PDA

View Full Version : Going Back

gxhpainter2
02-13-2014, 02:51 PM
a time portal into my Mayan/Native American ancestral lands. Or something like that..

copespeak
02-13-2014, 05:00 PM
You're really firing at the moment! Love your colours! :)

D Akey
02-14-2014, 05:02 AM
Wow. This would probably get snapped up quick in New Mexico both because of the pattern around the side which feels sort of Native American Pueblo, but it has the colors of the desert as well.

I'm thinking of a lot of different things with this one. Feels wild and free yet contained by tasteful design with that frame or border. And that in itself carries one connotation.

I also like the Abstract Expressionistic juicy center, like biting into a bon bon from a chocolate box. Really does feel like those kinds of super aggressive process paintings like DeKooning and that lot. You nailed the style. The frame effect is a new wrinkle and sets up an interesting tension between them. . . which works nicely, I might add, as if it were a street painting hanging in a fancy, designer Manhattan apartment.

Anyway, it's cool stuff. I can see a number of your former directions coming together in these new offerings after your hiatus. Bravo!

Marilyn Anne
02-14-2014, 11:03 AM
It does remind me of Native American art and life style. Really like it.

justjean
02-14-2014, 02:33 PM
I like this, the colours and shapes :):):)

stevemawmv
02-14-2014, 07:04 PM
Hello Gary,
Even If you posted your painting without a description or simply titleless, the Native American theme punches out at you!
Great job,
Steve

gxhpainter2
02-15-2014, 04:14 AM
You're really firing at the moment! Love your colours! :) Robyn, thanks on this one I went back to some more natural colors, after the bright schemes I used in the previous few.

Wow. This would probably get snapped up quick in New Mexico both because of the pattern around the side which feels sort of Native American Pueblo, but it has the colors of the desert as well.

I'm thinking of a lot of different things with this one. Feels wild and free yet contained by tasteful design with that frame or border. And that in itself carries one connotation.

I also like the Abstract Expressionistic juicy center, like biting into a bon bon from a chocolate box. Really does feel like those kinds of super aggressive process paintings like DeKooning and that lot. You nailed the style. The frame effect is a new wrinkle and sets up an interesting tension between them. . . which works nicely, I might add, as if it were a street painting hanging in a fancy, designer Manhattan apartment.

Anyway, it's cool stuff. I can see a number of your former directions coming together in these new offerings after your hiatus. Bravo!

Thanks a bunch for this comment D Akey, actually this one almost did not make it out to the forum, only some last minute color changes brought it to a point of balance for me. The nice thing about having you to comment is you have seen my work evolve for quite a while now and can see previous experiments get integrated into new directions.

It does remind me of Native American art and life style. Really like it. Thanks Marilyn Anne!

I like this, the colours and shapes :):):) Jean so glad you like the colors in this

Hello Gary,
Even If you posted your painting without a description or simply titleless, the Native American theme punches out at you!
Great job,
Steve Thanks Steve I am not Native American ( although my great-great grandmother was) but for some reason quite a few of my works seem to echo that style and color...and I take that as a compliment.

AndreaMG
02-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Gorgeous ;)

pat1940
02-16-2014, 11:54 AM
Gary, this is so magnificent, you have captured all the the true meaning of your thoughts and ideas on the canvas, I have said this before, but this is beautiful and another favorite one of mine

coops
02-16-2014, 11:44 PM
I think this is one of your best Gary, I love the colours :)

gxhpainter2
02-17-2014, 06:45 AM
Gorgeous ;) thanks Andrea :):)

Gary, this is so magnificent, you have captured all the the true meaning of your thoughts and ideas on the canvas, I have said this before, but this is beautiful and another favorite one of mine Pat so nice to hear from you again and I am glad you like this one. :cool::)

I think this is one of your best Gary, I love the colours :) high praise coming from you Katie, thank you very much :):o:cool:

Caesar
02-17-2014, 09:51 PM
You opened a portal in Your elegant briarwood frame to walk into an idyllic, mythical Parnassus past. Golden age recall and history rewinding looking for a different, more natural, harmonic path. Amazing!