PDA

View Full Version : Another absence...

Gms9810
02-15-2014, 09:00 AM
I haven't checked in here for a while, which I know is traumatic for everybody, but I had good reason. I've been using my old laptop slow dual core, 3g ram, 1024x768 screen which can't keep up. My mother in law had a small life insurance policy and after her expenses were covered we had some leftover. Now I have a quad core 32g ram and a 1920x1080 17" screen and an Intuos pen & touch. This thing is faster than a hooker at a plumber's convention, nothing lags it I can draw on massive screens now.
Bundled with the Intuos was painter and Photoshop elements. I don't think much of painter but elements is fun to play with.

I also bought a pack of oil pastels, a set of oil paint, 3 fan brushes, a 1" brush, a 2" brush, two palette knives, a traditional one and a Bob Ross type. I also bought some graphite sticks and a professional quality pencil sharpener so I won't keep eating up my Prismacolors.

When the weather is better I'm going to make attachment for my step ladder that will convert it to an easel when I want it.

I B a happy old guy.

D Akey
02-15-2014, 11:36 AM
Apparently so B the pipe fitters. . . and the said hooker. . . Which leads me to the big education question, if the prostitute B the hooker, I wonder at all the years I wasted in school playing hookee -- wherein I had sadly gotten it all wrong. . . I thought it meant avoiding school in general. . .
When I think of all those years I had been repeatedly punished for a crime I did NOT commit. The nuns never even insinuated why they were brandishing rulers. But I digress. . .

Well good on ya, lad. May you experience great things with your computer upgrade.

copespeak
02-15-2014, 07:44 PM
Nothing as good as a happy George! :)

Gms9810
02-16-2014, 12:42 PM
Also got two new young rats, we had two die of old age last week.