
Well, aloha Sandy.....expecting to read 'Enjoying the sun, ocean, sand and this hugh beach ball....wish you were here'!
Fun stuff.....
Take care,
Steve

silvy
05-30-2014, 04:37 AM
Beautiful Pin:)Up on the beach:cool:

Alexandra
05-31-2014, 05:02 AM
Hi Cesare, haha, yes, that is me, in my dreams, years ago, haha! Thanks!

Thanks Katie, I hope you are able to take some time off and have a nice beach holiday this year!

Yes, you are right D Akey, no stray hair! She had just left her hairdresser and has hairspray applied just for the photo shoot.haha.:p

Hey Scott, I have as well. I have so much to take care of today, but I wanted to make sure I popped in to say hello before I go. Always great to see you here dear friend, and thank you!

Hey Ken, thank you dear!

That is funny that you write this, Steve. The original one that I had made had Come Visit Georgia Islands. I hope that we all can go to one of them this year. I love St. Simons. Thank you!

Great to see you Silvy, thanks so much!

copespeak
05-31-2014, 08:10 AM
She is just beautiful Alexandra, and I LOVE that sea! :cool:

justjean
05-31-2014, 08:27 AM
Sandy, love the freedom and happiness in both the fellow jumping over the rainbow and the lady having a great time in the sun and surf :D

Alexandra
05-31-2014, 04:15 PM
Hey Robyn, Thank you! The sea was an experiment. I'm so happy that you liked it!:)

Thanks so much Jean!:)

Alexandra
07-18-2014, 12:02 PM
or waiting for Neil's sheep to come home.;)

stevemawmv
07-18-2014, 12:57 PM
Hi Sandy.....
Good to see the 'Doodles' thread back.....Nice rolling hills landscape you got here.
Goin' read till the sheep come home?.....Yeah I know, it's cows but were talkin' sheep here!
Nicely done,
Steve

Alexandra
07-18-2014, 01:04 PM
I just hope that there are none of those howling sheep out there though, Steve, seems Neil has been adding a few wild ones to his flock lately.:eek::p
Thanks, Steve.;):D

SCP
07-20-2014, 11:24 AM
Very nice Sandy,picked a very peaceful spot to read before the sheep come!

AndreaMG
07-21-2014, 02:37 AM
Lovely painting. The one under the tree might easily be Peter as well :o

justjean
07-21-2014, 10:44 AM
A lovely peaceful scene, Sandy and hope that's not a murder mystery if the sheep are howling ;)

Nika
07-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Amazing collection of works. Love the style :)

gxhpainter2
07-22-2014, 02:38 AM
Alexandra, I love the soft misty colors in your sky and the creative trees, and the small figure reading away, I was always a big reader as a child and now still, but also love audio books... this would make a great children's poster for library week !.. :cool: :):)

Caesar
07-22-2014, 02:57 AM
Really beautiful. It reminded me of Giacomo Leopardi and the start of his Canto notturo di un pastore errante dell'Asia.

Che fai tu luna in ciel? dimmi, che fai,
silenziosa luna?

Night Song Of A Wandering Asian Shepherd

"What do you do, moon, aloft? Let me know
what, silent moon, you do.

This is the complete translation of the poetry in case and how it sounds by an absolutely great actor no more with us.
http://imaginaryboys.altervista.org/english/poetry/leopardi_eng2.htm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7PaXzp2Zh8&ei=WinNU_2NJM H_4QS4zoCgDA&usg=AFQjCNGUXA6hz0FL8beN9ikGObdBvIRnGQ

pat1940
07-22-2014, 10:02 AM
Sandy, another wonderful painting, pleasure to view, things are looking up for us again, both feeling much better now