PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Bauble

Bunn Green
02-12-2014, 12:34 PM
This is my first attempt at using oils in Artrage, was finding it difficult to not let all the colours run together, any advice on how to use a drier brush or paint might help thanks. :confused:

copespeak
02-12-2014, 04:10 PM
Nice bauble! :cool:

Thinners up. You can isolate your colours with layers, merge them together and blend, or use Insta Dry and do the same.

Caesar
02-12-2014, 08:32 PM
Welcome! Maybe a little late, but still much interesting.

D Akey
02-12-2014, 08:36 PM
Ornaments provide a very interesting visual challenge with the warped reflections and metallic colors. Truly a challenge an old Flemish master painter would embrace. Yet this time perhaps done by an Impressionist. Nice, despite the wet paint you speak of. Gives it a juicy painterly look.

Bunn Green
02-13-2014, 01:05 AM
Nice bauble! :cool:

Thinners up. You can isolate your colours with layers, merge them together and blend, or use Insta Dry and do the same.

THanks I'll try that tonight when I get home. I'm presuming those features are available in the iPad version and not just the full desktop.

HarlequiNQB
02-13-2014, 07:12 PM
As far as I know, they are, yes.

Personally I use thin insta-dry oils quite a bit. Lay down the colour with a thicker paint (not too thick, about 50%) and then blend in using 70-95% thinners. Works quite well, especially if you sample your existing colours, but I don't know how to do that on a tablet. I usually don't even bother with multiple layers, unless it's something I might want to easily change later (such as a background).

Nice painting by the way :)