PDA

View Full Version : a quick wave...hello

BTadlock
02-17-2014, 05:34 AM
I think, like Bobbi, I'm really ready to be done with winter and could use someplace warmer or different.

Here's a wave painting I did last night / this morning. Spent about 2hrs on it.
I kind of like how it turned out.
Any thoughts?

howdoo
02-17-2014, 06:36 AM
Your 2 hrs spent on this painting were very well rewarded with this impressive depiction of a wave. The light hitting the crest and spray and the translucency of the water makes this study so effective.You have a real talent for water, well done.

gxhpainter2
02-17-2014, 06:42 AM
great work on this painting ... I like the control of color to achieve the translucent wave, the darkened sky and light on the rocks and splashes of sea foam are nice touches... for a two hour effort you got a great result

Peter Pinckney
02-17-2014, 06:44 AM
"Any thoughts?"

Only one...................BRILLIANT!

BTadlock
02-17-2014, 07:43 AM
Thanks howdoo.
I recorded a video of the process but couldn't get it to come out right.
I was hoping to put it on youtube with my other painting videos, but oh well.

-Brett

Your 2 hrs spent on this painting were very well rewarded with this impressive depiction of a wave. The light hitting the crest and spray and the translucency of the water makes this study so effective.You have a real talent for water, well done.

BTadlock
02-17-2014, 07:44 AM
Thanks Peter!

-Brett

"Any thoughts?"

Only one...................BRILLIANT!

BTadlock
02-17-2014, 07:47 AM
Thanks GX!

I think on the next one I'm going to play around with the foam more. I really like painting these "light through the wave" paintings. They're a bit different from the normal cresting eye (which I like painting too).

-Brett

great work on this painting ... I like the control of color to achieve the translucent wave, the darkened sky and light on the rocks and splashes of sea foam are nice touches... for a two hour effort you got a great result

copespeak
02-17-2014, 08:24 AM
I really like painting these "light through the wave" paintings.

I love paintings with the light through the waves, and yours is really effective. Wonderful work!

BTadlock
02-17-2014, 10:52 AM
Thanks!
I hope to paint more in AR and put them up on here soon.

-Brett

I love paintings with the light through the waves, and yours is really effective. Wonderful work!

D Akey
02-18-2014, 12:12 PM
Got that lighting 'just so'. . . Nice luminosity in the focal point.

eighty+
02-18-2014, 02:18 PM
Smashing only one thought. The spray or foam oo the 2ndrock takes away the impact of the 1st

But take no notice as I havn't. a. Clue ;). :D:D:D. SLAINTE

BTadlock
02-19-2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks D!
I was trying to aggressively pull the view to that by making it glow more.
Hoped it would balance the other darker heavier areas.

Got that lighting 'just so'. . . Nice luminosity in the focal point.

BTadlock
02-19-2014, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the critique eighty+!

It is a good thought and feedback. I had hoped the brightness of the focal point would outweigh the other elements enough to get the viewer to move around and then come back to the glow. But, I really see what you're talking about.

-Brett

Smashing only one thought. The spray or foam oo the 2ndrock takes away the impact of the 1st

But take no notice as I havn't. a. Clue ;). :D:D:D. SLAINTE

stevemawmv
02-19-2014, 05:11 PM
Nicely done! I visited your gallery and enjoyed viewing your paintings...
'Moonlit Ocean', killer painting! Don't have any thoughts or constructive criticism to give,
other then its good work, and looking forward for more...
Steve

HarlequiNQB
02-19-2014, 05:55 PM
I'm just going to join the crowd and compliment you on the scattered light through the wave. Lovely.

If I have to offer critique, it would be that the rocks do not feel as solid as the wave due to the rougher style. They don't detract much, but as the eye wanders the slight drop in quality is apparent (though this may be intentional to draw focus to the, urm, focus). Still gorgeous though. :)

Caesar
02-19-2014, 08:58 PM
Great spot on lighting for an effective painting indeed! The luminous ray through a big, greeny wave fascinated to me since ever.

coops
02-20-2014, 04:12 AM
Beautiful work on that wave, well done:)