PDA

View Full Version : Kitty

copespeak
02-14-2014, 11:34 AM
Morning's play with my friend's new kitten.

Bobbi
02-14-2014, 01:23 PM
How sweet. Beautiful face on this kitten. Well done!

D Akey
02-14-2014, 01:58 PM
All I see is a cute fur face who will want me to open the door for years and years. <deadpan> Oh joy. . .

Really though it's utterly charming and I agree that the face, especially the wide eyes are so much how they look and what makes them so adorable. Excellent fluff too. May want to attend or compensate for the picture angle and the feet/legs. Without the context of the photo the distortion doesn't quite make sense. Minor issue because we're really not concerned overmuch with anatomy. But still. . .

copespeak
02-14-2014, 02:10 PM
Thanks Bobbi!

Mr Akey, the angles are pretty spot on, and I quite like him floating in space. I put some background in and it lost what I was trying to achieve. What you might not see is that he is actually settled back onto his rear, with his (our left) leg quite splayed. :)

You're right about door opening, I don't do cats, but I couldn't resist this little fellow. :)

justjean
02-14-2014, 02:34 PM
He's a cutie with those big blue eyes :)

D Akey
02-14-2014, 02:36 PM
Mr Akey, the angles are pretty spot on, and I quite like him floating in space. I put some background in and it lost what I was trying to achieve. What you might not see is that he is actually settled back onto his rear, with his (our left) leg quite splayed. :)

You're right about door opening, I don't do cats, but I couldn't resist this little fellow. :)

Quite right. Cats get into some pretty odd poses analogous to some young teenagers like girls on the phone laid out on a sofa (before cell phones perhaps).

stevemawmv
02-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Oh, he's a cutie alright!
Really like the way you did his eyes, and 'Great job' on his fur....
Nicely done Robyn!
Steve

gxhpainter2
02-15-2014, 04:21 AM
Robyn, what a sweet little kitten and you have captured the rough fur and playful attitude in the eyes...:cool::cool::cool:

AndreaMG
02-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Nice kitty! As usual you managed to paint the eyes in a way that even a kitty cat seems to have the aura of a lion king :cool:

coops
02-16-2014, 11:45 PM
What a beautiful kitty. With those eyes she could get whatever she wants.:)

Caesar
02-17-2014, 09:21 PM
It's a beauty, both the cat and the painting!

Marilyn Anne
02-18-2014, 09:23 AM
Such a charming cat beautifully painted.

copespeak
02-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Thank you both. :) :) It took me an hour and I sold two prints at my Artist Market on the weekend, so it's paid its way and entertained me at the same time. :)

shekofte
02-20-2014, 03:23 AM
copespeak
you are really proficient in your work , i saw most of your paintings plus your cool subjects you selected (animals,insects ...) your drawing style is easily distinguishable from another works ;)
i am curious to see whether you have any plan for drawings strange plants , human anatomical or combined creatures like centaur too ?

and the kitty is so cute that cause i stare to it for minutes ...
good luck

copespeak
02-20-2014, 08:12 AM
Hi Shekofte, I am always leaning towards our animal friends, and have done so all my life. No matter hard I try I rarely do anything that doesn't have a realistic basis. I do like angels, centaurs, pans and mermaids, so who knows? Strange plants? Hmmm. :cool: