PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping Lady

pat1940
02-22-2014, 09:42 AM
Done in oil, ref from internet

AndreaMG
02-22-2014, 09:47 AM
Hi Pat, it looks done alla prima, great approach and skillful use of the violet:cool:

stevemawmv
02-22-2014, 10:48 AM
Shu... don't wake her!
Beautiful blend of colors...very nicely done!
Take care,
Steve

justjean
02-22-2014, 05:03 PM
Pat, you are doing great and love all the colours in your painting :):)

copespeak
02-22-2014, 06:22 PM
I'm working on a similar pose at the moment too Pat. Lovely chunky style with a really unusual mix of colours. Well Painted!

gxhpainter2
02-23-2014, 06:49 AM
Pat very expressive color and brush work, very well done and quite a departure from the smooth style of your "Goya" work..:):)

Caesar
02-23-2014, 08:52 AM
Well done, dear Pat! I like it and she has a quite classical pose.

D Akey
02-23-2014, 09:52 AM
Do ya remember the old mood rings and how they work? Color of the ring indicates the mood?
http://www.personal.psu.edu/afr3/blogs/SIOW/2011/11/how-mood-rings-show-mood-swings.html

Well, were I looking at her from the given vantage point, I would have to say that this lass is complex and maybe a little conflicted. She is filled with mixed emotions right about now if I know my mood colors. . .

And I can thank we can attribute this to the viewer's stupid cold hands. . .I just know it. But hey, they say it means a warm heart. . . What? Nothing? Um. . . Stupid Winter. . . Time to hibernate I suppose.

However. . . on the other hand (the warmer one) as a painting it's very intriguing Pat. I like your bold interest in pushing color. It's a way I like to go to get a rich and lively painting. As we spoke some time back, Pino was really great with this kind of thing, being my favorite non-fantasy paperback illustrator primarily because he could really use color as well as paint women. I'm wondering if you were looking at his work as inspiration for this. The nice thing I like about your work is that it is a painting first and foremost. You're approaching the canvas like an artist -- looking at shapes and colors and so forth in addition to the primary subjective departure point of the representation of a female's back and fabric and all the literal stuff.

I think that over time you're going to arrive at the subtlety that comes from lots of painting mileage and familiarity with where to place color and where to broad scrub brushstroke it as a beginning point and where then to tighten up certain elements to make it suddenly come together like a magic trick (if you're doing Pino as suggested by your color work here. If Boucher, then it will be more controlled which was the style of the era he painted in).

This is a very cool. . .er warm. . .er hot. . .um, mood ringy painting.

pat1940
02-24-2014, 10:06 AM
Andrea, such a nice compliment, thankyou so much
Thanks Steve, you are always so kind with comments
Thankyou dear Jean, appreciate your kind comments
Hi Robyn, cant wait to see yours, thanks for kind comments
Gary, thankyou for checking in, always appreciated
Thankyou dear Caesar, you are the expert on ladies lol
Dear Akey, yes I do remember the mood rings(I had one) lol, Pino is one of my favorite artist, I am not sure if this is Pino, forgot where I found it and have deleted the ref, but I am working on Pino right now...Coming Storm....I am always looking for ref on the web as I do not have the talent to paint from my brain, I sure wish I did but maybe when I am 100 yrs old it may enter my brain lol...thanks for all the wonderful comments, I always appreciate them and so thrilled that you like my paintings, but always feel free to comment on the not so good as this has helped me so much on this site....everyone have a great day

eighty+
02-24-2014, 09:36 PM
Pat. :D. You can almost smell. The Turb's ;). :D:D:D:D:D:D. SLAINTE

kenmo
02-25-2014, 01:58 AM
Fantastic work Pat....

limey-g
02-25-2014, 02:54 AM
Hi Pat, a lovely classical pose with a great choice of colours.
Regards Geoff

Alexandra
02-25-2014, 11:49 AM
Wow Pat, beautiful.

pat1940
02-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Thankyou dear eighty, appreciate you looking in
Ken, thanks for checking it out, always appreciate it
Geoff, so glad you like it, thanks a lot
Sandy, thanks dear friend

coops
02-26-2014, 01:49 AM
I really like this Pat, the colours are brilliant:)

pat1940
02-27-2014, 08:56 PM
Thankyou dear Katie, appreciate your kind comments

byroncallas
12-20-2016, 09:20 AM
Pat, was poking around and stumbled on this. Really good.
...and Happy Holidays.
:-)
b