PDA

View Full Version : DisIntegration Set 1 AKA Street Carnival

gxhpainter2
02-23-2014, 07:06 PM
a review of Pointillism, a tedious process , I like the results but not likely to try this again.. I changed the title as Andrea says it is more of a carnival with confetti flying.. that was really the mood I had going but was stuck for the title, :cool:

stevemawmv
02-23-2014, 09:27 PM
Gary...
I like it, I'm seeing lots of images in there, don't know if I should be?
From ducks, snakes, 'not known to me symbols' to a ancient astronaut....
Glad you used random thingies instead of those tiny dots, makes more
sense and easier to read the image...
I think its cool,
Take care,
Steve

Caesar
02-23-2014, 10:12 PM
Really tedious and too mechanical. As a matter of fact I used to prefer the Italian related version of such a style called divisionismo which had, at least, a fre vibration of little brushstrokes thus of light like in the example of Segantini and his alpine landscape and scenes or as used by Aristide Sartorio in his Liberty style inspired paintings.
Nonetheless You can get marvellous personal paintings from whichever approach You use, dear Gary!

AndreaMG
02-24-2014, 06:56 AM
I like it. It looks like a carnival on a street ;)

gxhpainter2
02-24-2014, 11:26 AM
Gary...
I like it, I'm seeing lots of images in there, don't know if I should be?
From ducks, snakes, 'not known to me symbols' to a ancient astronaut....
Glad you used random thingies instead of those tiny dots, makes more
sense and easier to read the image...
I think its cool,
Take care,
Steve Thanks Steve lots of prime symbols creep into my work...:rolleyes:

Really tedious and too mechanical. As a matter of fact I used to prefer the Italian related version of such a style called divisionismo which had, at least, a fre vibration of little brushstrokes thus of light like in the example of Segantini and his alpine landscape and scenes or as used by Aristide Sartorio in his Liberty style inspired paintings.
Nonetheless You can get marvellous personal paintings from whichever approach You use, dear Gary! Thanks Caesar I will check out Aristide Sartorio 's work

I like it. It looks like a carnival on a street ;) You got it ! I just had to rename this... it really is a carnival with streamers and confettii' flying.;);)

Caesar
02-24-2014, 08:48 PM
Here's Giovanni Segantini: https://www.google.it/search?q=segantini&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XvgKU4LpL8Lg4QSe_oFw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=929
and here's Aristide Sartorio who fell pretty soon into the Liberty/ Nouveau art style, though his somehow national way: https://www.google.it/search?q=segantini&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XvgKU4LpL8Lg4QSe_oFw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=929#q=aristide+sartorio&tbm=isch

kenmo
02-25-2014, 12:57 AM
Very cool....:cool::cool::cool::cool:

gxhpainter2
02-25-2014, 04:28 AM
Here's Giovanni Segantini: https://www.google.it/search?q=segantini&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XvgKU4LpL8Lg4QSe_oFw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=929
and here's Aristide Sartorio who fell pretty soon into the Liberty/ Nouveau art style, though his somehow national way: https://www.google.it/search?q=segantini&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=XvgKU4LpL8Lg4QSe_oFw&sqi=2&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=929#q=aristide+sartorio&tbm=isch Thanks for the links Caesar, I found them quite interesting, especially Aristide Sartorio his use of color is quite fantastic

Very cool....:cool::cool::cool::cool: Thanks kenmo, been quite a while since I have heard from you, although I took several months off and am just now getting back to it.. hope things are will in your world..:cool:

D Akey
02-25-2014, 06:25 AM
Really works. New Years shredding the old pictures to bring a brand new start. (not suggesting this for anyone, just thinking of my own process)
Has a paradigm shift feel to a new level. As the pinup artist used to say at the stroke of Midnight on Jan 1, "Out with the old, in with the nude!"

No? Too prosaic for us. "Out with the old, in with the. . . champagne and cheese!" Accurate for a gallery opening, but not quite catchy enough for a slogan. . . Well, like all paradigm shifts, we'll have to just wait and see what is in the offing. It sure is looking good though.

justjean
02-25-2014, 06:58 AM
Yep a great carnival feel to this Gary, the wild display of colours and shapes as the tempo increases :D