PDA

View Full Version : Torn Paper

gxhpainter2
02-12-2014, 06:33 PM
flat colors with blending modes for an abstract collage effect

Caesar
02-12-2014, 08:27 PM
This is a quite interesting experiment turned into an intriguing artpiece!

Marilyn Anne
02-13-2014, 03:32 AM
Like slices of colorful rocks.

jmac
02-13-2014, 03:46 AM
That is pretty cool!

gxhpainter2
02-13-2014, 06:35 AM
Caesar, Maryiln Anne, and jmac thanks I am please you like this experiment. I am happy with the result and may pursue this style a bit more. It has a subtle simplicity that still has some good eye catching qualities. right now I am really liking the use of flat color areas with very little blending, etc ( like oil paint) and am drawn to a more flat print like approach.

Alexandra
02-13-2014, 06:39 AM
Always a pleasure, beautiful!

D Akey
02-13-2014, 06:48 AM
I really like this one. It generally speaks of order out of chaos. Besides that it's attractive in appearance. I like the colors you've chosen. It feels harmonious, in a world where the jigsaw puzzle pieces don't necessarily fit, we have peaceful co-existence. Going back to your other idea of a down shot on a city grid, here too when seen from enough altitude and the groupings become more dominant over the individual, there appears an overall form and structure, despite it not being a rigid mathematical fit. These bits aren't wildly torn into extremely different shapes. There's still order with some room for individuality, but generally following the same concept. With some diversity and some commonality, this feels more like an idyllic artist's colony rather than an edgy urban matrix.

Anyway, my take today. Maybe tomorrow I would relate differently. But I quite like it.

gxhpainter2
02-17-2014, 06:59 AM
Always a pleasure, beautiful! Sandy thanks , wow haven't heard from you in quite awhile hope your doing well and creating some of your wonderful paintings!..

I really like this one. It generally speaks of order out of chaos. Besides that it's attractive in appearance. I like the colors you've chosen. It feels harmonious, in a world where the jigsaw puzzle pieces don't necessarily fit, we have peaceful co-existence. Going back to your other idea of a down shot on a city grid, here too when seen from enough altitude and the groupings become more dominant over the individual, there appears an overall form and structure, despite it not being a rigid mathematical fit. These bits aren't wildly torn into extremely different shapes. There's still order with some room for individuality, but generally following the same concept. With some diversity and some commonality, this feels more like an idyllic artist's colony rather than an edgy urban matrix.

Anyway, my take today. Maybe tomorrow I would relate differently. But I quite like it. Excellent review here D Akey, I love to read you comments and this is one of my favorites as well.:cool::cool: